Home Forums Movies Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 13)

Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 13)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 483 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
George Ehret
Jajajajjaja
loudtoilet
  • Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

Will Bradley Cooper be supporting in Soggy Bottom? He could be double nominated in that case.

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

i’m sure he’ll win a director oscar too

The directors branch doesn’t even recognize him as a director when he got in all of the precursors for ASIB lmao.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

bradley cooper himself said Oscar season is “utterly meaningless” and here we are arguing about his awards recognition lol  

He said that because he was miffed about not getting a Directing nomination.

Profile picture
    Calvin
    Topics:

Yeah, not sure I buy Bradley Cooper feeling that awards seasons are meaningless after his comments about feeling ’embarrassed’ about not getting a director nomination – and considering it was probably Pawlikowski who bumped him out, the right move.

I feel like he’s getting a nomination, possibly a win soon enough though.

Still celebrating Supporting Actress - Youn Yuh-jung (Minari)

FYC Emmys: The Underground Railroad

Profile picture
    Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

Exactly. Cooper is an anomaly primarily due to his association with David’ o Russell and choosing the right projects. If you want to make disingenuous arguments like white privilege, you have to back it up as well. If it was white privilege, how does he have zero Oscars and Mahershala Ali have two? It’s more to do with the project that you are attached to. I agree that the industry has got a lotttt to do in terms of bringing people of colour to at least an equal footing, but stop with this narrative of “white privilege” just because you don’t like Cooper. It does no good in furthering the argument of the importance of equity.

Once again, there are opinions and there are facts. Hating Cooper’s acting is one thing, saying his case is the primal example of white privilege in the business is another. If people cannot see the difference between Mahershala Ali’s two Oscars and Bradley Cooper’s 8 nominations, that’s on them. White straight male actors are ten times more likely to succeed in a short period of time in Hollywood. The fact that Ali is almost the same age as Cooper, and after two Oscars he still doesn’t have the same opportunities (esp. in lead) as Cooper should be alarming.

Profile picture
    sarahvsmovies
    Topics:

bradley cooper himself said Oscar season is “utterly meaningless” and here we are arguing about his awards recognition lol 

He was real mad about not getting a nomination when he said that. Cooper is transparently just absolutely desperate for an Oscar.

Profile picture
    Harmen Moes
    Topics:

Will Bradley Cooper be supporting in Soggy Bottom? He could be double nominated in that case.

Is that the ScarJo of this year?

Profile picture
    Crackleking
    Topics:

Is that the ScarJo of this year?

He could be but his role in Soggy Bottom is apparently quite small. He only spent two weeks on set for a shoot that went for roughly 4 months give or take. This could be a Margot Robbie in OUATIH situation all over again.

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Cooper’s only major award (outside of the Grammys) that season being the BAFTA for Best Original Music will never not be funny.

CooperBafta

Profile picture
    AegonsnowVI
    Topics:

Person on Twitter went to a Don’t look up screening today and said the movie is a bit long but very good + funnier than expected. Leo, Jlaw, Meryl, Jonah and Cate gave standout performances, apparently

Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

ITH is dead beyond dead. WB is stepping up Dune promo like nobody’s business – second trailer and 5 spots next week, festival run. They must be aware of the bad release date and are building awareness in order to beat the odds. This is going to be the studios major push, with something else in acting categories. But yeah, this will be the one for picture, director, script, editing, techs.

Also, obvious to me not obvious to others, The Last Duel is a bust. Beyond terrible release date and zero promotion so far. That should tell you all you need to know. A write off or will be delayed to 2022. The movie is finished yet no trailer unlike contenders from October (Dune, Soho) and Eternals in November. This needed festival run to build awareness and try to offset bad release date like how Dune is doing it. Yet not a peep. Not saying the movie’s bad just that studio clearly doesn’t consider it a priority or one of. Unlike Eternals.

Profile picture
    Jajajajjaja
    Topics:

ITH is dead beyond dead. WB is stepping up Dune promo like nobody’s business – second trailer and 5 spots next week, festival run. They must be aware of the bad release date and are building awareness in order to beat the odds. This is going to be the studios major push, with something else in acting categories. But yeah, this will be the one for picture, director, script, editing, techs. Also, obvious to me not obvious to others, The Last Duel is a bust. Beyond terrible release date and zero promotion so far. That should tell you all you need to know. A write off or will be delayed to 2022. The movie is finished yet no trailer unlike contenders from October (Dune, Soho) and Eternals in November. This needed festival run to build awareness and try to offset bad release date like how Dune is doing it. Yet not a peep. Not saying the movie’s bad just that studio clearly doesn’t consider it a priority or one of. Unlike Eternals.

It might be unpopular, but in contrasts, somehow im a bit concerned that Soho released trailer this early. Dune supposed to come out last year (as is Soho) and its finished since late 2019-early 2020ish. The same thing can be said about French dispatch, its supppsed to be released last year and the trailer was released long ago for 2020 release. I dont know what kind of game 20th Century is playing here but they may started promotion in August/September, which, in my opinion, would work better for Oscar Baits

Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

Soho is a new IP, no built in fandom, so starting early awareness buildup makes sense to me. It doesn’t make sense to me why Fox/Disney/whatever-they-are-called-now aren’t releasing TLD trailer or at least a teaser. July should be the latest to start with awareness building and I mean mid-July. And they need really effective previews. Soho preview was fantastic. That’s how you grab attention of people who didn’t know you existed.

Profile picture
    tsc
    Topics:
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

Excellent!

Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 483 total)

The topic ‘Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 13)’ is closed to new replies.