Home Forums Movies Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 12)

Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 12)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 9 posts - 526 through 534 (of 534 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
( +5 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Elsa Korr
schmids
  • Profile picture
    HaimOnRye
    Topics:

With the box office numbers we’ve had until now, I think those who postponed to full theatrical release in 2022 made the right choice

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

Keep underestimating Streep at your own risk. Don’t Look Up looks like a BP contender and that’s going to cement Streep’s place in the supporting actress line up. After she was snubbed everywhere for The Prom, they’re going to make it up for her

Laga Gaga's BIGGEST FAN

Profile picture
    storminthedark
    Topics:

Keep underestimating Streep at your own risk. Don’t Look Up looks like a BP contender and that’s going to cement Streep’s place in the supporting actress line up. After she was snubbed everywhere for The Prom, they’re going to make it up for her

I don’t see this being her comeback role to the Oscars, and I don’t think many people consider her not being nominated for The Prom a snub. The film got mixed reviews and it didn’t gain much traction despite campaigning. The script for DLU seems to have been reworked since the initial leak, but it’s not an Oscar-y role to me, it’s a gender-bent parody of an offensive leader that doesn’t have that many meaty scenes to show off.

Profile picture
    AniAbbina
    Topics:

I personally loved In The Heights. I thought it was brilliant as a half Puerto Rican-half Indian guy. But at this point it dropped out of my 10, but I still have Olga Merediz at 2, after Dowd

Profile picture
    Anirudh Arun
    Topics:

She truly is a remarkable talent. When she comes for her second consecutive nomination lol… 

I’m really getting some early Vanessa Redgrave vibes from her. Like Redgrave’s performance in Isadora, really bold and audacious, just like Kirby’s turn in Pieces of a Woman. A really magnetic presence that you just can’t take eyes off her.

Profile picture
    Jeremy Bustin
    Topics:

I wonder how many people who are saying In the Heights is absolutely not getting nominated have actually seen it. The last musical to be so highly rated with critics was Chicago. That film did not have a ton of box office success until like the third weekend of wide release and it had several weeks of limited release. Let’s not forget Lin Manuel Miranda also seems to be very liked by the community. It’s so early and there are four other great musical films coming out (Dear Evan Hansen and WSS being my more likely noms, Tick Tick Boom and Everybody’s Talking About Jamie could be more limited contenders). We have a long year ahead. I’m not counting it out yet because I thought the film was brilliant in just about every way. But I’m eager to see the other musicals and the rest of the films this year.

Profile picture
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

BEST MAKEUP & HAIRSTYLING Old 

Is this a joke??

FYC-Nightmare Alley in All Categories (Best Picture, Guillermo Del Toro for Best Director, Bradley Cooper for Best Actor, Cate Blanchett for Best Actress, Rooney Mara for Best Supporting Actress, Richard Jenkins for Best Supporting Actor)

FYC-Last Night in Soho (Edgar Wright for Best Director, Thomasin McKenzie for Best Actress, Anya Taylor Joy for Best Supporting Actress, Edgar Wright and Krysty Wilson Cairns for Best Original Screenplay)

Profile picture
    Harmen Moes
    Topics:

Is this a joke??

The Suicide Squad has more chance!!

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

BEST PICTURE   CODA

CODA will not be nominated for anything except MAYBE Marlee Matlin. It’s unfortunate, I really liked the movie, but this isn’t exactly their thing.

BEST DIRECTOR   Paul Thomas Anderson – Soggy Bottom John M. Chu – In The Heights Adam McKay – Don’t Look Up Ridley Scott – House Of Gucci Chloe Zhao – Eternals

John M. Chu, Adam McKay, and Chloe Zhao but no Guillermo Del Toro? Or even Denis Villeneuve? Bruh…

BEST MAKEUP & HAIRSTYLING   Blonde Dune The French Dispatch House Of Gucci Old

What makeup is there in Old that makes you think it could get in? Or is it just because of the premise of the film?

FYC
    Best Picture: The Worst Person in the World
    Best Director: Jane Campion
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Best Actress: Renate Reinsve
    Best Supporting Actor: Benedict Wong
    Best Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst
    Best Adapted Screenplay: The Power of the Dog
    Best Original Screenplay: The Worst Person in the World

Viewing 9 posts - 526 through 534 (of 534 total)

The topic ‘Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 12)’ is closed to new replies.