Home Forums Movies Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 2)

Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 266 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
14 hours ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
schmids
fefface
  • Profile picture
    schmids
    Topics:

dang I didn’t even know Zoe was in that movie

She hasn’t been announced anywhere yet.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Maybe Zoe is replacing Margot?

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    alittle03
    Topics:

Maybe Zoe is replacing Margot?

That’s plausible. Especially since apparently Margot is replacing Emma Stone in Babylon; perhaps she dropped Amsterdam completely for that?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Jojo1
    Topics:

Zoe and Rami joined the cast !

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    alittle03
    Topics:

Zoe and Rami joined the cast !

That’s what I figured honestly. I still think Margot Robbie is in the cast and a few actors simply joined is all.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

Deadline confirms that Saldana only joined the cast, Robbie is still in. No word of replacement.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    schmids
    Topics:

According to someone on AW (who heard it on the Team Deakins podcast) Joel Coen’s Macbeth movie is in black and white.

So there’s Cinematography at the very least.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    alittle03
    Topics:

Kinda tired of movies going black-and-white just to snag a Cinematography nom. It’s somewhat redundant and uninspired to me now. I’ll wait and see, though.

However, Frances McDormand and Denzel Washington look extremely promising. Definitely betting on them receiving acting nominations.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    schmids
    Topics:

Kinda tired of movies going black-and-white just to snag a Cinematography nom. It’s somewhat redundant and uninspired to me now. I’ll wait and see, though.

It does seem to have ramped up in the last few years.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Mickmack
    Topics:

Kinda tired of movies going black-and-white just to snag a Cinematography nom. It’s somewhat redundant and uninspired to me now. I’ll wait and see, though. However, Frances McDormand and Denzel Washington look extremely promising. Definitely betting on them receiving acting nominations.

Such a cheap way to get a cinematography nomination. Roma started that. Delusional people actually predict Malcolm n Marie to a nomination too LOL.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

So it seems Netflix will have a remake of the British miniseries Unforgiven for the 2022 Oscars. It stars Sandra Bullock as the lead and Viola Davis is the supporting player. Bullock has very baity material so if it ends up being any good she could snag a nod. It is being adapted by Christopher McQuarrie (The Usual Suspects, Mission Impossible : Fallout).

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    alittle03
    Topics:

With Viola Davis possibly getting in for Lead Actress with The Woman King and/or Supporting Actress for Unforgiven next year, would voters vote for another contender this year rather than her Ma Rainey performance seeing as how they could vote for her twice next year or could it be goodwill in some way? I know I’m outlandishly grasping at straws, I just wanted to share what I was thinking and see what people thought!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    schmids
    Topics:

I don’t think anyone has the new Baumbach in their predictions, but it will almost definitely be 2023 season – it’s not filming until June.

It’s also confirmed to be an adaptation of the Don DeLillo novel White Noise, which is extremely left field for Baumbach.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    sissyfritz
    Topics:

Black and White cinematography used to be pretty rare in modern filmmaking (see: Schindler’s List/Sin City,) but ever since The Artist rocked up to the party and won a bunch of statues it’s been a feeding frenzy.  At the time, I figured it would be a one-off for the sake of “old-times,” but then Nebraska jumped on the wagon a few months later and it’s been pretty consistent ever since.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

I don’t think anyone has the new Baumbach in their predictions, but it will almost definitely be 2023 season – it’s not filming until June. It’s also confirmed to be an adaptation of the Don DeLillo novel White Noise, which is extremely left field for Baumbach.

Without getting too off topic as you’re right about the schedule, holy shit that is a departure for this creative team. It’s a book that many people consider unadaptable/unfilmable – it’s been attempted and scrapped before.

But kudos to Netflix for having the balls to fund these kinds of projects, and to Gerwig/Baumbach/Driver for having the balls to attempt it.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 266 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.