Home Forums Movies Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 13)

Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 13)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 483 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
George Ehret
Jajajajjaja
loudtoilet
  • Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:
    Harmen Moes
    Topics:

So 2 CBM nominations. who would lose the spot to Endgame?

1917 is too late in premiere. And Star Wars is delayed…

Profile picture
    Harmen Moes
    Topics:

The only reason Brave won is because that category was incredibly weak, and I don’t think anyone would argue with me on that. It would have absolutely no chance against Spiderverse, Rango, Zootopia or Frozen (or even any of the other Animated winners, it’s easily the worst one). I think it’s fair to say that it’s Encanto vs Flee, and even tho it’s smart to go with Disney I have a feeling that the hype for Flee will push it over the top.

I’m really curious who will win best animated film in 2023? Spider-Verse 2 or Lightyear?

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Venice has confirmed it will host the world premiere of Dune on Fri 3 Sept, but it will be out of competition.

Interesting. So Warner Bros. aren’t trying to “play the Joker strategy”.

As long as it isn’t a disaster, I think The Power of the Dog is probably the frontrunner for the Golden Lion.

FYC: All things The Crown, Hacks and I May Destroy You (and Hannah Waddingham and Julianne Nicholson whilst you're at it)!!

Profile picture
    The Oscarguy
    Topics:

Interesting. So Warner Bros. aren’t trying to “play the Joker strategy”. As long as it isn’t a disaster, I think The Power of the Dog is probably the frontrunner for the Golden Lion.

Looks like they are doing “A Star is Born/Gravity strategy” instead.

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

Will the Venice film festival announce the lineup of films soon or in August?

Profile picture
    The Oscarguy
    Topics:

Will the Venice film festival announce the lineup of films soon or in August?

I think late July at the very earliest.

Profile picture
    Jajajajjaja
    Topics:

I think In the Heights will flop at the Oscars not due to Backlash, more due to the fact that it flopped at Box Office. I mean, sometimes you cant take SJW’s backlash seriously since they attacked RDJ Blackface (which was intentional to mock method actors who crossed the line), this backlash belongs to the same vein to that and WSS wont be affected that much.

About sexually abusive director, yeah, that’s another story

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

I mean, sometimes you cant take SJW’s backlash seriously since they attacked RDJ Blackface (which was intentional to mock method actors who crossed the line), this backlash belongs to the same vein to that and WSS wont be affected that much.

This is not remotely true. Criticism of a film not being representative of a community it represents is very different than people not understanding the context of a particular satirical character.

Profile picture
    AegonsnowVI
    Topics:

I think In the Heights will flop at the Oscars not due to Backlash, more due to the fact that it flopped at Box Office. I mean, sometimes you cant take SJW’s backlash seriously since they attacked RDJ Blackface (which was intentional to mock method actors who crossed the line), this backlash belongs to the same vein to that and WSS wont be affected that much. About sexually abusive director, yeah, that’s another story

100% true. I don’t remember a single movie that flopped because of SJW backlash. The normal movie going audience do not care about twitter warriors. The movie simply flopped because it wasn’t interesting enough

Profile picture
    AniAbbina
    Topics:

Since In The Heights is sinking…I feel like West Side Story will get in, even with Elgort. Even if that movie doesn’t get picture, DeBose will get in, the buzz around her is insane. She is a buzzy newcomer playing one of all of music theaters greatest roles and a Oscar winning role. I saw her on Broadway, she actually reminds me of like a really young Glenn Close. She is really talented and in my opinion gave the best performance in The Prom. If she gets in for this, she possibly can leap into superstardom. Also like someone said before, because of the controversy against In The Heights, she might do even better. Rachel Zegler is also very talented

Profile picture
    vinichelsea
    Topics:

The Academy tanking a movie in the Oscars where their vote is secretive due to progressive ideals seems so far-fetched to me who has seen it not happening year after year that I feel if even the Scott Rudin thing is not going to have any impact anymore, let alone colorism that even the majority of progressive voters have no idea what it means.

Profile picture
    vinichelsea
    Topics:

At the end of the day, the decision of backing up a movie or not is not going to be made by the audience or a twitter thread, and yet a couple of executives from a distribution company that have money and power to hammer whatever narrative they want to. And trust me, by December many people here will have “made up their minds” and follow along in order to get their predictions “right”.

Profile picture
    AniAbbina
    Topics:

yeah, I see what you are saying, and agree. But In The Heights even without the colorism claims just underperformed at the box office, and I am getting the feeling that In The Heights will be the Da 5 Bloods this year, with the early release, and Olga Merediz being this year’s Delroy Lindo.

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

I’m really curious who will win best animated film in 2023? Spider-Verse 2 or Lightyear?

Isn’t this a tv series?

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 483 total)

The topic ‘Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 13)’ is closed to new replies.