Home Forums Movies Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 13)

Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 13)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 483 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
George Ehret
Jajajajjaja
loudtoilet
  • Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

Exactly. Thousands of years passing, they started to develop. The Eternals of beggining of times were perfect beings. But as everyone, their human side prevails. Just like every human, they cant be perfect.

They are not humans. Like, at all.

Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

Eternals just seems way too Marvel-y to get a Picture nomination, and it doesn’t have a Black Panther element that could put it in that conversation. Just because Chloe Zhao is coming off Best Picture and Director Oscars it doesn’t mean that the film that comes out six months later is automatically gonna get nominated. Eternals ain’t it.

Yep, it seems to me that someone at Marvel decided that Eternals is a big awards player because of Zhao before the movie was even seen by unbiased (non-studio) factors, just like how In the Heights was treated like a big boxoffice hit before it opened. We know what happened next.

If I’m not mistaken, Marvel campaigned Endgame (including RDJ for Supporting Actor or Actor forgot which) and that didn’t pan out despite rave reviews, record boxoffice (beat Avatar at the time) and cast that had half of Hollywood in it (yet even SAG ignored it except in Stunts). It was upstaged by Joker (also a reconrd breaker in its own right, for an R rated movie) that, at least from AMPAS POV, had more to say. So we’ll see.

Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

if Davis could be nominated for fatsuit than why wouldn’t Chastain for  prostehics? Not buying that she will win for Tammy Faye any more than I bought that Charlize would upset with Megyn Kelly lol. But all 3 were/are basic baits for noms.

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

Maybe, but Glenn Close didn’t get nominated for HE….

She did tho

Oscar winners Emerald Fennell Daniel Kaluuya and Youn Yuh-jung

#StopAsianHate

Profile picture
    Champs12
    Topics:

If Eternals is it, im going to be so toxic and make fun of all the blind doubters

Profile picture
    Harmen Moes
    Topics:

Yep, it seems to me that someone at Marvel decided that Eternals is a big awards player because of Zhao before the movie was even seen by unbiased (non-studio) factors, just like how In the Heights was treated like a big boxoffice hit before it opened. We know what happened next. If I’m not mistaken, Marvel campaigned Endgame (including RDJ for Supporting Actor or Actor forgot which) and that didn’t pan out despite rave reviews, record boxoffice (beat Avatar at the time) and cast that had half of Hollywood in it (yet even SAG ignored it except in Stunts). It was upstaged by Joker (also a reconrd breaker in its own right, for an R rated movie) that, at least from AMPAS POV, had more to say. So we’ll see.

If Corona became a worldwide pandemic a few months earlier. It had had great chances. I’m talking about Avengers: Endgame.

Profile picture
    Jajajajjaja
    Topics:

She did tho

She must be confuse her with Amy Adams…

Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

If Eternals is it, im going to be so toxic and make fun of all the blind doubters

I expect it to make a filler Top 10 and no other above the line. Basically like Black Panther – Picture + Techs.

If Corona became a worldwide pandemic a few months earlier. It had had great chances. I’m talking about Avengers: Endgame.

Because Joker would be post-poned, since it was THE superhero movie AMPAS took seriously?

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

based on her physical transformation which to her credit is quite impressive.

You mean to the makeup and hairstylist’s credit.

Although hat chin prosthetic at the beginning of the trailer looked awful lmao.

FYC: All things The Crown, Hacks and I May Destroy You (and Hannah Waddingham and Julianne Nicholson whilst you're at it)!!

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

Rooney Mara and Claire have joined Frances McDormand in MGM and Plan B’s Woman Talking: https://deadline.com/2021/06/mgms-orion-pictures-plan-b-sarah-polleys-women-talking-rooney-mara-claire-foy-jessie-buckley-ben-wishaw-among-frances-mcdormand-in-the-adaptation-1234775874/

Quote: Based on the best-selling novel by Miriam Toews, Women Talking follows a group of women in an isolated religious colony as they struggle to reconcile their faith with a series of sexual assaults committed by the colony’s men. Published in 2018, the novel was named a Best Book of the Year By The New York Times Book Review, NPR.Org, The Washington Post, The New York Times, Slate, Publishers Weekly and Time, among many others.

Profile picture
    Antony Mathews
    Topics:

Carole King and Jennifer Hudson wrote a song for Respect. The soundtrack and original music will arrive on June 18th. (source)

Emmy FYC: Basically no one because everyone who was my FYC was snubbed. Anyway, I May Destroy You for victory in each category.

Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

Rooney Mara and Claire have joined Frances McDormand in MGM and Plan B’s Woman Talking: https://deadline.com/2021/06/mgms-orion-pictures-plan-b-sarah-polleys-women-talking-rooney-mara-claire-foy-jessie-buckley-ben-wishaw-among-frances-mcdormand-in-the-adaptation-1234775874/ Quote: Based on the best-selling novel by Miriam Toews, Women Talking follows a group of women in an isolated religious colony as they struggle to reconcile their faith with a series of sexual assaults committed by the colony’s men. Published in 2018, the novel was named a Best Book of the Year By The New York Times Book Review, NPR.Org, The Washington Post, The New York Times, Slate, Publishers Weekly and Time, among many others.

McDormand is so going to win her 4th acting Oscar sometimes soon for something isn’t she? And likely her second producing if her insinct is just as good in the future.

Profile picture
    mitchellfleming21
    Topics:

Rooney Mara and Claire have joined Frances McDormand in MGM and Plan B’s Woman Talking: https://deadline.com/2021/06/mgms-orion-pictures-plan-b-sarah-polleys-women-talking-rooney-mara-claire-foy-jessie-buckley-ben-wishaw-among-frances-mcdormand-in-the-adaptation-1234775874/

Quote: Based on the best-selling novel by Miriam Toews, Women Talking follows a group of women in an isolated religious colony as they struggle to reconcile their faith with a series of sexual assaults committed by the colony’s men. Published in 2018, the novel was named a Best Book of the Year By The New York Times Book Review, NPR.Org, The Washington Post, The New York Times, Slate, Publishers Weekly and Time, among many others.

Well, the Academy can now afford to not nominate McDormand for Macbeth because she’ll be winning for this in 2023.

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

Well, the Academy can now afford to not nominate McDormand for Macbeth because she’ll be winning for this in 2023.

Oscar winners Emerald Fennell Daniel Kaluuya and Youn Yuh-jung

#StopAsianHate

Profile picture
    mitchellfleming21
    Topics:

Gonna be honest, I have NO idea what this means 😂😂. Someone help me lol

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 483 total)

The topic ‘Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 13)’ is closed to new replies.