Home Forums Movies Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 12)

Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 12)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 533 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
( +5 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Elsa Korr
schmids
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Actress is likely to be stacked this year

Hence why I said I think she is a possibility if the field is less competitive than thought (i.e. Blanchett/McDormand move down to supporting).

I am not predicting her or Seyfried but it wouldn’t surprise me if either did emerge as possible contenders.

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I doubt this. If the film is a Best Picture contender or it looks to get two or three nominations (and Stewart would have to be #3 at least in this scenario too), then it’s not impossible. Otherwise, I highly doubt that this’ll happen.

I feel like Spencer will be either Stewart + Makeup or a sole Makeup nod. I mean Jackie was one of the most acclaimed films of the year and we saw what happened to that film’s picture chances.

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

I have Spencer getting nothing cause I just don’t think that’s gonna be their thing plus I don’t think there’s a lot of makeup on Stewart idk I might be wrong tho

FYC
    Everything Everywhere All at Once for everything, everywhere, all at once

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Unless the film or her performance get raves, I don’t buy Stewart happening.

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

Decided I’d do this since I do it in for a couple Discord servers.

This is a poll where you can rank some films by their likelihood of winning and/or getting nominated. It only let me put 20, so I know I missed some stuff. Let me know if you think I missed something and I’ll put it on next time. I’ll do this every month until the predictions center opens on here.

All answers are anonymous, so I won’t know who you are when you submit your answer.

FYC

Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

Decided I’d do this since I do it in for a couple Discord servers. This is a poll where you can rank some films by their likelihood of winning and/or getting nominated. It only let me put 20, so I know I missed some stuff. Let me know if you think I missed something and I’ll put it on next time. I’ll do this every month until the predictions center opens on here. All answers are anonymous, so I won’t know who you are when you submit your answer.

Seems like you forgot to put Don’t Look Up.

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

Seems like you forgot to put Don’t Look Up.

I did include it…

FYC

Profile picture
    fannie cannie
    Topics:

Here’s some of the reviews of ”In The Heights”

Yes definitely i love this movie it made me tear up a little, only thing that it kinda through me off was that even though that majority of the cast played a Dominican role they are Puerto rican in real life and the only Dominican the girl played a puerto rican role , when in reality Washington heights is a Dominican neighborhood in Majority around 80% thats why its Called officially “Little Dominican Republic “ and puerto ricans really dont have nothing to do with Washington heights there isn’t a big puerto rican population in the Heights its super small and im Puerto rican myself lived my whole life in The Heights and know how it is. Most of the movie in reality was portraying puerto rican culture rather than Dominican culture, they didn’t put bachata, merengue which are Dominican and thats all you hear in Washington heights, so while the movie was good it was kinda misleading with the real culture of the Heights. Also the struggles and all Dominicans in the heights been through it’s something to admire because Washington heights is Still majority a Dominican American neighborhood even though gentrification has been trying to come in but its hard for gentrification because Dominicans are hard workers and majority of the businesses in Washington heights are Dominican around 80% plus every Dominican come from different social economies so it will be very difficult for gentrification to hit the heights hard it has tried but it slow down the gentrification process compared to other neighborhoods in manhattan like harlem and lower east side where gentrification took over harlem, Dominicans have definitely pushed this neighborhood forward with there hard work, shout out to all my Dominicans from a puerto rican brother.

<b>I’ve lived in the heights all my life. Can tell you it was completely misrepresented. Washington Heights, officially known as “little Dominican Republic” is all about Dominicans.Hard core. This movie was a nice movie about Lin Manuel’s puerto rican culture, set in this neighborhood where puerto ricans don’t live. I think he was thinking about a west side story Spanish Harlem. But definitely not Washington heights. From the moment that the icy vendor did not call his product yunyun: I already knew this had Nothing to do with the Dominican experience in the heights. The entire movie played salsa. Not bachata or merengue. Most of the cast is puerto rican and the only one that was Dominican, was portraying a puerto rican girl in the movie lol. The only true representation of Dominicans in this movie, was the strong desire of Dominicans to go back to DR.</b>

