Home Forums Movies Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 12)

Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 12)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 533 total)
Created
12 months ago
Last Reply
11 months ago
( +5 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Elsa Korr
schmids
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

You know how every year there is a sole Screenplay nominee?

I am predicting this to be CODA.

Mothering Sunday is one I have considered (largely due to the rising industry profile of Alice Birch and the potential goodwill she has from adapting Normal People) but the distributor concerns me. Then again we saw what happened with The Father lol.

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

Profile picture
    Donnna
    Topics:

I think it is fairly safe to assume Gaga will record an end credit song for House of Gucci. I have no idea why she would have her best song vehicle be attached to Top Gun Maverick when she is the lead of another film that will likely score nominations across the board, and song would bolster their total nominations. Plus I think a Gaga original in a best picture/director/actor/actress contender has a better chance of beating Billie than an original song for a movie with likely no other nominations. Ariana Grande recording for her film also seems likely, albeit slightly less than Gaga.

Grande has an original song confirmed. Who will compose it is a question.. because they have a limit of 4 nominees per song and lot of Ari songs have more than 4 composers.

Profile picture
    schmids
    Topics:
    bellajoe
    Topics:

She may want this to be a pure acting vehicle. Plus a Song for ASIB made total sense but it makes less sense for this one. What would it even be about?

I mean, Husavik was the only song nominated this year to actually impact the movie. Fight for You, Speak Now, and Hear My Voice were all vaguely about rising up and injustice, and I have not seen the translation of Io Si so I do not know if it was pertinent to the themes of The Life Ahead.

Gaga can write a song hinting at the themes of Gucci– rage, misunderstanding, anything else. It would not be out of place. By that logic, what would her Top Gun song be about?

However, I do agree that the Academy awarding her best song for ASIB did diminish the passion to award her in Actress “Well, she is winning an oscar either way. may as well vote for Olivia or Glenn.” She may be trying to avoid a repeat.

FYC Oscars 2022:
    Picture: Passing
    Actress: Ruth Negga, Tessa Thompson

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

A heartbreaking song for House of Gucci would make sense. It could be about self destruction and a loss of trust in others. But I’m more concerned with her getting an acting nomination/win. We can do it.

Anticipate "Hold My hand".

Lady Gaga is a genius

Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

I think Adam Driver can easily win Best Actor at Cannes.

Profile picture
    schmids
    Topics:

Oh easily. It’s between him and Amir Jadidi. But if the film is as good as Edgar Wright says it is, it could take the Palme/GP/Jury instead. Or they could choose to award Carax.

Profile picture
    Arman Saxena
    Topics:

Especially with a big fan of his Spike Lee heading the jury

Profile picture
    paul_kolas
    Topics:

The Cannes lineup is a major disappointment…

https://www.festival-cannes.com/en/infos-communiques/communique/articles/the-films-of-the-official-selection-2021

Yes, there are some heavy hitters in the Competition category, including The French Dispatch and Annette, but I think Venice, Telluride and Toronto will offer far more exciting festivals, including The Power of the Dog, Blonde, Soggy Bottom, The Tragedy of Macbeth, The Last Duel,  Nightmare Alley, Don’t Look Up, Last Night in Soho, West Side Story, House of Gucci, Being The Ricardos, C’mom C’mon, Spenser, Next Goal Wins, Canterbury Glass, Don’t Worry Darling, Dune, The Eternals, The Eyes Of Tammy Faye, A Journal For Jordan and Red, White and Water, among others.

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Thank the lord The Power of the Dog is going to Venice instead of out of competition at Cannes. Those reports were killing me. Jane Campion deserves far better than out-of-competition.

Justice for Passing, Tessa Thompson & Ruth Negga.

