Home Forums Movies Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 12)

Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 12)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 533 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
6 months ago
( +5 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Elsa Korr
schmids
  • Profile picture
    loollapalooza1
    Topics:

Does anyone have an idea of what Warner Bros is going to do? They seem to have a lot of films and a lot seem like *possible* contenders.

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

I haven’t seen A Quiet Place 2, but folks have been saying great things about it. I just hope this one gets more nominations than the first one. I still don’t see them going the way of Emily Blunt though….sadly, they don’t care when it comes to the ever excellent Blunt

Laga Gaga's BIGGEST FAN

Profile picture
    Butz
    Topics:

I haven’t seen A Quiet Place 2, but folks have been saying great things about it. I just hope this one gets more nominations than the first one. I still don’t see them going the way of Emily Blunt though….sadly, they don’t care when it comes to the ever excellent Blunt

I’d highly doubt it, sadly. This year is absolutely stacked in the technicals, and it doesn’t seem to have the novelty factor the first one had. If quality alone was the deciding element, the first one would have scored a buttload of nominations already.

FYC - Oscars 2022:
    NINE DAYS in all categories, including:
    - Best Picture
    - Best Director
    - Best Original Screenplay
    - Best Actor (Winston Duke)
    - Best Supporting Actress (Zazie Beetz)
    - Best Supporting Actor (Benedict Wong)

RIDERS OF JUSTICE:
    - Best Picture
    - Best Actor (Mads Mikkelsen)
    - Best Supporting Actor (Nicolas Bro)

Letterboxd: Ray_In_Bruges

Profile picture
    loollapalooza1
    Topics:

I saw it last night and it was excellent but if they are campaigning for acting awards I think they’d go with Millicent Simmonds (Emily’s daughter in the movie) I think it being a sequel also hurts its chances.

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

I’d highly doubt it, sadly. This year is absolutely stacked in the technicals, and it doesn’t seem to have the novelty factor the first one had. If quality alone was the deciding element, the first one would have scored a buttload of nominations already.

I heard Blunt was great as usual even though she has a lesser screen time.

Laga Gaga's BIGGEST FAN

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

Yeah. They’re likely to give it a lone sound nom again

Laga Gaga's BIGGEST FAN

Profile picture
    diego
    Topics:

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheFilmUpdates/status/1400737723397328896 Netflix refused taking Blonde to Cannes. What the hell is Netflix planning for this movie ? They delayed it from last year and now they are holding the movie and won’t even release a trailer or poster ? There’s isn’t any news in ages.

They’ll want to release it at a festival where it’s actually competitive for wins.

The only reason they probably agreed to have D5B screen out-of-competition last year was that Spike was going to be jury president.

Profile picture
    kingfan011
    Topics:

I don’t know how Plemons will be campaigned as supporting although I wouldn’t be a surprise. The brothers are definitely the co leads of the novel. Then again if eel like they will cut out or heavily reduce the first 100 pages before the ranch so who knows what the film will look like.

Profile picture
    Butz
    Topics:

Yeah. They’re likely to give it a lone sound nom again

If even that. I could actually see them saying that the sound design isn’t anything new anymore.

FYC - Oscars 2022:
    NINE DAYS in all categories, including:
    - Best Picture
    - Best Director
    - Best Actor (Winston Duke)
    - Best Supporting Actress (Zazie Beetz)
    - Best Supporting Actor (Benedict Wong)

RIDERS OF JUSTICE:
    - Best Picture
    - Best Actor (Mads Mikkelsen)
    - Best Supporting Actor (Nicolas Bro)

Letterboxd: Ray_In_Bruges

Profile picture
    mitchellfleming21
    Topics:

Fremaux also talked about the “planetary blockbuster”:

DEADLINE: What can you tell us about the Hollywood film on the beach? When are you going to announce it?

FREMAUX: Soon, soon. We didn’t want to announce it today because we knew that people would be particularly interested in the competition, etc. It’s a film of pleasure and entertainment for the people on the beach, it’s popular cinema. And, you’ll see it’s going to be pretty cool.

DEADLINE: Okay, do you regret remarks you made recently calling it a “planetary” film?

FREMAUX: No, because a blockbuster is at the heart of it American cinema and American cinema is planetary.

DEADLINE: Everyone was immediately thinking what sci-fi movie it could be…

FREMAUX: Because of the planets? Really? No, it’s not that.

I feel like No Time to Die might be an obvious guess but…. is it stupid of me to think it could be Jungle Cruise 😂😂? That comes out in July, seems like it purely exists to be a crowd pleasing Hollywood blockbuster. Or will they go for something more prestigious? I feel like he’s debunked it being Dune or Eternals, it could be anything really.

Profile picture
    schmids
    Topics:

I feel like No Time to Die might be an obvious guess but…. is it stupid of me to think it could be Jungle Cruise 😂? That comes out in July, seems like it purely exists to be a crowd pleasing Hollywood blockbuster. Or will they go for something more prestigious? I feel like he’s debunked it being Dune or Eternals, it could be anything really.

Hadn’t thought of Jungle Cruise! That really would be left-field for Cannes. I’m still thinking Top Gun 2 but honestly who knows. It could be anything at this point – only thing is I’m not sure if Jungle Cruise is a ‘blockbuster’?

Profile picture
    mitchellfleming21
    Topics:

Hadn’t thought of Jungle Cruise! That really would be left-field for Cannes. I’m still thinking Top Gun 2 but honestly who knows. It could be anything at this point – only thing is I’m not sure if Jungle Cruise is a ‘blockbuster’?

Yeah Top Gun is a good guess, but I feel like it’ll be something coming out very soon after the festival. And I think any film with the Rock as its lead gets produced with the intent of it being a blockbuster. Whether or not it will live up to that or flop, I have no idea.

Profile picture
    schmids
    Topics:

Yeah Top Gun is a good guess, but I feel like it’ll be something coming out very soon after the festival. And I think any film with the Rock as its lead gets produced with the intent of it being a blockbuster. Whether or not it will live up to that or flop, I have no idea.

That’s true. And the last film based on a theme park ride did pretty well…

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Cannes have premiered popcorn blockbusters in the past (X-Men Last Stand, Crystal Skull, Solo Star Wars etc) so something like Jungle Cruise or Top Gun wouldn’t be out of the blue.

Oscars FYC:

"CODA" – in all categories

"Everybody's Talking About Jamie" – Sup. Actor (Richard E. Grant), Sup. Actress (Sarah Lancashire) and Original Song (“This Was Me”)

"King Richard" – Original Song (“Be Alive”)

"Summer of Soul" – Picture, Film Editing and Documentary Feature

“The Green Knight” – in all categories

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 533 total)

The topic ‘Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 12)’ is closed to new replies.