Home Forums Movies Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 12)

Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 12)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 556 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +5 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Jajajajjaja
schmids
  • Profile picture
    Calvin
    Topics:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQBPSI3rPKs/?utm_medium=copy_link Edgar Wright apparently campaigning for Cinematography and Screenplay

As he should be! Chung Chung-hoon way overdue!

Still celebrating Supporting Actress - Youn Yuh-jung (Minari)

FYC Emmys: The Underground Railroad

Profile picture
    RIDLEY SCOTT
    Topics:

As he should be! Chung Chung-hoon way overdue!

He deserves an Oscar nomination. Similar to Dariusz Wolski this year: Highly respected Cinematographers

Profile picture
    Champs12
    Topics:

Does anyone have a massive list of all the contenders for this year ? Or potential contenders as of now. Updated. In The sense that some movies have been delayed or given a 2022 date

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

With all seriousness, I do have a weird feeling that one of Vanessa Kirby and Amanda Seyfried might get an after-glow nomination. I won’t predict it right now but I’m keeping an eye out on both. Especially if Cate Blanchett and Frances McDormand go supporting.

FYC: All things The Crown, Hacks and I May Destroy You (and Hannah Waddingham and Julianne Nicholson whilst you're at it)!!

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

The In the Heights numbers are disappointing. Yeah, it had the HBO Max same-day release bullshit that Warner’s doing. Yeah, it’s not a franchise. But this movie had so many ad buys and placements. Magazine ads, Facebook ads, someone got a plane to fly a banner that had some shit like “go see In the Heights”, etc. Hell, I saw on Instagram that they got fucking Roblox to do an In the Heights server (lmao). Even with the high critics’ and audience ratings, I’m starting to have serious doubts about its chances. That makes me sad cause I really enjoyed the movie, but I can’t keep making excuses. I’ll keep it off my top 10 till I have to take it off cause it’s not totally impossible, but it’s much more vulnerable than I originally thought. Dune could be Warner’s primary campaign, as it has a lot of hype beyond the film community, and it’s also vulnerable to some kind of Get Out/Promising Young Woman/Whiplash type contender in the sense that some movie with a lot of hype that people have already seen and rated highly that breaks into the Oscar race. We’ll have to see.

Oscar winners Emerald Fennell Daniel Kaluuya and Youn Yuh-jung

#StopAsianHate

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The In the Heights numbers are disappointing. Yeah, it had the HBO Max same-day release bullshit that Warner’s doing. Yeah, it’s not a franchise. But this movie had so many ad buys and placements. Magazine ads, Facebook ads, someone got a plane to fly a banner that had some shit like “go see In the Heights”, etc. Hell, I saw on Instagram that they got fucking Roblox to do an In the Heights server (lmao). Even with the high critics’ and audience ratings, I’m starting to have serious doubts about its chances. That makes me sad cause I really enjoyed the movie, but I can’t keep making excuses. I’ll keep it off my top 10 till I have to take it off cause it’s not totally impossible, but it’s much more vulnerable than I originally thought. Dune could be Warner’s primary campaign, as it has a lot of hype beyond the film community, and it’s also vulnerable to some kind of Get Out/Promising Young Woman/Whiplash type contender in the sense that some movie with a lot of hype that people have already seen and rated highly that breaks into the Oscar race. We’ll have to see.

I LOVE your profile picture!

FYC: All things The Crown, Hacks and I May Destroy You (and Hannah Waddingham and Julianne Nicholson whilst you're at it)!!

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

In the Heights performed worse than the most pessimistic expectations from one week ago. With a poor multiplier this weekend ($11.4M from a $5M Friday), I’m not sure it’ll have good legs either. I really don’t think it’ll be an Oscar contender.

Profile picture
    Ryusei
    Topics:

It’s very interesting how crazy Lady Gaga and Adam Driver stans are. Especially on Twitter. Ridley Scott worked with huge stars before(Leo, Matt Damon, Harrison Ford, Denzel) but I suppose the stans of those stars are old and mature. The stans of Lady Gaga and Adam Driver are totally insane and I suppose very young

As someone very familiar with the gaga stan base (been a fan since the very beginning) it’s not necessarily that her stans are young(I’d say most are probably in their mid-teens to mid-twenties), they just stan everything blindly (which is what most stans do, which is why I’m irked by the overuse of this word on Goldderby) and most don’t have any base for comparison. They know Gaga won a Globe for AHS and was nominated for BA for ASIB, do they know about her competition? Most likely not. The more awards and acclaim someone has the more shameless the stans get because they can win in “stan wars” or arguments on Twitter because their fave is more successful and relevant than the other person. + she’s a huge female popstar then you get a special kind of crazy stan.

As for the other stars you named, there might be some passionate fans with fan accounts and stuff but i dont think they really have “stans”. I’m not familiar with a lot of actor fandoms so I can’t really talk about Adam Driver here.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

In the Heights performed worse than the most pessimistic expectations from one week ago. With a poor multiplier this weekend ($11.4M from a $5M Friday), I’m not sure it’ll have good legs either. I really don’t think it’ll be an Oscar contender.

Throwback to when it was supposedly locked to win Best Song lol.

Profile picture
    lolo's
    Topics:

With all seriousness, I do have a weird feeling that one of Vanessa Kirby and Amanda Seyfried might get an after-glow nomination. I won’t predict it right now but I’m keeping an eye out on both. Especially if Cate Blanchett and Frances McDormand go supporting.

For the Adam Leon or is there anything else?

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

Throwback to when it was supposedly locked to win Best Song lol.

Speak for y’allselves I never thought that

#StopAsianHate

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Speak for y’allselves I never thought that

I think it has been and still is No Time to Die‘s to lose.

Whilst I’m not predicting such a thing, it wouldn’t surprise me if “So May We Start” from Annette ends up being its main challenger.

For the Adam Leon or is there anything else?

Italian Studies

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

I think it has been and still is No Time to Die‘s to lose.

It’ll be like what two years old by that point? I was never convinced of NTTD either

#StopAsianHate

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

t’ll be like what two years old by that point?

The film will have more recency though.

Profile picture
    lolo's
    Topics:

Italian Studies

I would say the comments coming out of Tribeca don’t sound very promising for it…

Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 556 total)

The topic ‘Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 12)’ is closed to new replies.