Home Forums Movies Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 12)

Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 12)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 534 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
( +5 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Elsa Korr
schmids
  • Profile picture
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

I cant help but to think that somehow if A-lister popstar worked for a Controversial director its going to ended up in backlash.

3 years ago it was Selena Gomez and now Taylor Swift. and Teen Vogue hyping up two Taylors working on the same movie pretend to not knowing who directs it is killing me lmaooo

FYC-Nightmare Alley in All Categories (Best Picture, Guillermo Del Toro for Best Director, Bradley Cooper for Best Actor, Cate Blanchett for Best Actress, Rooney Mara for Best Supporting Actress, Richard Jenkins for Best Supporting Actor)

FYC-Last Night in Soho (Edgar Wright for Best Director, Thomasin McKenzie for Best Actress, Anya Taylor Joy for Best Supporting Actress, Edgar Wright and Krysty Wilson Cairns for Best Original Screenplay)

Profile picture
    Donnna
    Topics:

They can’t drop out, the film has already been shot.

He is the producer too.The film might not even see the light of day now. I was confused whole of last year why twitter wasn’t outraging against their favourite white lady Margot Robbie for working with Dor when they tore Scarlett Johansson to shreds regularly for her support to woody allen. Had these ppl outraged in  2020 when the casting news initially made rounds, everyone would have dropped out of it, instead more a listers kept joining.

Profile picture
    Donnna
    Topics:

I cant help but to think that somehow if A-lister popstar worked for a Controversial director its going to ended up in backlash. 3 years ago it was Selena Gomez and now Taylor Swift. and Teen Vogue hyping up two Taylors working on the same movie pretend to not knowing who directs it is killing me lmaooo

Exactly..till Selena Gomez joined it. Allen was directing with a listers. They cast these pop stars thinking it will grab eyeballs and it backfires .

Profile picture
    T3B
    Topics:

Based on the realities of life, this DOR issue may not be as easy as some make it out to be.

People that need the necessities of living will still be lured to be in business with those accused/proven to be bad individuals.

And their punishment would undoubtedly fall onto those that might not directly deserve it.

If all those people actors, crew, studios etc are ‘told’ not to work with him, then why not the store where he buys his food. Surely it too must not take his money. The school too, where he sends his/her children, must not take his money.

I do believe there should be a line somewhere, I guess the problem is where.

Profile picture
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

He is the producer too.The film might not even see the light of day now. I was confused whole of last year why twitter wasn’t outraging against their favourite white lady Margot Robbie for working with Dor when they tore Scarlett Johansson to shreds regularly for her support to woody allen. Had these ppl outraged in 2020 when the casting news initially made rounds, everyone would have dropped out of it, instead more a listers kept joining.

At least Scar Jo doesnt give a fuck on Politics and the whole woke culture thing. She even said that celebs shouldnt be preaching about politics and so on…

It makes Robbie looks a lot worse though

FYC-Nightmare Alley in All Categories (Best Picture, Guillermo Del Toro for Best Director, Bradley Cooper for Best Actor, Cate Blanchett for Best Actress, Rooney Mara for Best Supporting Actress, Richard Jenkins for Best Supporting Actor)

FYC-Last Night in Soho (Edgar Wright for Best Director, Thomasin McKenzie for Best Actress, Anya Taylor Joy for Best Supporting Actress, Edgar Wright and Krysty Wilson Cairns for Best Original Screenplay)

Profile picture
    schmids
    Topics:

At least Scar Jo doesnt give a fuck on Politics and the whole woke culture thing. She even said that celebs shouldnt be preaching about politics and so on… It makes Robbie looks a lot worse though

I’ve definitely seen a few Robbie fans upset by her involvement with this. But I guess there’s a long way to go yet – we’ll see if this has momentum/comes back up when the trailer comes out.

Profile picture
    Donnna
    Topics:

I’ve definitely seen a few Robbie fans upset by her involvement with this. But I guess there’s a long way to go yet – we’ll see if this has momentum/comes back up when the trailer comes out.

It will. I have seen many reviewers and journalist talk about this in past 2 days…it will not go away. One statement from Robbie or Swift about how amazing working with Dor was, all hell will break lose.

Also Robbie repeatedly works with problematic directors for hope of an Oscar. She just doesn’t put her foot in mouth during interviews so escapes backlash unlike Scarjo.

Yeah I don’t see the movie having any chance at Oscars now.

Profile picture
    schmids
    Topics:

I know a few people have been talking about Blue Bayou in these threads – it has just been announced in Cannes Un Certain Regard.

Profile picture
    HaimOnRye
    Topics:

I know a few people have been talking about Blue Bayou in these threads – it has just been announced in Cannes Un Certain Regard.

I’m listening to the live stream too! So excited for this one.

Profile picture
    schmids
    Topics:

I’m listening to the live stream too! So excited for this one.

No planetary blockbuster announced? Unless Fremaux has a completely different idea of what that is than I do. Is it coming later?

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

Will they announce what the blockbuster is?

Profile picture
    lolo's
    Topics:

Not today, but I think he said it’s going to be a screening at Cinéma de la Plage, and not Dune, Spielberg nor Bond

Profile picture
    schmids
    Topics:

Not today, but I think he said it’s going to be a screening at Cinéma de la Plage, and not Dune, Spielberg nor Bond

So is it in or out of competition? I had to turn off the stream.

Profile picture
    CuriousHedgehog
    Topics:

So is it in or out of competition? I had to turn off the stream.

They’ve said previously its out of competition.

Profile picture
    schmids
    Topics:

They’ve said previously its out of competition.

Thanks!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 534 total)

The topic ‘Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 12)’ is closed to new replies.