Home Forums Movies Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 13)

Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 13)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 483 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
George Ehret
Jajajajjaja
loudtoilet
  • Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

Gonna be honest, I have NO idea what this means 😂😂. Someone help me lol

It’s kinda like saying “bruh” or “that post gave me cancer”

Oscar winners Emerald Fennell Daniel Kaluuya and Youn Yuh-jung

#StopAsianHate

Profile picture
    mitchellfleming21
    Topics:

It’s kinda like saying “bruh” or “that post gave me cancer”

Right, fair enough 😂

Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

I’m predicting Frances McDormand to never lose an acting Oscar from now on just like the last three wins for Katharine Hepburn, so she’ll probably win both for Macbeth and Women Talking.

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

Rooney Mara and Claire have joined Frances McDormand in MGM and Plan B’s Woman Talking: https://deadline.com/2021/06/mgms-orion-pictures-plan-b-sarah-polleys-women-talking-rooney-mara-claire-foy-jessie-buckley-ben-wishaw-among-frances-mcdormand-in-the-adaptation-1234775874/

Quote: Based on the best-selling novel by Miriam Toews, Women Talking follows a group of women in an isolated religious colony as they struggle to reconcile their faith with a series of sexual assaults committed by the colony’s men. Published in 2018, the novel was named a Best Book of the Year By The New York Times Book Review, NPR.Org, The Washington Post, The New York Times, Slate, Publishers Weekly and Time, among many others.

I’M HYPED

Profile picture
    Rachel615
    Topics:

She did tho

My bad. Of course she did.  I don’t think Chastain has any real chance at winning, but I take back my comment. You are correct, so I’ve deleted my comment.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Rooney Mara and Claire have joined Frances McDormand in MGM and Plan B’s Woman Talking: https://deadline.com/2021/06/mgms-orion-pictures-plan-b-sarah-polleys-women-talking-rooney-mara-claire-foy-jessie-buckley-ben-wishaw-among-frances-mcdormand-in-the-adaptation-1234775874/ Quote: Based on the best-selling novel by Miriam Toews, Women Talking follows a group of women in an isolated religious colony as they struggle to reconcile their faith with a series of sexual assaults committed by the colony’s men. Published in 2018, the novel was named a Best Book of the Year By The New York Times Book Review, NPR.Org, The Washington Post, The New York Times, Slate, Publishers Weekly and Time, among many others.

ROONEY MARA, BEN WHISHAW, FRANCES MCDORMAND, JESSIE BUCKLEY AND CLAIRE F***ING FOY??????????????

Who is casting this film and how do they know who I stan lmao!

FYC: All things The Crown, Hacks and I May Destroy You (and Hannah Waddingham and Julianne Nicholson whilst you're at it)!!

Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

McDormand is so going to win her 4th acting Oscar sometimes soon for something isn’t she? And likely her second producing if her insinct is just as good in the future.

Nah she’s done winning.
    The backlash against her is real.

Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

Ridley Scott has started doing storyboards for Kitbag, according to a THR interview. If The Last Duel is 100% finished (he said he would deliver a final cut this past February in a January interview with The Guardian), wonder when promo will start and when we’ll get first look photos. Strange he wasn’t asked about where he’s at with the film. We know House of Gucci is still in post. Quote: RIDLEY SCOTT I’ll show you. I’m working on [a film about Napoleon Bonaparte]. It’s starting with a snowball fight in Corsica. I want Napoleon as a young boy to put a stone inside a snowball because he’s losing the fight to the other boys in his military school. He fights dirty. So I draw that out. It fits the location I’ve already found in Malta, a fantastic Napoleonic courtyard. But it all starts with a great script [by David Scarpa]. The script is inspiring. I read it, and I started drawing, which means I’m filming already. Source: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/ridley-scott-raised-by-wolves-1234965758/

Does anyone else think thay despite some hype of the moment, all Scott next three films (Last Duel, Gucci, and Kitbag) will end up being incredibly meh??

Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

Does anyone else think thay despite some hype of the moment, all Scott next three films (Last Duel, Gucci, and Kitbag) will end up being incredibly meh??

That’s a possibility. Though I thought that The Martian was super meh and wasted a bunch of big names in exposition roles (no one outside of Damon had anything to do and even he wasn’t on screen as much as I thought) but it ended up with Picture/Actor/Adapted noms so what do I know?

Profile picture
    Harmen Moes
    Topics:

Because Joker would be post-poned, since it was THE superhero movie AMPAS took seriously?

Joker would have made it. I mean December the pandemic was announced. And The Snap is a lot like the coronavirus.

Profile picture
    lolo's
    Topics:

I like him a lot, but this is not difficult to imagine since most of his films in the last 20 years have been incredibly meh

That isn’t necessarily bad in terms of awards prospects though

Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

Joker would have made it. I mean December the pandemic was announced. And The Snap is a lot like the coronavirus.

So 2 CBM nominations. who would lose the spot to Endgame?

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Luca has the 7th lowest Pixar score on Metacritic

Could still win like Brave (69 on Metacritic), but is a weak frontrunner like The Incredibles 2.

If Encanto gets a higher score it will probably win. If Encanto flops, then something like The Diary of Anne Frank could win if it gets released this season since the Academy loves the subject.

Profile picture
    Chitanda170
    Topics:

Eternals trailer looked so boring 😴 if that’s the trailer I can’t imagine the borefest this movie is going to be.

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

Sony shouldn’t have sold The Mitchells vs the Machines to Netflix. Had it been planned to debut theatrically this September, it’d probably become the frontrunner. They had no commercial reason to do so now that theaters are back.

I don’t think Luca is winning with this merely fine reception, but this is probably going to be another boring Disney sweep in Animated Feature.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 483 total)

The topic ‘Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 13)’ is closed to new replies.