Home Forums Movies Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 11)

Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 11)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 509 total)
Created
8 months ago
Last Reply
8 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Elsa Korr
wolfali
schmids
  • Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

And that same bubble started #oscarssowhite and the whole woody allen thing, both became major controversies. I wouldn’t underestimate the potential of that bubble’s impact. Critics and verified accs are already talking about it as well. As for Taratantino who another user mentioned, he’s not a good comparison imo. Tarantino does not have nearly as much dirt as DOR, and Tarantino is very popular and well liked among critics and GP. Critics have been getting tired of DOR’s schtik and GP doesn’t care about him, he’s kind of an easy target.

And then in all of sudďen most of the cast denounce him and donate their salary…

FYC:
    Best Director: Edgar Wright, Guillermo Del Toro, Jane Campion
    Best Picture: Nightmare Alley, The Power of the Dog
    Best Actress: Kristen Stewart, Thomasin McKenzie, Rooney Mara, Tessa Thompson
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Bradley Cooper
    Best S. Actress: Cate Blanchett, Diana Rigg, Anya Taylor Joy
    Best S. Actor: Kodi Smit McPhee, Willem Dafoe, Richard Jenkins

Profile picture
    schmids
    Topics:

And then in all of sudďen most of the cast denounce him and donate their salary…

Or pretend to denounce him a la Timothee Chalamet and Woody Allen…

Profile picture
    Rachel615
    Topics:

I repeat it, aside from the SJW Twitter bubble, there won’t be any actual repercussion in the real world, no one will care about this.

You might be correct, but I wouldn’t be so sure. In 2017, Amazon had planned to spend $160 million on a series to be directed by DOR starring Julianne Moore and Robert DeNiro, which was cancelled in light of concerns about his behavior. If there are new verified reports about recent troubling behavior by DOR, there may well be “actual repercussions.” It’s been five years since the prior incidents took place, and he may have altered his conduct— I certainly hope so— but reports about any recent incidents (if any have occurred) could have significant consequences.

See

Amazon Scraps Expensive David O. Russell Drama In Light of Weinstein Scandal

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

The Gaga fan who read the House of Gucci script and shared some screenshots of it deleted their tweets. Anyone think someone from the studio sent them a warning and that’s why they deleted their tweets?

Profile picture
    schmids
    Topics:

The Gaga fan who read the House of Gucci script and shared some screenshots of it deleted their tweets. Anyone think someone from the studio sent them a warning and that’s why they deleted their tweets?

Presumably. Obviously a lot of pap photos came out during the shoot but someone leaking the script (and confirming such a big element as the narration/fourth wall breaking) is a different level that I’m sure they’re annoyed by.

Either that or the fan was getting bombarded with questions by other fans and got annoyed.

Profile picture
    paul_kolas
    Topics:

DOR filmed both Silver Linings Playbook and American Hustle in Worcester and Boston. He loves the area, and shot some scenes for American Hustle at Nicks, a Worcester night club I used to go to now and then, and he really got chummy with one of the bartenders over a shared love for Frank Sinatra. Personally, I think he’s one of the most overrated directors ever. I just don’t get the critical adulation for him. I have little faith that Canterbury Glass is going to be a serious Oscar contender, but who knows? The cast is insane, and from the stills, it looks like a period caper film. Time will tell.

Profile picture
    Caelin Cripps
    Topics:

https://people.com/movies/jessica-chastain-transforms-into-tammy-faye-bakker-in-new-biopic-i-was-blown-away-by-her-story/

First real look at Jessica Chastain and Andrew Garfield in “The Eyes of Tammy Faye” just released.

WOW! Jessica is nearly unrecognizable. I actually had to do a double take when I saw the pictures on Twitter.
    Makeup / Hairstyling contender at the very least.

Profile picture
    Fletcher
    Topics:

plss.. why andrew garfield looks like tom hanks?

Liv Ullmann's fan account.
    https://letterboxd.com/fletcha/

Profile picture
    MysticMagix
    Topics:

This screams hillbilly elegy

A little bit of Magic never hurt anybody.

~ MYSTIC

Profile picture
    Fletcher
    Topics:

This screams hillbilly elegy

Jessica SAG nom incoming

Liv Ullmann's fan account.
    https://letterboxd.com/fletcha/

Profile picture
    thomasrigours
    Topics:

Probably Dune Will Don’t Look Up end up having characters actually traveling to space? Actually never mind it can’t be a Netflix project because of what Fremaux said later in the interview.

Dune will open the Venice Film Festival so it’s not that.

Some insiders said that Nighmare Alley was the planetary blockbuster but is it a blockbuster ??

Profile picture
    Anirudh Arun
    Topics:

Jessica Chastain actually looks unrecognizable. She could be a contender even if the film is mediocre.

Profile picture
    schmids
    Topics:

Dune will open the Venice Film Festival so it’s not that.  

Has this been confirmed?

Profile picture
    Harmen Moes
    Topics:

Has this been confirmed?

Check wikipedia of Venice 2021

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 509 total)

The topic ‘Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 11)’ is closed to new replies.