Home Forums Movies Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 11)

Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 11)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 509 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
6 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Elsa Korr
wolfali
schmids
  • Profile picture
    Chocoesq
    Topics:

May We Start might have been able to get a nom in a filler year, but as someone already pointed out, song is already already very competitive.

Profile picture
    fannie cannie
    Topics:

She’s a white actress playing a white person. Anyone complaining about it still hasn’t realized that race ≠ ethnicity.

Oh now I see, thank you to all the responses !

Profile picture
    CuriousHedgehog
    Topics:

I must say, the costumes in Cruella are fantastic, definitely on my list for nominations for sure.

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

Jodie Comer talked about The Last Duel, and working with Damon, Affleck, Driver, Holofcener and Scott in a new interview with Stephen Graham for Hunger magazine: Quote: JC: No, no! For The Last Duel, there was actually this whole confusion. I was told Ridley really wanted to meet me, but that I couldn’t read the script. And then we were chatting away in his office – you know he’s a Geordie? – and he asked me what I thought about the script! And I told him I hadn’t been given it and he was like, “What?” Then he said, “Right, I’m going to give it to you, I want you to go away, read it and let me know what you think.”

I thought the script was brilliant. I thought the way they’d approached the subject matter was phenomenal, and I just wanted to bite the hands off them, you know, for the opportunity to work with Ridley, and Adam and Matt and Ben and Nicole [Holofcener, co-writer of the screenplay]. It’s just a really, really clever script. And filming was just incredible. Ridley works in such a particular way, he has four or five cameras rolling the whole time. And he knows exactly what he wants, he’s meticulous. And he gives you the space to do what you want.

(Source: https://www.hungertv.com/editorial/community-issue-jodie-comer/)

Profile picture
    Jacob "Oscar Boy" Boe
    Topics:

Okay, wolfali, I’m trying to DM you my predix since you said today was the last day and it was literally my idea so I am kinda obligated to, but it’s not working so, here’s my predictions I guess…
    (in likelihood of nomination) I’m so sorry these are terrible; I just slapped them together. I realize I didn’t include TFD for costume and production design so these are really bad but oh well.
    Picture:
    Nightmare Alley
    West Side Story
    Soggy Bottom
    The Tragedy of Macbeth
    Canterbury Glass
    The Power of the Dog
    The Last Duel
    Dune
    House of Gucci
    Belfast

Director:
    Guillermo del Toro – Nightmare Alley
    Jane Campion – The Power of the Dog
    Paul Thomas Anderson – Soggy Bottom
    Ridley Scott – The Last Duel
    Denis Villeneuve – Dune

Actress:
    Lady Gaga – House of Gucci
    Kirsten Dunst – The Power of the Dog
    Martha Plimpton – Mass
    Cate Blanchett – Nightmare Alley
    Frances McDormand – The Tragedy of Macbeth

Actor:
    Adam Driver – House of Gucci
    Will Smith – King Richard
    Benedict Cumberbatch – The Power of the Dog
    Christian Bale – Canterbury Glass
    Bradley Cooper – Nightmare Alley

Supporting Actress:
    Jodie Comer – The Last Duel
    Toni Collette – Nightmare Alley
    Ann Dowd – Mass
    Jayne Houdyshell – The Humans
    Judi Dench – Belfast

Supporting Actor:
    Richard Jenkins – The Humans
    Jared Leto – House of Gucci
    Adam Driver – The Last Duel
    Bradley Cooper – Soggy Bottom
    Al Pacino – House of Gucci

Adapted Screenplay:
    Nightmare Alley
    The Tragedy of Macbeth
    The Last Duel
    The Power of the Dog
    Dune

Original Screenplay:
    Soggy Bottom
    Canterbury Glass
    Belfast
    Last Night in Soho
    The Card Counter

Cinematography:
    West Side Story
    Canterbury Glass
    Nightmare Alley
    The Last Duel
    The Power of the Dog

Costume Design:
    House of Gucci
    West Side Story
    Cruella
    Soggy Bottom
    Nightmare Alley

Film Editing:
    Canterbury Glass
    House of Gucci
    Nightmare Alley
    The Power of the Dog
    The Last Duel

Production Design:
    Nightmare Alley
    West Side Story
    House of Gucci
    Cruella
    Canterbury Glass

Makeup & Hairstyling:
    House of Gucci
    Cruella
    Being the Ricardos
    The Eyes of Tammy Faye
    The Whale

Score:
    Dune
    Nightmare Alley
    Canterbury Glass
    The Last Duel
    The Tragedy of Macbeth

Sound:
    Dune
    The Last Duel
    The Tragedy of Macbeth
    West Side Story
    In the Heights

Visual Effects:
    Dune
    Eternals
    No Time to Die
    Black Widow
    The Last Duel

Oscars FYC:

Dune in Picture, Director, Adapted Screenplay, Score, Sound, Production Design, Cinematography, Makeup and Hairstyling, Costume Design, Film Editing, and Visual Effects

