Home Forums Movies Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 12)

Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 12)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 533 total)
Created
8 months ago
Last Reply
7 months ago
( +5 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Elsa Korr
schmids
  • Profile picture
    Aniket Sharma
    Topics:

I guess I’m the only one here but I think that looks really bad and has failed oscar bait written all over it. I doubt Chastain is happening.

Yup, you’re the only one.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

Chastain is Searchlight’s first push, in my opinion, even more than McDormand. She’s not just coming, she’s marching!

cough… cough… Nightmare Alley and Cate Blanchett

FYC:
    Best Director: Edgar Wright, Guillermo Del Toro, Jane Campion
    Best Picture: Nightmare Alley, The Power of the Dog
    Best Actress: Kristen Stewart, Thomasin McKenzie, Rooney Mara, Tessa Thompson
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Bradley Cooper
    Best S. Actress: Cate Blanchett, Diana Rigg, Anya Taylor Joy
    Best S. Actor: Kodi Smit McPhee, Willem Dafoe, Richard Jenkins

Profile picture
    Lucas
    Topics:

If the Globes were still a thing Chastain would be locked just from that trailer alone.

The film itself looks kind of solid? I’m intrigued now. We’ll see about its Oscar chances.

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

The Eyes of Tammy Faye trailer.

https://twitter.com/eyesoftammyfaye/status/1402610296494063616?s=19

Could be good, but I don’t expect anything besides Chastain and Makeup.

Profile picture
    paul_kolas
    Topics:

I don’t know what to make of the Eyes of Tammy Faye trailer. It looks like a typical broad brushstroke bio, with a showy performance by Chastain that borders on caricature. I’m more impressed by Hudson as Aretha Franklin, and until we see a trailer for Blonde, why even speculate about de Armas?

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

I don’t know what to make of the Eyes of Tammy Faye trailer. It looks like a typical broad brushstroke bio, with a showy performance by Chastain that borders on caricature. I’m more impressed by Hudson as Aretha Franklin, and until we see a trailer for Blonde, why even speculate about de Armas?

I think it’s because the role screams awards contender (playing Marilyn Monroe), Andrew Dominik directing,  and Ana being a rising star. I also just remembered that OUATIH was one of the films that got first look photos from the film published by Vanity Fair. Same thing happened with Dune.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Unless it’s a Hillbilly Elegy level of a mess, Chastain can easily get in if she has the performance.

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

It’s looking more likely to me that Canterbury Glass is going to be pushed until next year unless new information about the film is released very soon. 

I’m also beginning to think it’ll be released next year.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    RIDLEY SCOTT
    Topics:

I guess I’m the only one here but I think that looks really bad and has failed oscar bait written all over it. I doubt Chastain is happening.

It looks awful. But awful films got Oscar noms every year.

Profile picture
    Kaguya-hime
    Topics:

It’s very possible that both are big contenders THE LAST DUEL and HOUSE OF GUCCI. In the past, I thought only 1 of them but they are so different in style that both THE LAST DUEL and HOUSE OF GUCCI could get Best Picture Oscar noms

It doesn’t matter that they’re different in style, it’s incredibly unlikely that both will be good. Ridley Scott making 2 good movies in the same year would be almost unprecedented.

Maybe Unpopular, but perhaps Chastain has more chance than De Armas for Blonde

Everyone keeps overestimating Blonde so much. Literally the only Oscar-friendly thing about it is that it is about Marilyn Monroe, and that’s it. The source material, script, and director are all pretty out there (and I know Jesse James got Affleck nominated, but it still missed out to some pretty weak competition in categories like Best Actor that year, and it was a way more “normal” movie than Blonde).

Chastain looks like the typical performance from an ok or above ok movie that sweeps the season

Lol, Chastain is clearly not sweeping the season.

cough… cough… Nightmare Alley and Cate Blanchett

Why do people keep acting like Blanchett is a lead?

Profile picture
    Arman Saxena
    Topics:

I think ‘Tammy Faye’ could have a ‘Bombshell’ type performance where it gets two acting noms and attention in Hair and Makeup as well.

Profile picture
    AniAbbina
    Topics:

Chastain has a spotty track-record with the academy, ever since Zero Dark Thirty, they have been snubbing her

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

Tammy Faye looks like it’s going to be a failed Oscar bait. Unless she has heartbreaking/theatrical scenes where she cries uncontrollably

Laga Gaga for Best Actress.

House of Gucci for best picture.

Belfast for everything - Best Picture win

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 533 total)

The topic ‘Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 12)’ is closed to new replies.