The Power of the Dog / Jane Campion / Benedict Cumberbatch / Kristen Stewart / Kirsten Dunst / Troy Kotsur

Profile picture
    walkinuniverse
    Topics:

https://www.festival-cannes.com/en/infos-communiques/communique/articles/the-films-of-the-official-selection-2021

Yes, there are some heavy hitters in the Competition category, including The French Dispatch and Annette, but I think Venice, Telluride and Toronto will offer far more exciting festivals, including The Power of the Dog, Blonde, Soggy Bottom, The Tragedy of Macbeth, The Last Duel, Nightmare Alley, Don’t Look Up, Last Night in Soho, West Side Story, House of Gucci, Being The Ricardos, C’mom C’mon, Spenser, Next Goal Wins, Canterbury Glass, Don’t Worry Darling, Dune, The Eternals, The Eyes Of Tammy Faye, A Journal For Jordan and Red, White and Water, among others.

I think the closing film for Cannes is yet to be announced. I’m guessing it might be the “planetary blockbuster” they’re hinting for the past few weeks.

But I do agree that the lineup for Venice, Toronto and Telluride will be more exciting.

Profile picture
    lolo's
    Topics:

Yes, there are some heavy hitters in the Competition category, including The French Dispatch and Annette, but I think Venice, Telluride and Toronto will offer far more exciting festivals, including The Power of the Dog, Blonde, Soggy Bottom, The Tragedy of Macbeth, The Last Duel, Nightmare Alley, Don’t Look Up, Last Night in Soho, West Side Story, House of Gucci, Being The Ricardos, C’mom C’mon, Spenser, Next Goal Wins, Canterbury Glass, Don’t Worry Darling, Dune, The Eternals, The Eyes Of Tammy Faye, A Journal For Jordan and Red, White and Water, among others.

I guess exciting for you means films in the English language…

I am more excited about Memoria, the Audiard, the Farhadi or Enyedi than about 95% of those films

Profile picture
    Vicki Leekx
    Topics:

The Cannes lineup is a major disappointment… https://www.festival-cannes.com/en/infos-communiques/communique/articles/the-films-of-the-official-selection-2021 Yes, there are some heavy hitters in the Competition category, including The French Dispatch and Annette, but I think Venice, Telluride and Toronto will offer far more exciting festivals, including The Power of the Dog, Blonde, Soggy Bottom, The Tragedy of Macbeth, The Last Duel, Nightmare Alley, Don’t Look Up, Last Night in Soho, West Side Story, House of Gucci, Being The Ricardos, C’mom C’mon, Spenser, Next Goal Wins, Canterbury Glass, Don’t Worry Darling, Dune, The Eternals, The Eyes Of Tammy Faye, A Journal For Jordan and Red, White and Water, among others.

Na, I prefer the Cannes lineup that isn’t filled with Oscar bait…

FYC:

Swinton, Weerasethakul Memoria, (Best Actress, Director)
    Efira, Rampling, Wilson Benedetta (Best Actress, Supporting Actress/Actor)
    Rapace Lamb (Best Actress)
    Stewart, Hawkins, Spall Spencer (Best Actress, Supporting Actress/Actor)

Profile picture
    fannie cannie
    Topics:

Have you guys seen any backlash against the actors/singers in Gully ? The movie looks great but there’s Amber Heard in it.
    https://youtu.be/3kmEI_IKWc8

Profile picture
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

Thank the lord The Power of the Dog is going to Venice instead of out of competition at Cannes. Those reports were killing me. Jane Campion deserves far better than out-of-competition.

Is it confirmed??

FYC:
    Best Director: Edgar Wright, Guillermo Del Toro, Jane Campion
    Best Picture: Nightmare Alley, The Power of the Dog
    Best Actress: Kristen Stewart, Thomasin McKenzie, Rooney Mara, Tessa Thompson
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Bradley Cooper
    Best S. Actress: Cate Blanchett, Diana Rigg, Anya Taylor Joy
    Best S. Actor: Kodi Smit McPhee, Willem Dafoe, Richard Jenkins

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 533 total)

The topic ‘Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 12)’ is closed to new replies.