Home Forums Movies Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 12)

Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 12)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 534 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +5 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Elsa Korr
schmids
  • Profile picture
    Lucas
    Topics:
    Münster
    Topics:

Huh? Is Chris Evans even in that film?

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

So Alicia Vikander is bigger than many actresses who won just because it was the first and only nomination?

That wasn’t my point. I was only trying to point out that they wouldn’t fail to give Hudson the win just because Davis hasn’t won. I don’t like people making it look like Viola Davis is the only black actress in Hollywood who should win an Oscar. She’s much superior to Hudson, but that doesn’t guarantee anything when they couldn’t even give it to her this year. I don’t think Hudson is winning again…..especially for singing. But it won’t be because Davis hasn’t won, but because Hudson isn’t deserving

Laga Gaga's BIGGEST FAN

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

According to IMD’s release section for House of Gucci, it’ll be premiering at Venice, Telluride, TIFF, and the London Film Festival. Is IMDB usually accurate with this? Or do the studios and festivals make the news known first? Source: https://m.imdb.com/title/tt11214590/releaseinfo?ref_=tt_dt_rdat

Profile picture
    schmids
    Topics:

According to IMD’s release section for House of Gucci, it’ll be premiering at Venice, Telluride, TIFF, and the London Film Festival. Is IMDB usually accurate with this? Or do the studios and festivals make the news known first? Source: https://m.imdb.com/title/tt11214590/releaseinfo?ref_=tt_dt_rdat

Someone probably just added that after that Tweet last week. It’s not impossible – Marriage Story went to four fall festivals – but I can’t see it for Gucci.

Profile picture
    mansos
    Topics:

Why would that make Blanchett the lead? He’s still adapting a book where Blanchett only is in the last half or so from what I’ve heard, and even then I don’t think she’s in every scene of it.

This. I think people puts Blanchett in lead because they want to give Collette (the smallest of the three female roles) a chance. But I haven’t seen any evidence of Blanchett’s role being “beefed up”. This is Cooper’s film, and if any of the women would go lead (which I highly doubt) it would make more sense for it to be Mara.

Profile picture
    schmids
    Topics:

Huh? Is Chris Evans even in that film?

Yes, but apparently the story is fake.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Eh… Tammy Faye could easily pull what The US Vs. Billie Holiday did.

Billie Holiday was in a weak field. The Eyes of Tammy Faye is competing in one of the most competitive in recent times.

Oscars FYC:
    "Shiva Baby" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "Together" – in all categories especially Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "CODA" – in all categories especially Supporting Actor (Troy Kotsur)
    "Everybody's Talking About Jamie" – Supporting Actor (Richard E. Grant), Supporting Actress (Sarah Lancashire)
    "I'm Your Man" – International Feature
    "Summer of Soul" – Documentary Feature

Profile picture
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

Billie Holiday was in a weak field. The Eyes of Tammy Faye is competing in one of the most competitive in recent times.

Helped by the fact that Malcom and Marie, Ammonite and Hilbilly Elegy were all stinks

FYC-Nightmare Alley in All Categories (Best Picture, Guillermo Del Toro for Best Director, Bradley Cooper for Best Actor, Cate Blanchett for Best Actress, Rooney Mara for Best Supporting Actress, Richard Jenkins for Best Supporting Actor)

FYC-Last Night in Soho (Edgar Wright for Best Director, Thomasin McKenzie for Best Actress, Anya Taylor Joy for Best Supporting Actress, Edgar Wright and Krysty Wilson Cairns for Best Original Screenplay)

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

Someone probably just added that after that Tweet last week. It’s not impossible – Marriage Story went to four fall festivals – but I can’t see it for Gucci.

So, the info on IMDB isn’t accurate? Because it has detailed dates: 1 September in Venice, 2 September in Telluride, 10 September in Toronto, and 24 September in New York. I thought it was odd when I saw it because festivals usually announce premieres first, and MGM is distributing Respect as well, and it hasn’t gotten detailed dates.

Profile picture
    schmids
    Topics:

So, the info on IMDB isn’t accurate? Because it has detailed dates: 1 September in Venice, 2 September in Telluride, 10 September in Toronto, and 24 September in New York. I thought it was odd when I saw it because festivals usually announce premieres first, and MGM is distributing Respect as well, and it hasn’t gotten detailed dates.

Those are the start dates of all of those festivals. Freely available via Google 🙂 So unless it’s opening all five… someone looked up the festivals and guessed.

And no it isn’t always accurate, some sections of IMDB can be added to by anyone who is a member.

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

Those are the start dates of all of those festivals. Freely available via Google 🙂 So unless it’s opening all five… And no it isn’t always accurate, some sections of IMDB can be added to by anyone who is a member.

Ah, ok. Thanks for clearing that up. I haven’t checked the start dates of those festivals in a while. I saw a tweet from a Driver fan account, and I thought those were the actual dates.

Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

“So Adam McKay’s Don’t Look Up test screened tonight and apparently Jonah Hill and Chris Evans have a sex scene in it” 👀

I thought Evans wasn’t in the film anymore since his name was removed from the IMBD page of the movie, thus I assumed they cut him out in the editing room . But it’s good to know that he’s actually still in the movie

Profile picture
    schmids
    Topics:
    jai_adh
    Topics:

Okay, I’ll be honest I’m starting to change my tune and think Canterbury Glass might die

Canterbury Glass is absolutely not going to die. The DOR accusations have been around for a long time now.

David O Russell + Christian Bale + Margot Robbie + John David Washington + Rami Malek + Robert Deniro + Hildur Guðnadóttir + Emmanuel Lubezki is an INSANE lineup.

Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 534 total)

The topic ‘Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 12)’ is closed to new replies.