Home Forums Movies Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 12)

Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 12)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 533 total)
Created
12 months ago
Last Reply
11 months ago
( +5 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Elsa Korr
schmids
  • Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:
    paul_kolas
    Topics:

Lolo’s, I don’t consider the Cannes lineup so much a “major disappointment,” as the fact that the Festival refuses to include Netflix films in the Competition category. I should have made that more clear, and for that, my apologies. I can appreciate that Cannes is adamant about only including films that will have a traditional theatrical run in order to qualify in the Competition category, and I criticize Netflix for not doing so, especially since Jane Campion won the Palm  d’Or for “The Piano.” It’s a shame that “The Power of the Dog” and Blonde” (which I’m excited to hear that Fremaux calls “beautiful”), can’t compete, even though Fremaux wanted those films in the Out Of Competition category.

There are films I am very much looking forward to in the Cannes lineup, including Julia Ducournau’s “Titane,” Asghar Farhadi’s “A Hero”, Kogonada’s “After Yang” and Sean Baker’s “Red Rocket,” as well as “Annette” and “The French Dispatch.”

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

Lolo’s, I don’t consider the Cannes lineup so much a “major disappointment,” as the fact that the Festival refuses to include Netflix films in the Competition category. I should have made that more clear, and for that, my apologies. I can appreciate that Cannes is adamant about only including films that will have a traditional theatrical run in order to qualify in the Competition category, and I criticize Netflix for not doing so, especially since Jane Campion won the Palm d’Or for “The Piano.” It’s a shame that “The Power of the Dog” and Blonde” (which I’m excited to hear that Fremaux calls “beautiful”), can’t compete, even though Fremaux wanted those films in the Out Of Competition category. There are films I am very much looking forward to in the Cannes lineup, including Julia Ducournau’s “Titane,” Asghar Farhadi’s “A Hero”, Kogonada’s “After Yang” and Sean Baker’s “Red Rocket,” as well as “Annette” and “The French Dispatch.”

Until the 36 month streaming law changes Netflix will never release anything theatrically in France – it’s too big a streaming market for them.

Profile picture
    paul_kolas
    Topics:

Here’s a juicy history of DOR’s infamous past behavior. Has he mended his ways, or is it too late to avoid the Cancel Culture banishment? And he hasn’t even started shooting “Canterbury Glass” yet, according to this article?! Good luck with getting it out by the end of the year…

https://www.worldofreel.com/blog/2021/6/nkr779ifx1ol8svqzbvq5inmoinjq4

Profile picture
    schmids
    Topics:

Here’s a juicy history of DOR’s infamous past behavior. Has he mended his ways, or is it too late to avoid the Cancel Culture banishment? And he hasn’t even started shooting “Canterbury Glass” yet, according to this article?! Good luck with getting it out by the end of the year… https://www.worldofreel.com/blog/2021/6/nkr779ifx1ol8svqzbvq5inmoinjq4

Taylor Swift’s casting announcement has made people think it’s not made yet, but it is – it wrapped a while ago and is now in post.

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

Marion Cotillard has confirmed in an interview with French Marie Claire that she has just one spoken cue in Annette.

When they said sung through they meant it!

Profile picture
    paul_kolas
    Topics:

Fefface, I know that the 36 month streaming law is sadly the roadblock, and, Schmids, I had my doubts about the veracity of that “Canterbury Glass” having yet to shoot, because it started shooing in LA in January, and Taylor Swift, as you said, was added to the already stacked cast this past week. Makes you wonder, if DOR is such a monster to work with, how he can assemble a cast like that. Maybe some actors are gluttons for punishment.

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

The A Quiet Place spinoff-which Jeff Nicholas is directing and writing-will be released on March 31, 2023 (source: Deadline).

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

What the hell is Netflix planning for this movie ? .

It’s being rumoured for Venice.

They delayed it from last year

Did they? I thought production was delayed due to the pandemic (like with Unforgiven).

FYC:

"The Good Fight" and "The Other Two" in all categories.

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

Did they? I thought production was delayed due to the pandemic (like with Unforgiven).

Blonde? It wrapped in late 2019 I think.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Blonde? It wrapped in late 2019 I think.

Oh? Ok then I have no idea behind the logic of Netflix’s delay.

FYC:

"The Good Fight" and "The Other Two" in all categories.

Profile picture
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

Might be unpopular, but I think there is a slight chance that Canterbury Glass will survive all this mess after revelation of Taylor Swift’s casting. On the first place, The “Separate the art from the artist” notion is still going strong.

People keep talking about so Stanley Kubrick’s movies (who is a pain in the ass to work with) and his movies regarded as Classic. So if Canterbury Glass turns out to be good then there are good chances that the Academy will eat it up eventually (although in DOR case he groped his niece so it could made differences)

FYC:
    Best Director: Edgar Wright, Guillermo Del Toro, Jane Campion
    Best Picture: Nightmare Alley, The Power of the Dog
    Best Actress: Kristen Stewart, Thomasin McKenzie, Rooney Mara, Tessa Thompson
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Bradley Cooper
    Best S. Actress: Cate Blanchett, Diana Rigg, Anya Taylor Joy
    Best S. Actor: Kodi Smit McPhee, Willem Dafoe, Richard Jenkins

Profile picture
    Lucas
    Topics:

People keep talking about so Stanley Kubrick’s movies (who is a pain in the ass to work with) and his movies regarded as Classic. So if Canterbury Glass turns out to be good then there are good chances that the Academy will eat it up eventually (although in DOR case he groped his niece so it could made differences)

You really just compared Stanley Kubrick with David O. Russell huh…

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

People keep talking about so Stanley Kubrick’s movies (who is a pain in the ass to work with) and his movies regarded as Classic.

Kubrick films are a classic the same can’t be said for low brow David O’ Russel movies.

Michelle (Yeoh, Williams) Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Is it confirmed??

Variety reported that Venice had invited The Power of the Dog a while back.

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/cannes-2021-films-official-selection-lineup-predictions-1234958648/

“Both “The Power of The Dog” and “The Card Counter” have been invited to Venice, but are first waiting to see if Cannes pulls off the festival amid the pandemic, Variety has learned.”

Justice for Passing, Tessa Thompson & Ruth Negga.

The Power of the Dog / Jane Campion / Benedict Cumberbatch / Kristen Stewart / Kirsten Dunst / Troy Kotsur

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 533 total)

The topic ‘Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 12)’ is closed to new replies.