Home Forums Movies Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 2)

Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 513 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
schmids
fefface
  • Profile picture
    OneAndOnly
    Topics:

Do we know anything about the Olivia Wilde movie release date? Florence could be competitive in Best Actress but maybe not with the 2022 lineup

Definitely coming out this year.

There’s a recent interview with Scorsese in the LA Times where he says he’s still working on casting so I think the February start is looking doubtful (he doesn’t specify when it will shoot). He also said this to the NY Times: ‘I have been locked in and working on FaceTime. I have been trying to make this movie [“Killers of the Flower Moon”] since March. Every two days, they say we’re going. And then they say, no we’re not. It’s a state of anxiety and tension. But in any event, I really haven’t gone out that much. I can’t take a chance, either.’ And aren’t deNiro / DiCaprio both working on other projects right now?

Definitely coming out 2022.

Have a great day if you see this!

FYC: Anthony Hopkins- The Father
    FYC: Chadwick Boseman - Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom

Male/Straight/BLM

Profile picture
    Lucas
    Topics:

Angelina Jolie return to the Oscars? First look at Those Who Wished Me Dead

https://twitter.com/ThePlaylist/status/1350510935979552768?s=19

FYC

Best Actor: Mads Mikkelsen (Another Round)

Best Actress: Carey Mulligan (Promising Young Woman)

Profile picture
    RIDLEY SCOTT
    Topics:

2021 Oscars seem too small. 2022 and 2023 Oscars will be Bigger

Profile picture
    Lucas
    Topics:

I’ve seen someone here predicting the first nomination for Kirsten Dunst…
    Please make it happen

FYC

Best Actor: Mads Mikkelsen (Another Round)

Best Actress: Carey Mulligan (Promising Young Woman)

Profile picture
    diego
    Topics:

Thankfully. I don’t think I would be able to go through another season as DRY as this one.

Profile picture
    Melvinezq
    Topics:

Angelina Jolie return to the Oscars? First look at Those Who Wished Me Dead https://twitter.com/ThePlaylist/status/1350510935979552768?s=19

Just build a comeback narrative with a perfect distributor and I’m sure she’s going to snatch that gold.

I mean Zellweger could do it. Why couldn’t the most famous actor in the world do it too?

Profile picture
    RIDLEY SCOTT
    Topics:

Jolie is not close to be the most famous. The most famous actor in the world is The Rock(most followed actor in Instagram)

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

A lot of these films will get delayed. There’s no way cinemas will be able to handle all these films slated and/or studios will be able to handle releasing them. I expect a lot of 20th Century titles to get delayed in particular.

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    Butz
    Topics:

Those Who Wish Me Dead was NOT a book that I could see being translated into an Oscar movie. I think an acting nomination for that material, especially given the role she’s playing, would need the biggest performance AND narrative imaginable.

FYC:

Lead Actor: Mads Mikkelsen (Another Round)

Supporting Actress: Maria Bakalova (Borat Subsequent Moviefilm)

Supporting Actor: Paul Raci (Sound of Metal)

-----------------------------

Letterboxd: Ray_In_Bruges

Profile picture
    Melvinezq
    Topics:

Jolie is not close to be the most famous. The most famous actor in the world is The Rock(most followed actor in Instagram)

Angelina Jolie doesn’t even care about those social media, but it doesn’t diminish her star power. She’s well known by her peers and just ask people randomly, then you’ll know how famous she is. She’s been constantly in the industry since the 90s and was even considered the top of it all in 00s. The only people that are not familiar with her are perhaps the youngster.

Those Who Wish Me Dead was NOT a book that I could see being translated into an Oscar movie. I think an acting nomination for that material, especially given the role she’s playing, would need the biggest performance AND narrative imaginable.

I’d like to know whether you have read the book Nomadland adapted from. I wonder if it’s something Oscar-y for you. However, yeah, it’s been so long since she gave it all into her performance and we still don’t know how it’s going to turn out.

Profile picture
    Butz
    Topics:

I’d like to know whether you have read the book Nomadland adapted from. I wonder if it’s something Oscar-y for you. However, yeah, it’s been so long since she gave it all into her performance and we still don’t know how it’s going to turn out.

I have not however I don’t think that Those Who Wish Me Dead could be adapted into something Oscar-y without changing its entire plot, structure and themes. I liked the book and would actually love to see it turned into a good thriller, I just think it’s No Country for Old Men without its themes meets Only the Brave. But maybe I’ll eat my words, who knows

FYC:

Lead Actor: Mads Mikkelsen (Another Round)

Supporting Actress: Maria Bakalova (Borat Subsequent Moviefilm)

Supporting Actor: Paul Raci (Sound of Metal)

-----------------------------

Letterboxd: Ray_In_Bruges

Profile picture
    musiccisum
    Topics:

do we think olivia wildes new movie will be competitive? if so which categories

Profile picture
    Jojo1
    Topics:

do we think olivia wildes new movie will be competitive? if so which categories

Actress, Cinematography, Costume Design, Production Design, Director, Picture

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    alittle03
    Topics:

So excited for this film.

It’s one of the first films coming out as part of our awards predicting, right? Trying to stay up to date since the 2022 Oscars will be my first full awards season of predicting!

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 513 total)

The topic ‘Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.