In this movie they depict the Heights as a “Hispanic” multicultural share fest. Cubans, Puerto Ricans and even Brazilians abound. Anyone from the Heights knows that this is just not accurate even in the least bit. That’s like putting Indians in Chinatown. There is only one true group that dominates Washington Heights till this day and in their group there is no visible difference or such thing as a white version or black version of them. They are one solid culture where brothers and sisters of the same mom and dad can be black or white. I guess things get lost in translation but I wish Lin Manuel would do better and just stick to the historical facts. The upper westside is NOT Washington Heights, the lower eastside is NOT Washington Heights, and Spanish Harlem is NOT Washington Heights. I get that the different Caribbean groups are similar and it’s all love, but when you make a movie about Miami I guarantee you you’re only going to see one flag. I had to say it, Dominicans deserve better for everything they have done in the Heights.

Others simply stated that it’s just a movie and not documentary, what do you think?

Profile picture
    roger88
    Topics:

Reading the online reaction for “In the Heights” and considering the numbers, yeah, Warner Bros. won’t push this film for Oscar consideration unless there’s a huge drought of studio contenders (and even then unlikely). Beyond the talk of “box office flop” now it has the motto of colorblind and deep racism from Afro-Latinos and black people and even going for reactions for white Latinos in Miami (Cubans and Colombians) or California (Mexicans), you can see they aren’t interested in the film (or even worse calls). The studio did make a huge mistake not studying the diversity and clear differences about the Latino communities in USA (race, social class, even religion and culture).

Well, the fans are hoping to have legs and a good wom to save the film, but cases like “The Greatest Showman” were helped for a broader support to middle America and being released at Christmas season. Don’t be surprised if ITH disappears quickly in few weeks and became another failure for the Latino audience.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

West Side Story will be the only musical in contention, and even that isn’t going to get any above the line nominations (Spielberg included).

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

West Side Story will be the only musical in contention, and even that isn’t going to get any above the line nominations (Spielberg included).

I wouldn’t doubt Debose just yet, but yeah it’s looking like it.

Spielberg, can you stop swinging your big dick around and taking up all the musical love? Sincerely, Oscars predictors everywhere

FYC

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

We have only one lock: Meryl Streep is 100% getting nominated for Don’t Look Up. She’s literally playing a female version of Donald Trump.

Those white rich people from the Academy will have an orgasm watching this.

Profile picture
    ReddWhite
    Topics:

The thing about WSS is, what was the last remake of a movie that originally did really well at the Oscars that also managed to be sucessful? We all saw what happened with Rebecca last year, couldn’t even get a Costume nod. You could say A Star is Born, but none of the previous versions were that awarded (1937 only won Story, 1954 wasn’t even a BP and infamously lost Actress and Song, and 1976 was a critical flop that only won Song). WSS is THE most awarded musical in Oscar history and the comparison between the original and Spielberg’s version will not only be inevitable; if the movie fails even a little bit to live up its predecessor it’ll be buried by “Why was this necessary?” comments. Honestly, I think Annette is the only musical with a shot at above-the-line categories this year.

Impossachievable

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

We have only one lock: Meryl Streep is 100% getting nominated for Don’t Look Up. She’s literally playing a female version of Donald Trump.

I don’t think that script gave her that much to do. Maybe that changed in the final cut of the film (I heard it screened last week), but I don’t even have her in my top 10 until proven otherwise

FYC

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

The thing about WSS is, what was the last remake of a movie that originally did really well at the Oscars that also managed to be sucessful? We all saw what happened with Rebecca last year, couldn’t even get a Costume nod. You could say A Star is Born, but none of the previous versions were that awarded (1937 only won Story, 1954 wasn’t even a BP and infamously lost Actress and Song, and 1976 was a critical flop that only won Song). WSS is THE most awarded musical in Oscar history and the comparison between the original and Spielberg’s version will not only be inevitable; if the movie fails even a little bit to live up its predecessor it’ll be buried by “Why was this necessary?” comments. Honestly, I think Annette is the only musical with a shot at above-the-line categories this year.

Little Women I guess? That got like three nominations and won Screenplay, so that’s not really saving all that much. I mean, I admittedly don’t have that much confidence in it myself, I think it’ll go the way of The Irishman and will probably be Mank at best, but with a locked 10 and ranking scale, you just need 4-5 tech nominations to get into Picture

FYC

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 533 total)

The topic ‘Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 12)’ is closed to new replies.