Home Forums Movies Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 12)

Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 12)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 534 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
( +5 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Elsa Korr
schmids
  • Profile picture
    diego
    Topics:

Where the hell are y’all getting this DOR shit. I swear to god y’all love to make up narratives and then say “everyone is talking about it.”

So you don’t have access to the internet then?

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Where the hell are y’all getting this DOR shit. I swear to god y’all love to make up narratives and then say “everyone is talking about it.”

Twitter exists you know you can look up his name yourself right.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

Twitter exists you know you can look up his name yourself right.

Maybe he doesnt live in US therefore DOR isnt trending in his twitter feeds

FYC-Nightmare Alley in All Categories (Best Picture, Guillermo Del Toro for Best Director, Bradley Cooper for Best Actor, Cate Blanchett for Best Actress, Rooney Mara for Best Supporting Actress, Richard Jenkins for Best Supporting Actor)

FYC-Last Night in Soho (Edgar Wright for Best Director, Thomasin McKenzie for Best Actress, Anya Taylor Joy for Best Supporting Actress, Edgar Wright and Krysty Wilson Cairns for Best Original Screenplay)

Profile picture
    Calvin
    Topics:

Fingers crossed for After Yang to debut at Cannes.

Still celebrating Supporting Actress - Youn Yuh-jung (Minari)

FYC Emmys: The Underground Railroad

Profile picture
    RIDLEY SCOTT
    Topics:

If its not Dune, it could be No Time to Die, Black Widow, or maybe even Ghostbusters: Afterlife

THE LAST DUEL was 100% finished since February so, in theory, it could be THE LAST DUEL. I remember ROBIN HOOD was in Cannes 2010

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

Maybe he doesnt live in US therefore DOR isnt trending in his twitter feeds

Even if that’s the case Google takes a couple of minutes.

Profile picture
    Donnna
    Topics:

Dors movie likely will not be Oscar worthy and it is going to blow up in the faces of all these a listers who signed up for a possible Oscar.. Hiring Taylor Swift was the nail in his coffin because everyone is talking about the assault allegations now. Those celebs better have their apologies ready. Also Dor doesn’t take kindly to people dropping out of his movies so all these celebs are in for a pr mess.
    In other news, I think Adam McKay/don’t look up will easily make it into best pic. The superior ensemble cast.

Profile picture
    T3B
    Topics:

About Don’t Look Up, I don’t know if I would say that it’ll make best pic ‘easily’.
    But on the acting front I could see Streep in supporting , Leo in lead being possible noms based on their characters in the script. Another interesting one is the Peter Isherwell role, either Chris Evans or Mark Rylance. Reading it I hope it’s played by Chris.

Profile picture
    Donnna
    Topics:

About Don’t Look Up, I don’t know if I would say that it’ll make best pic ‘easily’. But on the acting front I could see Streep in supporting , Leo in lead being possible noms based on their characters in the script. Another interesting one is the Peter Isherwell role, either Chris Evans or Mark Rylance. Reading it I hope it’s played by Chris.

Mckays movie Vice made into bp even without critics approval. On top of that Netflix campaigning and the Jlaw comeback narrative. I see lot of noms. Also Ariana Grande in best original song.

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

Those celebs better have their apologies ready. Also Dor doesn’t take kindly to people dropping out of his movies so all these celebs are in for a pr mess.  

They can’t drop out, the film has already been shot.

Profile picture
    boogiezen
    Topics:

Dors movie likely will not be Oscar worthy and it is going to blow up in the faces of all these a listers who signed up for a possible Oscar.. Hiring Taylor Swift was the nail in his coffin because everyone is talking about the assault allegations now. Those celebs better have their apologies ready. Also Dor doesn’t take kindly to people dropping out of his movies so all these celebs are in for a pr mess. In other news, I think Adam McKay/don’t look up will easily make it into best pic. The superior ensemble cast.

Why only those actors though? What about those people who worked with him behind the scenes? They are actually equally good in their respective jobs and yet they decided to work with him.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Donnna
    Topics:

Why only those actors though? What about those people who worked with him behind the scenes? They are actually equally good in their respective jobs and yet they decided to work with him.

Because it depends on who social media outrages against. They don’t know the BTS workers. The public faces will be the ones facing fire lol. Also, Christian Bale who likely is very aware of all allegations will go scot free because somehow social media pins the accountability on women for working with abusers but not men. It is a very dominant trait. On top of that, Margot and Taylor Swift have built their brand by supporting me too and talking about feminism. They will be the first ones getting hate.

I am laughing tho because hardly any one was talking about it till Swift joined it..they were hyping up Anya Taylor Joy and Margot being in same movie..the Oscar campaign would have gone smoothly had he not bothered trying to get another huge a lister singer.

Profile picture
    schmids
    Topics:

I don’t think it’s quite the same? For the crew (maybe not the big roles like Lubezki, or Jay Cassidy who does all DOR’s projects) they don’t always have the ability to turn down work. None of the actors involved needed to do this project and the same can’t necessarily be said of the crew. Also famous people taking a stand does tend to have more of an impact.

I am disappointed that this is Hildur Guðnadóttir’s follow-up project after Joker (full disclosure I didn’t like that either but her score was great). Someone get her a good film project!

The stunt casting of Taylor Swift has well and truly backfired. No one was talking about this project before that was announced.

Profile picture
    schmids
    Topics:

THE LAST DUEL was 100% finished since February so, in theory, it could be THE LAST DUEL. I remember ROBIN HOOD was in Cannes 2010

An interesting thought that would explain why we’ve not seen any promotional material for it yet, but would that count as a ‘blockbuster’?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 534 total)

The topic ‘Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 12)’ is closed to new replies.