Home Forums Movies Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 13)

Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 13)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 483 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
George Ehret
Jajajajjaja
loudtoilet
  • Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

But why is Focus releasing Card Counter in September if they are so confident about it and want to premiere it at the upcoming festivals (Venice, Telluride, etc..)???

Profile picture
    Arman Saxena
    Topics:

The film is probably too low-key (has less emotional impact than previous Pixar winners) and won’t win Best Animated Feature (probably will be nominated though), but the score for Luca is pretty great (it still probably won’t be nominated if BP contenders have great scores as well).

Profile picture
    Jajajajjaja
    Topics:

My point is that Card Counter is like.. their third priority? I dont know, its rumoured festival premiere shown some confidence but the September release date… its weird.

Profile picture
    diego
    Topics:

In the Heights is predicted to have a 60% drop in the box office this weekend. The delusional comments about this possibly performing like The Greatest Showman can finally be put to rest.

I feel like I’m stating the obvious but I’ll say it one more time, this is not touching the Oscars.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

https://mobile.twitter.com/FilmUpdates/status/1406240567051395074

Not for this season, but holy shit I want this. Joaquin, Rooney Mara and Lynne Ramsay.

Profile picture
    ˈdī(ə)mənd ˈtir
    Topics:

Regina King won for a performance in a non-BP-nominated film…though it was likely pretty close

But that was for Supporting. The Lead categories are a different issue for POC.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

https://mobile.twitter.com/FilmUpdates/status/1406240567051395074 Not for this season, but holy shit I want this. Joaquin, Rooney Mara and Lynne Ramsay.

The last time Joaquin teamed up with Ramsay he delivered one of his career best performances. Even if it’s not touching the Oscars (Ramsey’s films never have) I am looking forward to this second collaboration! Ramsay knows how to direct mesmerising performances from actors (although I wasn’t such a big fan of the film itself, Tilda Swinton was so robbed for We Need to Talk About Kevin!)

FYC: All things The Crown, Hacks and I May Destroy You (and Hannah Waddingham and Julianne Nicholson whilst you're at it)!!

Profile picture
    Butz
    Topics:

The last time Joaquin teamed up with Ramsay he delivered one of his career best performances. Even if it’s not touching the Oscars (Ramsey’s films never have) I am looking forward to this second collaboration! Ramsay knows how to direct mesmerising performances from actors (although I wasn’t such a big fan of the film itself, Tilda Swinton was so robbed for We Need to Talk About Kevin!)

Well, Bong Joon-ho’s films have never touched the Oscars before Parasite, so to quote Olivia Colman, “you never know” …

FYC - Oscars 2022:
    NINE DAYS in all categories, including:
    - Best Picture
    - Best Director
    - Best Original Screenplay
    - Best Actor (Winston Duke)
    - Best Supporting Actress (Zazie Beetz)
    - Best Supporting Actor (Benedict Wong)

Letterboxd: Ray_In_Bruges

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

https://mobile.twitter.com/FilmUpdates/status/1406240567051395074 Not for this season, but holy shit I want this. Joaquin, Rooney Mara and Lynne Ramsay.

This sounds fantastic but why would a small Spanish website have this first and why aren’t the trades picking it up?

Profile picture
    The Oscarguy
    Topics:

Sadly, I have to proclaim that In the Heights is completely done. It would need a miracle to not get zero nominations at this point. Warner Bros is not going to mount a big campaign for this unless all of their other players flop.

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

Someone may have said this on here before, but I heard a rumor that Dune MIGHT be playing at TIFF. If so, then it seems that Warner is putting all of its weight behind it as it’s going the same route that Gravity and A Star is Born went after they both premiered out of competition at Venice. I don’t think there’s any reason to doubt Dune right now.

Oscar winners Emerald Fennell Daniel Kaluuya and Youn Yuh-jung

#StopAsianHate

Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

Someone may have said this on here before, but I heard a rumor that Dune MIGHT be playing at TIFF. If so, then it seems that Warner is putting all of its weight behind it as it’s going the same route that Gravity and A Star is Born went after they both premiered out of competition at Venice. I don’t think there’s any reason to doubt Dune right now.

We’ll see the reception, but at the end of the day it’s just a sci-fi movie meant to be the first one of a franchise.

It’s not Arrival.

Profile picture
    The Oscarguy
    Topics:

The track record of Warner Bros getting a movie into that Best Picture lineup in the last decade is solid to say the least. They didn’t have one in 2016 and that’s the only time. So if you don’t have Dune nominted, then you should have King Richard or something.

Profile picture
    Calvin
    Topics:

Still sticking with my NGNG prediction that Blue Bayou is going to end up being Focus Features’ biggest awards player.

Still celebrating Supporting Actress - Youn Yuh-jung (Minari)

FYC Emmys: The Underground Railroad

Profile picture
    Jajajajjaja
    Topics:

With Dont Worry Darling pushed back to next year, I think in 2023 Olivia Wilde will have the same situation as Ridley Scott’s this year

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 483 total)

The topic ‘Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 13)’ is closed to new replies.