Home Forums Movies Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 12)

Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 12)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 556 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +5 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Jajajajjaja
schmids
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

https://mobile.twitter.com/GiteshPandya/status/1403733685493501954?s=19 In the Heights box office numbers are disappointing. It will open with around 14M when traders were predicting +20M and even around 30M.

RIP my first Gold Derby box office predictions lmao.

On 20th Century’s Wikipedia page for 2021 releases, Canterbury Glass has the date November 12.

Fingers crossed David O. Russell flops!

FYC: All things The Crown, Hacks and I May Destroy You (and Hannah Waddingham and Julianne Nicholson whilst you're at it)!!

Profile picture
    Jajajajjaja
    Topics:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQBPSI3rPKs/?utm_medium=copy_link

Edgar Wright apparently campaigning for Cinematography and Screenplay

Profile picture
    Sir Pierce
    Topics:

What I partially am entailing with the Crazy Rich Asians comparison with In the Heights is that it just feels like it lacks prestige. I can’t remember the last time when a musical like it happened at the Oscars. I am predicting neither but I think Tick, Tick… Boom and <i>Annette </i>might end up being likelier on the basis that they have more prestige (the former essentially is like All That Jazz in tone and the latter will probably have a lot of support from the European bloc of the academy if it ends up being well received).

Agree on Tick, Tick… Boom. If it’s good, I’d bet that Garfield gets a Best Actor nomination as well.

Annette might be a bit too experimental, I feel – like I’m Thinking Of Ending Things or the Harmony Korine movies…

A very annoying young man, who loves cinema. 🙂

Twitter: https://twitter.com/pierce_sir
    Letterboxd: https://letterboxd.com/11higuys/

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Annette might be a bit too experimental, I feel – like I’m Thinking Of Ending Things or the Harmony Korine movies…

Possible. But I anticipate it will have a lot more European appeal. It wouldn’t surprise me if Leos Carax ended up being the sole “foreign director nominee” of the year.

Although I think Asghar Farhadi could easily fit that profile too.

If it’s good, I’d bet that Garfield gets a Best Actor nomination as well.

I have it in my top 10 for Actor and Adapted Screenplay. One should not underestimate Tony winner and Emmy nominee Steven Levinson.

FYC: All things The Crown, Hacks and I May Destroy You (and Hannah Waddingham and Julianne Nicholson whilst you're at it)!!

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Disappointing box office numbers for In the Heights. Removed it from my predictions. I’m predicting one musical to get in Best Picture so let’s see how the rest of the musicals play out.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    AegonsnowVI
    Topics:

Not surprised at the In the heights bad performance.. The marketting for it was sh!t – they never told us anything about the movie, all the promos were just songs. I saw virtually no hype/buzz for it outside film twitter. If they’d want to market a completely new movie which doesn’t have a franchise or star cast behind it, they could’ve atleast come up on Talk shows and tell us what it’s about or released promos which could tell us what the story is.

Also, The only movies I’ve seen normies being excited for this year is all the MCU crap.

Studios need to change their approach for creating buzz

Profile picture
    AegonsnowVI
    Topics:

Is having good box office numbers mandatory for Oscar noms?

Profile picture
    Champs12
    Topics:

Never had In The Heights in my predictions. Never will. Betting in Annette

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

In normal times it would be necessary for your film to be an across the board contender (this is partially why something like Steve Jobs never went anywhere outside of Fassbender and Winslet). I don’t think box office numbers will matter as much as they did in pre-pandemic times this year considering how things are still opening up but talks of something like In the Heights (one of the most hyped tentpoles of the year) under-performing will hurt it along with its early release date IMO.

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

In the Heights opening is disappointing to say the least. The streaming release probably hurt it (I can’t see why studios are still insisting in this day and date crap even after AQP2 success). Let’s see how it performs in the long run, but I’m not much hopeful about it.

I still think West Side Story will be the only musical nominated for BP this year.

Profile picture
    storminthedark
    Topics:

I could see a scenario where both of the bigger musicals this year (ITH and WSS) flop with above the line nominations while smaller ones take their place, or the musicals this year get shut out entirely for the most part. The longevity of ITH remains to be seen but those are disappointing opening numbers given it was pegged as the movie of the summer. I wouldn’t totally rule it out given how hard Warner Brothers will push it and the diversity factor, since so far most of the predicted big contenders are pretty white leaning.

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

The deadline for submitting films for Venice was yesterday. Has it also passed for TIFF, NYFF, Telluride, and London?

Profile picture
    diego
    Topics:

With a release date this early, box office is very important. If people don’t see it then who is going to remember in December when all the big films have just been released.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

With all due respect to In the Heights fans, but this kinda of comment makes me want the movie to flop awards and box office wise.

https://mobile.twitter.com/BrianDuffield/status/1403642869043240961

We’re not even sure if the movie is going to be a contender this season. And they’re saying it would beat one of the biggest awards juggernaut (TV and Cinema) in the past 10 years ? Absolutely not. Nomadland won PGA, Globes, DGA and BAFTA Best Film. There was overwhelming passion for the movie and Frances McDormand winning only confirms this.

What a bunch of clowns these people are.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Also, The only movies I’ve seen normies being excited for this year is all the MCU crap.

Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 556 total)

The topic ‘Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 12)’ is closed to new replies.