Home Forums Movies Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 13)

Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 13)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 483 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
George Ehret
Jajajajjaja
loudtoilet
  • Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

With Dont Worry Darling pushed back to next year, I think in 2023 Olivia Wilde will have the same situation as Ridley Scott’s this year

Is Olivia Wilde having two films come out in 2022? I know she’s doing the tennis biopic with Thomasin Mackenzie (I don’t know who the biopic is about, I know absolutely nothing about tennis so please forgive my ignorance), but will that come out the same year? I haven’t heard much about it since the casting

Oscar winners Emerald Fennell Daniel Kaluuya and Youn Yuh-jung

#StopAsianHate

Profile picture
    Jajajajjaja
    Topics:

Is Olivia Wilde having two films come out in 2022? I know she’s doing the tennis biopic with Thomasin Mackenzie (I don’t know who the biopic is about, I know absolutely nothing about tennis so please forgive my ignorance), but will that come out the same year? I haven’t heard much about it since the casting

Gymnasts biopic to be exact. The one who won the Gold for US at 1996 Olympic. Dont need to apologize at all

Production is expected to start at the beginning of 2022 and currently is in Pre Production (according to IMDB/IMDB Pro) yet since DWD is delayed i wonder whether Wilde require more time to finish the Post Production of DWD so its not ready yet for this year (or they want to avoid competition with other “genre” movie this year, IDK). So its possible that Wilde took a lot of time for post production

Its also possible that Searchlight will release it for 2023 (2024 awards season) since they already have Saoirse Ronan and Emma Stone to campaign for next year (and possibly Anya Taylor Joy as well)

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

Lady Gaga won’t be in Bullet Train: https://mobile.twitter.com/ladygaganownet/status/1405064352844206080 If true, I’m not surprised. The rumor of her casting was published by Collider. None of the trades like Deadline and THR confirmed it. I remember her being listed on the film’s IMDB page as ‘rumored’ but I just checked the page and she’s no longer listed on it.

Profile picture
    Viridiana
    Topics:

This sounds fantastic but why would a small Spanish website have this first and why aren’t the trades picking it up?

Ramsay said it herself in a Q&A. She was honored yesterday at Cinema Jove (Valencia´s Film Festival)

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

Its also possible that Searchlight will release it for 2023 (2024 awards season) since they already have Saoirse Ronan and Emma Stone to campaign for next year (and possibly Anya Taylor Joy as well)

Campaigning Saoirse for what?

#StopAsianHate

Profile picture
    Crackleking
    Topics:

Still sticking with my NGNG prediction that Blue Bayou is going to end up being Focus Features’ biggest awards player.

I think you may be on to something here. Blue Bayou gives me big Minari vibes in the sense that it is an indie film about a Korean-American man trying to make a life for his family in America. Considering that Soho doesn’t seem like an Awards Friendly film and Belfast sounds incredibly dated, this could be Focus’s best bet and potentially quite a strong one.

Profile picture
    Jajajajjaja
    Topics:

Campaigning Saoirse for what?

She has a Murder Mystery Movie set in 1950s London. Also stars Sam Rockwell, David Oyelowo, Adrien Brody and Harris Dickinson. The writer/director, however, is a first timer. Compared to Emma Stone who has Lanthimos and McNamara behind the screen, she is less likely but we’ll see

Profile picture
    loollapalooza1
    Topics:

Gymnasts biopic to be exact. The one who won the Gold for US at 1996 Olympic. Dont need to apologize at all Production is expected to start at the beginning of 2022 and currently is in Pre Production (according to IMDB/IMDB Pro) yet since DWD is delayed i wonder whether Wilde require more time to finish the Post Production of DWD so its not ready yet for this year (or they want to avoid competition with other “genre” movie this year, IDK). So its possible that Wilde took a lot of time for post production Its also possible that Searchlight will release it for 2023 (2024 awards season) since they already have Saoirse Ronan and Emma Stone to campaign for next year (and possibly Anya Taylor Joy as well)

One of my earlier posts is contradictory to what I’m about to say because I was wishfully thinking but some people found some of the crew’s wrapping posts and it seems that it’s always been a 2022 release, most posts were like “can’t wait to see this on the big screen next year” and filming finished in 2021.

The second movie is a biopic that seems like something that may work for awards season if it’s done right. However,the gymnast in question isn’t very critical of the US gymnastics system while her teammates and many gymnasts are so I don’t know how that’ll be done.

Profile picture
    Jajajajjaja
    Topics:

The second movie is a biopic that seems like something that may work for awards season if it’s done right. However,the gymnast in question isn’t very critical of the US gymnastics system while her teammates and many gymnasts are so I don’t know how that’ll be done.

When you are an “American Icon” that came out of that system, be a national hero overnight. i think its reasonable for her to be not that critical (im not saying that the US Gymnasts systems arent wrong)

Yet from the sound of it its more likely to be romanticized a bit (though im not sure whether it would be sugarcoat) as Wilde said that the story is beautiful and heartbraking (well she is the director).

Im also a bit skeptical yet have a feeling like its gonna be like I, Tonya if its done right though the subject matter are different from each other. Its also possible to portray her beautiful story on “true grit and determination” while remains genuine and not sugarcoating the dark side of it (like Tonya’s mom in I Tonya or the main characters in Biopics like The Social Network or Steve Jobs)

Profile picture
    Arman Saxena
    Topics:

The track record of Warner Bros getting a movie into that Best Picture lineup in the last decade is solid to say the least. They didn’t have one in 2016 and that’s the only time. So if you don’t have Dune nominted, then you should have King Richard or something.

Warner Bros. also has Cry Macho and The Many Saints of Newark

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

Warner Bros. also has Cry Macho and The Many Saints of Newark

Many Saints of Newark is gonna go down the same path as Twin Peaks Fire Walk With Me. They don’t like movies directly connected to TV shows

#StopAsianHate

Profile picture
    Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

She has a Murder Mystery Movie set in 1950s London. Also stars Sam Rockwell, David Oyelowo, Adrien Brody and Harris Dickinson. The writer/director, however, is a first timer. Compared to Emma Stone who has Lanthimos and McNamara behind the screen, she is less likely but we’ll see

I’m surprised she’s doing a period piece. That’s so unlike her. lol Gurl’s gotta step up her game a bit to be nominated again.

Profile picture
    Arman Saxena
    Topics:

Many Saints of Newark is gonna go down the same path as Twin Peaks Fire Walk With Me. They don’t like movies directly connected to TV shows

I agree that it most likely won’t hit the BP lineup but Fire Walk with Me was majorly panned at release so even if there was no bias against TV show spinoff movies it wouldn’t have gotten in. I’m not sure if there’s a good enough precedent expressing that a movie spinoff/prequel/sequel of a TV show can’t do well. The only two recent ones I can think of are Deadwood: The Movie and El Camino but both were submitted for Emmys and therefore are not a very apt comparison. Basically, if ‘Many Saints’ gets an 80+ Metascore, I think it’s a top 15 BP contender. But most of these movie spinoffs aren’t that amazing so that’s a big if.

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Eastwood should never be underestimated (his last film brought Kathy Bates back to Oscar after a two decade drought) and unless Cry Macho is total panned flop, I don’t see how it isn’t at least in conversation.

Profile picture
    lolo's
    Topics:

Downton Abbey failing to get a costume design nomination after being such a success showed that the Academy won’t take those movies seriously for awards consideration

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 483 total)

The topic ‘Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 13)’ is closed to new replies.