Home Forums Movies Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 13)

Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 13)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 483 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
George Ehret
Jajajajjaja
loudtoilet
  • Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

This is a great Gospel song. JHud and Carole King probably have a good shot at Best Original Song

Feels a little disjointed and overlong but it almost certainly has a shot. I kind of hate that they’ve done a song for an Aretha movie though.

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

Ridley Scott said in a new interview he finished House of Gucci 10 days early by using 4 to 6 cameras at one time for the film’s scenes. He says this way is better for the actors and saves them from repetition. Source for the full comments: https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamDriverFiles/status/1405734190201544704

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

Two HFPA members quit and will form a competing organization. They called the HFPA “toxic” https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/general-news/hfpa-members-resign-1234970347/

Profile picture
    Crackleking
    Topics:

I’ve seen almost everyone hyping up Will Smith in King Richard, but I’m not seeing where this confidence is coming from. This film is giving me major Just Mercy or Concussion vibes which makes me think it’l be another failed Oscar bait for him that at best gets him a SAG nom.

Profile picture
    francemc
    Topics:

Ridley Scott said in a new interview he finished House of Gucci 10 days early by using 4 to 6 cameras at one time for the film’s scenes. He says this way is better for the actors and saves them from repetition. Source for the full comments:

Remember the 7 days reshoots of The Color of Money with Plummer, amid Spacey controversy, a week later the film was already sent to HFPA. He’s always ahead of schedule.

Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

Remember the 7 days reshoots of The Color of Money with Plummer, amid Spacey controversy, a week later the film was already sent to HFPA. He’s always ahead of schedule.

The Color of Money is Scorsese’s movie with Paul Newman and Tom Cruise.

You are referring to All The Money in The World.

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

King Richard is from the director of Joe Bell or Good Joe Bell or whatever the fuck it’s called. And having seen Good Joe Bell, I’m a little skeptical of Will Smith’s chances as well. But I guess he could be acclaimed enough to where he can carry himself to a nomination even if the movie is Billie Holiday bad or something

Oscar winners Emerald Fennell Daniel Kaluuya and Youn Yuh-jung

#StopAsianHate

Profile picture
    Igor Alves
    Topics:

King Richard is from the director of Joe Bell or Good Joe Bell or whatever the fuck it’s called. And having seen Good Joe Bell, I’m a little skeptical of Will Smith’s chances as well. But I guess he could be acclaimed enough to where he can carry himself to a nomination even if the movie is Billie Holiday bad or something

That Joe Bell movie sounds awful but I remember it played well among the GP at TIFF. I don’t think anybody expects King Richard to be a cinematic achievement but it could be that generic crowdpleaser that people just fall in love with it for some reason like The Blind Side and Green Book (but less “problematic”)

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

Actors I’d like to see nominated:

Lady Gaga

Will Smith

Michael B Jordan

Margot Robbie

Kristen Stewart

A Lady Gaga DEVOTEE

Profile picture
    Cabelo da Shiv
    Topics:

I don’t know how good (or bad) King Richard will turn out to be, but I feel that if Will Smith is able to get a nomination, he will win as well. His whole narrative is really good and he will campaign massively

Profile picture
    francemc
    Topics:

The Color of Money is Scorsese’s movie with Paul Newman and Tom Cruise. You are referring to All The Money in The World.

Money, money

Profile picture
    ˈdī(ə)mənd ˈtir
    Topics:

JHud’s original song for Respect has been released: https://youtu.be/GmB9lc3ZH1k

J. Hud is coming for double nominations.

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

I don’t know how good (or bad) King Richard will turn out to be, but I feel that if Will Smith is able to get a nomination, he will win as well. His whole narrative is really good and he will campaign massively

Narrative? Narrative doesn’t work for black performers. They now need to be in BP contenders to be win competitive. I don’t see King Richard getting a BP nomination

A Lady Gaga DEVOTEE

Profile picture
    RIDLEY SCOTT
    Topics:

Narrative? Narrative doesn’t work for black performers. They now need to be in BP contenders to be win competitive. I don’t see King Richard getting a BP nomination

Agree. The only expection is Denzel who got Oscar nominations for mediocre movies. King Richard sounds very awful. Will Smith has a way better movie for Oscars 2023: EMANCIPATION an Epic about slavery with several action scenes. And a big budget. And APPLE Producing

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

Agree. The only expection is Denzel who got Oscar nominations for mediocre movies. King Richard sounds very awful. Will Smith has a way better movie for Oscars 2023: EMANCIPATION an Epic about slavery with several action scenes. And a big budget. And APPLE Producing

Yes. Denzel is their fave. Will Smith wouldn’t have had award success with a mediocre film like Roman J Israel Esq. L want him to win an Oscar, but it won’t happen with King Richard

A Lady Gaga DEVOTEE

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 483 total)

The topic ‘Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 13)’ is closed to new replies.