Home Forums Movies Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 2)

Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 513 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
schmids
fefface
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

So excited for this film. It’s one of the first films coming out as part of our awards predicting, right? Trying to stay up to date since the 2022 Oscars will be my first full awards season of predicting!

Yep!

Personally I hope (and think) it goes to the Summer. It might even having a much stronger box office than it would have had before the pandemic (it might be the first film people go back to cinemas to see) and I have never missed an Edgar Wright film on the big screen so it would be disappointing to miss for what is probably the one I’m the most hyped for.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Jajajajjaja
    Topics:

Could be this year’s Get Out or Black Swan or perhaps Horror version of Fight Club with McKenzie’s character is equal to The Narrator and Anya’s character is Tyler Durden lol.

Coincidentally, both Pitt-Norton and Anya-McKenzie has the age gap of 4 years (Pitt born in 1963, Norton in 1967, Anya in 1996 and McKenzie in 2000).

Go break J-Law Record girl!! Or at least get your nomination after getting snubbed twice for Leave No Trace and Jojo Rabbit

Profile picture
    Magnus
    Topics:

Picture
    Director
    Actress
    Supporting Actress
    Original Screenplay
    Editing (Win?)
    Sound
    Makeup and Hairstyling
    Maybe Costumes and Production Design

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

Picture Director Actress Supporting Actress Original Screenplay Editing (Win?) Sound Makeup and Hairstyling Maybe Costumes and Production Design

It’s not getting nine noms. Next year is going to be way too competitive.

Profile picture
    Magnus
    Topics:

I know. Just listing all possibilities really.

Profile picture
    alittle03
    Topics:

Yep! Personally I hope (and think) it goes to the Summer. It might even having a much stronger box office than it would have had before the pandemic (it might be the first film people go back to cinemas to see) and I have never missed an Edgar Wright film on the big screen so it would be disappointing to miss for what is probably the one I’m the most hyped for.

Thank you for answering! And I agree that people will probably start returning to the movie theaters later this year, what with vaccinations and all, so this movie should do pretty well if pushed a little later!

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Well never say never! We have not idea about anything surrounding the quality of this film and it’s one of the most anticipated releases of the year starring a star with a lot of buzz right now (Taylor-Joy) and featuring the final performance of a screen icon (Rigg).

Its genre may be an unconventional one when it comes to traditional Oscar bait but I remember people ruling out Get Out at this point in the Oscars race. Joker too. In fact if you look own the previous thread you’ll see people ruling out Promising Young Woman in September.

With regards to competition (and this is a general query) will there be the much of it? I feel like it’s almost a certainty that unless you’re a small indie all the big releases (like Last Night in SoHo) will go to the Summer for a stronger box office because of the wider distribution of vaccines and a lot of the studios have too much on their plate to release too many films at once. I think it’s possible Gucci gets delayed whilst MGM focuses on Respect. Or that Amazon delays everything the isn’t <i>Louis Wain </i>and Annette.

Personally I can’t wait till this season begins. Annette, <i>The French Dispatch</i>, The Tragedy of MacbethLast Night in SoHo… It looks like we might have actually good films competing for the Oscars again. That’s not disrespect to the films this year (they’re ok) but out of the ones that are competitive for a BP nom I only think that Da 5 BloodsThe FatherNomadland and Promising Young Woman are worthy of being win competitive (I haven’t seen <i>Soul </i>or Minari).

Supporting Actress

Rigg or Taylor-Joy?

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Coincidentally, both Pitt-Norton and Anya-McKenzie has the age gap of 4 years (Pitt born in 1963, Norton in 1967, Anya in 1996 and McKenzie in 2000).

You know I can imagine Edgar having just cast them because of that stat.

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

Well never say never! We have not idea about anything surrounding the quality of this film and it’s one of the most anticipated releases of the year starring a star with a lot of buzz right now (Taylor-Joy) and featuring the final performance of a screen icon (Rigg).

I think it’s getting nominated for sure, but not 9. Even in a non-packed year there are only 1 or 2 films that get that many and (admittedly without having seen it) don’t think Soho is likely to. It will be The French Dispatch probably.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Oh totally agree fefface!

I really hope I can see these films in the cinema. It’s not the same watching a Wes Anderson or an Edgar Wright film on the small screen but I guess I’ll just have to cross my fingers and hope the pandemic cools down.

Anyway here are my updated predictions because why not? Predicting Gucci skips eligibility. Done in nomination likelihood.

Best Picture

1. The Power of the Dog (Netflix)
    2. Don’t Look Up (Netflix)
    3. The French Dispatch (Searchlight Pictures)
    4. The Tragedy of Macbeth (A24)
    5. Last Night in SoHo (Focus Features)
    6. Annette (Amazon)
    7. The Harder They Fall (Netflix)
    8. Nightmare Alley (Searchlight Pictures)
    9. The Last Duel (20th Century Studios)
    10. Amsterdam (20th Century Studios)

11. The Northman (Focus Features)
    12. Dear Evan Hansen (Universal)
    13. Louis Wain (Amazon)
    14. Tick, Tick… Boom (Netflix)
    15. Respect (MGM)

Best Director

1. Jane Campion, The Power of the Dog
    2. Adam McKay, Don’t Look Up
    3. Wes Anderson, The French Dispatch
    4. Edgar Wright, Last Night in SoHo
    5. Guillermo del Toro, Nightmare Alley

