Home Forums Movies Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 11)

Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 11)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 509 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
6 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Elsa Korr
wolfali
schmids
  • Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

I wonder whether people saying Taylor Joy’s role in Last Night in Soho is showy solely due to the fact that she sings and dance??

Because otherwise McKenzie seems to have meatier role and something is telling me that she will go “Obsessed artist trope” route only this time, her obsession is more towards 1960s and Anya than her own craft.

FYC:
    Best Director: Edgar Wright, Guillermo Del Toro, Jane Campion
    Best Picture: Nightmare Alley, The Power of the Dog
    Best Actress: Kristen Stewart, Thomasin McKenzie, Rooney Mara, Tessa Thompson
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Bradley Cooper
    Best S. Actress: Cate Blanchett, Diana Rigg, Anya Taylor Joy
    Best S. Actor: Kodi Smit McPhee, Willem Dafoe, Richard Jenkins

Profile picture
    schmids
    Topics:

Do you have a credible source for this?

I’ve never heard this particular Mastronio story but Ed Harris did almost drown and it’s true that he flatly refuses to discuss the project. And I know the shooting of Mastronio’s resuscitation scene was so brutal that she walked off the set. These are pretty well known stories.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    RIDLEY SCOTT
    Topics:

Do you have a credible source for this?

Not in interviews because James Cameron, still, is one of the most powerful Producers in all Hollywood. But, in private, Ed Harris said horrible stories about Cameron.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

Well to solidify the point why Winslet could never has the ball to say that:

She worked with Roman Polanski, Woody Allen and Harvey Weinstein. Let that sink in

FYC:

Profile picture
    RIDLEY SCOTT
    Topics:

Link to the Ed Harris interview where he claimed Mastrantonio literally died and had to be revived, please. Or are you suggesting Ed Harris told you this in person?

Yes. The second. Like I said in another comment: Not in interviews because James Cameron, still, is one of the most powerful Producers in all Hollywood. But in private he said horrible things about Cameron

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    kingfan011
    Topics:

Just finished reading Power of the Dog. Great book. Very Cormac McCarthy in a good   way.

Profile picture
    deemura
    Topics:

Anyone have a new scoop for The Power of The Dog?

Profile picture
    Fletcher
    Topics:

Festival de Cannes : “Stillwater” avec Matt Damon et “Flag Day” de Sean Penn attendus en compétition

Article réservé aux abonnés : https://t.co/TVKEMVcz3q https://t.co/QM4hA21l45

Liv Ullmann's fan account.
    https://letterboxd.com/fletcha/

Profile picture
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

Festival de Cannes : “Stillwater” avec Matt Damon et “Flag Day” de Sean Penn attendus en compétition Article réservé aux abonnés : https://t.co/TVKEMVcz3q https://t.co/QM4hA21l45

Is Focus actually campaigning Stillwater??

FYC:

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

Gaga has been given all the tools for a nom. Interesting story, good release date, good on screen partner, good production design, good costuming, apparently a good script, etc. Gaga’s accent will either seal or kill her chances.

What about Driver? I think Logan Lucky and Silence are the only films where he’s done accents. I haven’t seen Silence, so I can’t comment on that, but I’ve seen some of his fans on social media say he’s not good when it comes to accents. Also: the person who apparently read the HoG script is a big Gaga fan (you can check out their Twitter page), so they’re obviously going to be biased. I’d prefer the opinion of someone who wasn’t attached.

Profile picture
    schmids
    Topics:

What about Driver? I think Logan Lucky and Silence are the only films where he’s done accents. I haven’t seen Silence, so I can’t comment on that, but I’ve seen some of his fans on social media say he’s not good when it comes to accents. Also: the person who apparently read the HoG script is a big Gaga fan (you can check out their Twitter page), so they’re obviously going to be biased. I’d prefer the opinion of someone who wasn’t attached.

There is also someone on AW who has read it and says it’s good.

And yeah the Driver and accents thing seems to be a real narrative around him, but I’ve not seen any actual evidence of him being a disaster. His LL accent was fine, Silence was OK, there was a weird thing where people took the odd British accent he does in Marriage Story as a serious attempt rather than a joke so maybe that has something to do with it.

Also Driver isn’t narrating so his accent work is less important than Gaga IMO.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 509 total)

The topic ‘Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 11)’ is closed to new replies.