Free Guy in Visual Effects

Profile picture
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

Jodie Comer talked about The Last Duel, and working with Damon, Affleck, Driver, Holofcener and Scott in a new interview with Stephen Graham for Hunger magazine: Quote: JC: No, no! For The Last Duel, there was actually this whole confusion. I was told Ridley really wanted to meet me, but that I couldn’t read the script. And then we were chatting away in his office – you know he’s a Geordie? – and he asked me what I thought about the script! And I told him I hadn’t been given it and he was like, “What?” Then he said, “Right, I’m going to give it to you, I want you to go away, read it and let me know what you think.” I thought the script was brilliant. I thought the way they’d approached the subject matter was phenomenal, and I just wanted to bite the hands off them, you know, for the opportunity to work with Ridley, and Adam and Matt and Ben and Nicole [Holofcener, co-writer of the screenplay]. It’s just a really, really clever script. And filming was just incredible. Ridley works in such a particular way, he has four or five cameras rolling the whole time. And he knows exactly what he wants, he’s meticulous. And he gives you the space to do what you want. (Source: https://www.hungertv.com/editorial/community-issue-jodie-comer/)

If 20th Century/Disney know what they are doing, they should prioritize their campaign on this instead of Relying on Canterbury Glass

FYC:
    Best Director: Edgar Wright, Guillermo Del Toro, Jane Campion
    Best Picture: Nightmare Alley, The Power of the Dog
    Best Actress: Kristen Stewart, Thomasin McKenzie, Rooney Mara, Tessa Thompson
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Bradley Cooper
    Best S. Actress: Cate Blanchett, Diana Rigg, Anya Taylor Joy
    Best S. Actor: Kodi Smit McPhee, Willem Dafoe, Richard Jenkins

Profile picture
    Chocoesq
    Topics:

I must say, the costumes in Cruella are fantastic, definitely on my list for nominations for sure.

yes, but I have to laugh at myself for somehow thinking the Emmas could contend for acting nominations. Thankfully they save the movie from being razzie worthy.

Profile picture
    Anirudh Arun
    Topics:

If 20th Century/Disney know what they are doing, they should prioritize their campaign on this instead of Relying on Canterbury Glass

What if Canterbury Glass is actually good?

Profile picture
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

What if Canterbury Glass is actually good?

Okay. Looks like Im misleading here. Im saying that they couldnt rely solely on Canterbury Glass or heavily prioritize Canterbury Glass over TLD since TLD is great (according to screening test) whereas there a lot things going on wirh Canterbury Glass. Overlong script, “We are making Oscars Submission” and all the things with DOR

FYC:
    Best Director: Edgar Wright, Guillermo Del Toro, Jane Campion
    Best Picture: Nightmare Alley, The Power of the Dog
    Best Actress: Kristen Stewart, Thomasin McKenzie, Rooney Mara, Tessa Thompson
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Bradley Cooper
    Best S. Actress: Cate Blanchett, Diana Rigg, Anya Taylor Joy
    Best S. Actor: Kodi Smit McPhee, Willem Dafoe, Richard Jenkins

Profile picture
    Lucas
    Topics:

yes, but I have to laugh at myself for somehow thinking the Emmas could contend for acting nominations.

Me 😂

Cruella will probably follow the Mulan route of nominations. Disney is truly defenestrating their impeccable 90’s era with these atrocious live-action remakes. They need to be stopped.

Profile picture
    schmids
    Topics:

Me 😂 Cruella will probably follow the Mulan route of nominations. Disney is truly defenestrating their impeccable 90’s era with these atrocious live-action remakes. They need to be stopped.

It had elements that were OK but the ‘origin story’ element was so poorly executed.

Profile picture
    pedrohf2001
    Topics:

yes, but I have to laugh at myself for somehow thinking the Emmas could contend for acting nominations. Thankfully they save the movie from being razzie worthy.

We are talking about about costumes. Not acting. Cruella is not a Razzie at all. Its actually a great movie. FAR from razzie

Profile picture
    pedrohf2001
    Topics:

As of now, movies like The Women in the Window and Mortal Kombat are totally razzies worthy. Cruella has a 73% on RT and 97% audience score. As I said , the movie is actually good. Yall just try to hate everything Disney,  even if its good. Its not a Oscar contender outside of  costumes and maybe makeup but it doesnt mean mean its bad at all. Its actually the most fun and entertaining watch of the year so far. I mean, 2nd.  Oxygen on Netflix is 1st. Amazing movie

Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

Actor (Early pred.)
    1. Denzel Washington (The Tragedy of Macbeth)
    2. Adam Driver (Annette/House of Gucci)
    3. Benedict Cumberbatch (The Power of The Dog)
    4. Leonardo DiCaprio (Don’t Look Up)
    5. Will Smith (King Richard)

6. Christian Bale (Canterbury Glass)
    7. Bradley Cooper (Nightmare Alley)
    8. Brendan Fraser (The Whale)
    9. Michael B. Jordan (A Journal For Jordan)
    10. Anthony Ramos (In The Heights)

Profile picture
    schmids
    Topics:

As of now, movies like The Women in the Window and Mortal Kombat are totally razzies worthy. Cruella has a 73% on RT and 97% audience score. As I said , the movie is actually good. Yall just try to hate everything Disney, even if its good. Its not a Oscar contender outside of costumes and maybe makeup but it doesnt mean mean its bad at all. Its actually the most fun and entertaining watch of the year so far. I mean, 2nd. Oxygen on Netflix is 1st. Amazing movie

Or… people just have a different opinion of the movie than you do? I thought it looked great but was kind of a mess, and the origin story element was just poorly done.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 509 total)

The topic ‘Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 11)’ is closed to new replies.