6. Leos Carax, Annette
    7. Joel Cohen, The Tragedy of Macbeth
    8. Denis Villenueve, Dune
    9. Robert Eggers, The Northman
    10. Lin Manuel-Miranda, Tick, Tick… Boom

Best Actress

1. Margot Robbie, Amsterdam
    2. Frances McDormand, The Tragedy of Macbeth
    3. Kirsten Dunst, The Power of the Dog
    4. Marion Cotillard, Annette
    5. Cate Blanchett, Nightmare Alley

6. Halle Berry, Bruised
    7. Thomas McKenzie, Last Night in SoHo
    8. Jennifer Hudson, Respect
    9. Sandra Bullock, Unforgiven
    10. Jennifer Lawrence, Don’t Look Up

Best Actor

1. Adam Driver, Annette
    2. Denzel Washington, The Tragedy of Macbeth
    3. Leonardo DiCaprio, Don’t Look Up
    4. Christian Bale, Amsterdam
    5. Benedict Cumberbatch, Louis Wain

6. Will Smith, King Richard
    7. Bradley Cooper, Nightmare Alley
    8. Matt Damon, The Last Duel
    9. Jonathan Majors, The Harder They Fall
    10. Ben Platt, Dear Evan Hansen

Best S. Actress

1. Meryl Streep, Don’t Look Up
    2. Jodie Comer, The Last Duel
    3. Diana Rigg, Last Night in SoHo
    4. Regina King, The Harder They Fall
    5. Toni Collette, Nightmare Alley

6. Nicole Kidman,  The Northman
    7. Julianne Moore, Dear Evan Hansen
    8. Claire Foy, Louis Wain
    9. Amy Adams, Dear Evan Hansen
    10. Viola Davis, Unforgiven

Best S. Actor

1. Willem Dafoe, Nightmare Alley
    2. Adam Driver, The Last Duel
    3. Idris Elba, The Harder They Fall
    4. John David Washington, Amsterdam
    5. Rami Malek, Amsterdam

6. Brendan Gleeson, The Tragedy of Macbeth
    7. Delroy Lindo, The Harder They Fall
    8. Bill Murray, The French Dispatch
    9. Bradley Whitford, Tick, Tick…Boom
    10. Ethan Hawke, The Northman

Best Original Screenplay

1. Adam McKay, Don’t Look Up
    2. Wes Anderson, The French Dispatch
    3. Edgar Wright and Krysty Wilson-Cairns, Last Night in SoHo
    4. Ron Mael and Russell Mael, Annette
    5. Lisa Joy,  Reminiscence

6. Will Sharpe and Simon Stephenson, Louis Wain
    7. Tracey Scott-Wilson, Respect
    8. David O. Russell, Amsterdam
    9. Michelle Rosenfarb, Bruised
    10. Brady Corbet and Mona Fastvold, The Brutalist

Adapted Screenplay

1. Jane Campion, The Power of the Dog
    2. Joel Cohen, The Tragedy of Macbeth
    3. Guillermo del Toro and Kim Morgan, Nightmare Alley
    4. Robert Eggers, The Northman
    5. Steven Levinson, Dear Evan Hansen

6. Phoebe Waller-Bridge,  No Time to Die
    7. John Spaiths, Denis Villenueve and Eric Roth, Dune
    8. James Gunn, The Suicide Squad
    9. Christopher McQuarrie, Unforgiven

Profile picture
    Ash
    Topics:

I really don’t get the don’t look up predictions am i missing something with the don’t look up predictions i don’t care if he movie got Leonardo DiCaprio Jennifer Lawrence Meryl Streep and Cate Blanchet im excited to see it but a movie like that is neveeeeeeeerrrrrr gonna get anything besides a visual effects Oscar nom its literally is not Oscar material more a golden globe thing.

Profile picture
    Miles
    Topics:

Could The Northman be Robert Eggers’ mainstream breakthrough like The Favourite was for Yorgos Lanthimos?

Profile picture
    Magnus
    Topics:

Rigg or Taylor-Joy?

Meant Rigg but I guess Taylor-Joy could, maybe.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Could The Northman be Robert Eggers’ mainstream breakthrough like The Favourite was for Yorgos Lanthimos?

Maybe?

One of The Northman and Last Night in SoHo WILL be Focus’ priority. The question is which. <i>The Northman </i>feels more inaccessible so I am a bit wary but I expect it will premiere at Venice and <i>Last Night in SoHo </i>will go to Berlin (and if it’s release date is delayed) Cannes.

Or they both go to Venice and Anya Taylor-Joy is the talk of the festival like Kirby was this year haha.

Profile picture
    Magnus
    Topics:

I really don’t get the don’t look up predictions am i missing something with the don’t look up predictions i don’t care if he movie got Leonardo DiCaprio Jennifer Lawrence Meryl Streep and Cate Blanchet im excited to see it but a movie like that is neveeeeeeeerrrrrr gonna get anything besides a visual effects Oscar nom its literally is not Oscar material more a golden globe thing.

I’m also not buying into it. Adam McKay hasn’t had any awards success outside of biopics, and if it is a true comedy I am nowhere near as convinced it’s even a contender as everyone else.

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 513 total)

The topic ‘Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.