Home Forums Movies Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 11)

Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 11)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 512 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Elsa Korr
wolfali
schmids
  • Profile picture
    rollins
    Topics:

Reminds me of this:  

Who is the man in the top right corner wearing the glasses?

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I feel like McKenzie is an easy miss unless the film ends up being so strong that she somehow gets Lakeith’d into supporting.

Oscars FYC:
    "Shiva Baby" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "Together" – in all categories especially Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "CODA" – in all categories especially Supporting Actor (Troy Kotsur)
    "Everybody's Talking About Jamie" – Supporting Actor (Richard E. Grant), Supporting Actress (Sarah Lancashire)
    "I'm Your Man" – International Feature
    "Summer of Soul" – Documentary Feature

Profile picture
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

Am i the only one who spotted one of the Wesley twins from Harry Potter movies? When he puts off McKenzie’s jacket

FYC-Nightmare Alley in All Categories (Best Picture, Guillermo Del Toro for Best Director, Bradley Cooper for Best Actor, Cate Blanchett for Best Actress, Rooney Mara for Best Supporting Actress, Richard Jenkins for Best Supporting Actor)

FYC-Last Night in Soho (Edgar Wright for Best Director, Thomasin McKenzie for Best Actress, Anya Taylor Joy for Best Supporting Actress, Edgar Wright and Krysty Wilson Cairns for Best Original Screenplay)

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

I feel like McKenzie is an easy miss unless the film ends up being so strong that she somehow gets Lakeith’d into supporting.

As much as i love her and rooting for her to get in, this year is just too stacked for lead. Unless one of Macbeth, Gucci or Canterbury Glass completely flops i dont see how McKenzie could get in. BAFTA/SAG is her ceiling IMO.

Her best case maybe will be like Pugh a couple years ago. Missed for lead in Midsommar but gets in for Supporting in Little Women. This could be her case where she miss for Soho but sneak in for Power of the Dog in supporting

FYC-Nightmare Alley in All Categories (Best Picture, Guillermo Del Toro for Best Director, Bradley Cooper for Best Actor, Cate Blanchett for Best Actress, Rooney Mara for Best Supporting Actress, Richard Jenkins for Best Supporting Actor)

FYC-Last Night in Soho (Edgar Wright for Best Director, Thomasin McKenzie for Best Actress, Anya Taylor Joy for Best Supporting Actress, Edgar Wright and Krysty Wilson Cairns for Best Original Screenplay)

Profile picture
    Cabelo da Shiv
    Topics:

I’d give an Oscar to whoever cut this trailer. Wow.

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

I really don’t think Last Night in Soho will be a contender. It doesn’t look awards friendly at all and it’ll probably have nothing “socially relevant” to say unlike other unconventional nominees.

It still looks interesting, though.

Profile picture
    DanC
    Topics:

Edgar Wright getting early praise from Jordan Peele and James Gunn on Twitter based off of that trailer. Interesting.

Along with JJ Abrams, Christopher McQuarrie, James Mangold, & Patton Oswalt. I honestly think that people are enthusiastic about Wright in the same way that they were for Bong Joon-Ho, Guillermo del Toro, or especially Taika Waititi

Waititi & Wright: auteur comedic genre directors who get a mainstream breakthrough (Thor & Baby Driver respectively), have basically worked with everyone, & garner a reputation that makes people want to vote for them for the first “prestige” project they make.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

If Baby Driver can happen in editing, this most certainly can too.

Oscars FYC:
    "Shiva Baby" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "Together" – in all categories especially Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "CODA" – in all categories especially Supporting Actor (Troy Kotsur)
    "Everybody's Talking About Jamie" – Supporting Actor (Richard E. Grant), Supporting Actress (Sarah Lancashire)
    "I'm Your Man" – International Feature
    "Summer of Soul" – Documentary Feature

Profile picture
    Ryusei
    Topics:

Soho looks great, I can’t wait to watch it, maybe in an actual theater even it’s been a while lol Anya really captured me with her expressions.

FYC: Lead Actress - Alana Haim (Licorice Pizza)

Profile picture
    runninglikewater
    Topics:

Do we think both In The Heights and West Side Story could get in? Two musicals would be insane in BP!

Profile picture
    CuriousHedgehog
    Topics:

I am so unbelievably hyped for this movie, I will campaign it to the Oscars and have it for 7 nominations in my current personal tally (3 above and 4 below).

Do we think both In The Heights and West Side Story could get in? Two musicals would be insane in BP!

I personally have one musical making its way through to the Oscars and it’s WSS.

Profile picture
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

I am so unbelievably hyped for this movie, I will campaign it to the Oscars and have it for 7 nominations in my current personal tally (3 above and 4 below). I personally have one musical making its way through to the Oscars and it’s WSS.

What are you predicting from Soho to Oscars??

Profile picture
    Arman Saxena
    Topics:

Extremely excited to see it but I don’t think there is any obvious precedent for a film like Last Night in Soho getting into BP. Even though Wright is getting support from the right people (sorry), this doesn’t seem Oscar-y enough for the Academy. It doesn’t have seem to be tackling any social issues and I think with the great cast, Olivia Wilde at the helm, and the feminist themes, Don’t Worry, Darling could garner the popular and industry support needed to be the horror-thriller that gets into the BP fold this year. However, both are not in my top 10 at this point.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 512 total)

The topic ‘Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 11)’ is closed to new replies.