Home Forums Movies Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 13)

Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 13)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 483 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
George Ehret
Jajajajjaja
loudtoilet
  • Profile picture
    Barbra please
    Topics:

Ah.. an Adam McKay’s picture. A hodgepodge of overacting and weird editing. Jlaw, leo and timmy… Now talk about the upcoming subtleties

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

Best Original Song current predictions ?

Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

Ah.. an Adam McKay’s picture. A hodgepodge of overacting and weird editing. Jlaw, leo and timmy… Now talk about the upcoming subtleties

SAG win here we come! Actors love HAM.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Actors love HAM.

But not Jon Hamm unfortunately.

FYC: All things The Crown, Hacks and I May Destroy You (and Hannah Waddingham and Julianne Nicholson whilst you're at it)!!

Profile picture
    Barbra please
    Topics:

SAG win here we come! Actors love HAM.

When you and your overact pals successfully avoid razzies noms and instead nominated for sag ensemble:

Or being nominated for oscar over another deserving performers:

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

And 8 overall, not 10.

They mean if he gets the double nom this year as some are predicting.

Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

And 8 overall, not 10. Not that wild for a prolific, well-liked, multi-talented figure in the industry. Also slightly odd to say it’s white privilege then name 3 other white actors as examples of people who haven’t had as many noms. Clearly are systemic issues in the Academy and the industry limiting the capacity of non-white actors and producers being able to tell stories and receive major roles, but I don’t see how Cooper is relevant to that and needs to be brought into the discussion.

A “just fine” actor like Bradley Cooper has 4 acting nominations (two of which absolutely undeserved for mediocre/bad performances), thus the same amount of noms superior actors such as Joaquin Phoenix, Christian Bale, and even Brad Pitt have.

If that doesn’t bother you, or seem weird to you, or doesn’t illustrate you just a shining example of white male mediocrity being over rewarded in Hollywood , then I don’t know what the hell to tell you.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Crackleking
    Topics:

Dude, it’s just your opinion that Phoenix, Bale, and Pitt are superior actors. AMPAS votes for what it likes. Also there are thousands of white male actors in Hollywood and very few of them have 4 acting nominations like Cooper. Seems like he didn’t get those nominations just for being white.

Cooper gets nominated constantly because he always teams up with Academy darlings and gives baity performances which are in their wheelhouse. It’s inevetable that he will win an Oscar sooner rather than later. Personally I don’t think that will happen this year even though he may snag two nominations. I have more hope with his role in Maestro.

Profile picture
    Calvin
    Topics:

Or being nominated for oscar over another deserving performers:

I’ll never forget this performance getting a nomination over Steven Yeun in Burning.

Still celebrating Supporting Actress - Youn Yuh-jung (Minari)

FYC Emmys: The Underground Railroad

Profile picture
    Jajajajjaja
    Topics:

I have a weird feeling that Focus is going to “Judas” both of Soho ladies by frauding both of them into supporting since race in Supporting is less competitive than Lead (not weak by any means)

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

I have a weird feeling that Focus is going to “Judas” both of Soho ladies by frauding both of them into supporting since race in Supporting is less competitive than Lead (not weak by any means)

The Academy put LaKeith in Supporting on their own. He was always campaigned in Lead.

Oscar winners Emerald Fennell Daniel Kaluuya and Youn Yuh-jung

#StopAsianHate

Profile picture
    Anirudh Arun
    Topics:

Not that wild for a prolific, well-liked, multi-talented figure in the industry. Also slightly odd to say it’s white privilege then name 3 other white actors as examples of people who haven’t had as many noms.

Exactly. Cooper is an anomaly primarily due to his association with David’ o Russell and choosing the right projects. If you want to make disingenuous arguments like white privilege, you have to back it up as well. If it was white privilege, how does he have zero Oscars and Mahershala Ali have two? It’s more to do with the project that you are attached to.

I agree that the industry has got a lotttt to do in terms of bringing people of colour to at least an equal footing, but stop with this narrative of “white privilege” just because you don’t like Cooper. It does no good in furthering the argument of the importance of equity.

Profile picture
    MysticMagix
    Topics:

The Academy put LaKeith in Supporting on their own. He was always campaigned in Lead.

Too bad they couldn’t do the same for dev patel in slumdog

A little bit of Magic never hurt anybody.

~ MYSTIC

Profile picture
    Rachel615
    Topics:

I have more hope with his role in Maestro.

You really think Bradley Cooper has a better chance of directing himself to an Oscar than he has of winning one when being directed by PTA or del Toro? I disagree.

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 483 total)

The topic ‘Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 13)’ is closed to new replies.