Home Forums Movies Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 12)

Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 12)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 556 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +5 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Jajajajjaja
schmids
  • Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

Tammy Faye looks like it’s going to be a failed Oscar bait. Unless she has heartbreaking/theatrical scenes where she cries uncontrollably

A Lady Gaga DEVOTEE

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

Chastain has a spotty track-record with the academy, ever since Zero Dark Thirty, they have been snubbing her

That’s another issue. They don’t like her. She deserved to be nominated for A Most Violent Year

A Lady Gaga DEVOTEE

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Chastain has a spotty track-record with the academy, ever since Zero Dark Thirty, they have been snubbing her

The only Oscar movie she had since then was with Molly’s Game, but she didn’t get in because of that insanely stacked Best Actress line up.

Profile picture
    Melvinezq
    Topics:

Her Most Violent Year snub was because she could not campaign for it while the contract seemed like it compel her to focus on Interstellar. Her Miss Sloane was a typical GG Actress in Drama snubbed in The Academy when the comedy side was so strong. Her third one was also painful because like the second one, it’s Meryl Streep. In this one, she was in a BP-nominated Spielberg’s film which meant that it was the epitome of Oscar bait. Chastain was in Sorkin’s directorial debut. All of them were not that shocking actually, so if in this she delivers, there’ll still be a moderate probability of her being, at least, nominated. Everyone knows she’s overdue of something, and her miniseries project just makes it far clearer that she deserves something.

The biggest concern is the quality of the film, which I’m really curious too. I hope the early reviews will tell about it.

Profile picture
    AegonsnowVI
    Topics:

The difference is Cannes film festival chief Thiery Fremeaux said he saw Blonde and that it was beautiful so I wouldn’t easily dismiss it.

Profile picture
    Jajajajjaja
    Topics:

Someone in this forum (at earlier part, forgot which one) said that some people already see the screening and the reaction for the movie was kinda meh, but Chastain is great. Idk if we can make a verdict from that

Profile picture
    Igor Alves
    Topics:

Yup, Blonde could be so great. Tammy faye looks like typical Sept. Oscar bait that goes nowhere and Respect just looks awful, hudson singing karaoke Aretha franklin hits with cringe dialogue and acting. Blonde seems so interesting based off the director alone. Ana de armas and julianne nicholson will probably act circles around hudson and mary j blige.

Agreed about Tammy Faye and Blonde, but I still think Hudson can happen. Respect looks the “right” type of generic bait and Aretha is a huuuge icon, Tammy Faye is a nobody compared to her.

Profile picture
    walkinuniverse
    Topics:

Tammy Faye trailer is meh. I couldn’t even finish the trailer 💀.
    Other biopics like Respect and Blonde will easily overshadow it later.

Profile picture
    walkinuniverse
    Topics:

Yeah true, I will say Respect looks way more enjoyable than USvsBH so hudson will most likely get in. Looks like the female-led version of BoRhap so huge crowd-pleaser and money-maker.

On one hand, Ana De Armas will be the Vanessa Kirby whereas Julianne Nicholson will be the Ellen Burstyn of the year.

Profile picture
    diego
    Topics:

Jhud is probably getting in, even if she’s not great. Respect will be one of those boring Oscar-bait biopics that always happen even if they are not deserving.

Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

Other biopics like Respect and Blonde will easily overshadow it later.

Blonde is not a biopic.

Profile picture
    lhdang2000
    Topics:

Regarding “A Most Violent Year,” did A24 even know how to campaign in 2014? I love the movie, and both Oscar Isaac and Jessica Chastain should have won, but I never thought of it as a contender?

Hopefully their performances together in the remake of “Scenes from a Marriage” will avenge themselves and get them each a nom this year.

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Scenes from a Marriage wont be Oscar eligible, it’s a miniseries from HBO.

Profile picture
    AegonsnowVI
    Topics:

Dune has apparently been selected to not just debut but open the Venice Film festival. Some other notable films which were selected to open Venice – Birdman, Gravity, La la land, First man, Black swan, Atonement etc

https://twitter.com/akstanwyck/status/1402687499361730563?s=19

Profile picture
    lhdang2000
    Topics:

Scenes from a Marriage wont be Oscar eligible, it’s a miniseries from HBO.

I know, but I guess I should have said more clearly that it will generate some buzz for them going into the race like Zendaya.

With “Respect,” I don’t see them giving it to her even if she gives an undeniable performance. If they haven’t given a Lead Actress trophy to a long-time Black actress like Viola Davis, they will not give it to a singer like Hudson. The fact they both have won Supporting too is pretty telling.

Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 556 total)

The topic ‘Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 12)’ is closed to new replies.