Home Forums Movies Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 2)

Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 513 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
schmids
fefface
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

…it’s still a sequel? Anyway, that said there’s no way AQP2 is doing anything at the Oscars. Especially not given how competitive the year will be.

My point was more that unless your first instalment receives love from the Academy there tends to be a bias against sequels in the Academy. Look at how Avengers Endgame for example got a significant amount of acclaim and became the highest grossing film of all time yet it failed to go anywhere (despite getting strange traction early on because I remember it was quite high in the predictions centre for SAG ensemble and GD kept posting articles about it potentially getting in). <i>Toy Story </i>is the only exception.

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    Jajajajjaja
    Topics:

Don‘t worry darling won’t be a contender for a nom in the main categories. I haven’t looked that deep into the cast but the main people involved definitely aren’t oscar darlings lol.

Florence Pugh: Am i a joke to you?

Though we never know. Olivia Wilde has a great directorial debut.

Also the comparation between Godfather,LOTR and A Quiet Place is ridiculous. The first one is a crime flick that the academy love to embrace, the second one is fantasy flick with large ensemble cast and the last one is a straight up Post-Apocalyptic Horror

IMO. The only way Quiet Place 2 could sneak in major categories is when Soho and Dont Worry Darling flopped critically

Profile picture
    brenolimsta
    Topics:

ok, so Streep is doing a president who tries to discredit the media and the astronauts in Don’t Look Up. looks like a satire of Trump. she is coming for that supporting actress nom

Profile picture
    DestinyFulfilled
    Topics:

ok, so Streep is doing a president who tries to discredit the media and the astronauts in Don’t Look Up. looks like a satire of Trump. she is coming for that supporting actress nom

Not only Streep! I think DiCaprio and Lawrence (if they have dramatic scenes as well as comedic ones) are very likely as is BP. The Academy is overwhelmingly Democrat, if it’s not terrible they’re gonna eat this up because of the subject matter alone. Critics aswell.

Profile picture
    Miles
    Topics:

Since The Wolf of Wall Street, Leonardo DiCaprio has only made a movie every few years, and has been nominated for all of them. He can basically have anything he wants, so I’m assuming Don’t Look Up is the real deal. And I mean look at the people he got: Lawrence, Streep, Blanchett, Chalamet, Hill, Evans, etc. It’s gonna be good.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Edgar Wright really is campaigning in the subtlest way lol.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKikI1cr1Ar/

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    diego
    Topics:

First look at Kristen Stewart as Diana

Profile picture
    Jays
    Topics:

Wow, KStew looks phenomenal in that photo. I hope she nails the voice and mannerisms because the resemblance is there.

Profile picture
    diego
    Topics:

https://twitter.com/filmupdatesbu/status/1354430472525389831?s=21

Sally Hawkins and Sean Harris have also joined the cast of ‘Spencer’

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Oh wow.

It’s going to be interesting to see how this ends up because I can see this being her big moment if the film ends up being good.

The timing is rather poor though. I assume this will premiere at Venice and at the same time as a potential Emmy win for Emma Corrin so this could get very messy.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

https://twitter.com/filmupdatesbu/status/1354430472525389831?s=21 Sally Hawkins and Sean Harris have also joined the cast of ‘Spencer’

I am assuming Harris’ role will be like Peter Saarsgard’s in Jackie and that he’s playing James Hewitt. Intrigued by Hawkins. She’s a big star and I can’t imagine her role will be totally thankless.

The crew behind the crafts seems impressive. I wonder (if good of course) if it could be an across the board contender.

Profile picture
    Dan Backslide
    Topics:

Since The Wolf of Wall Street, Leonardo DiCaprio has only made a movie every few years, and has been nominated for all of them. He can basically have anything he wants, so I’m assuming Don’t Look Up is the real deal. And I mean look at the people he got: Lawrence, Streep, Blanchett, Chalamet, Hill, Evans, etc. It’s gonna be good.

To be fair, while that it is a strong sounding cast, there’s been talk that a lot of them will just be cameos.

Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

Wow, i couldn’t even recognize her.

Profile picture
    OneAndOnly
    Topics:

Hawkins reportedly has a pretty large role.

Have a great day if you see this!

FYC: Anthony Hopkins- The Father
    FYC: Chadwick Boseman - Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom

Male/Straight/BLM

Profile picture
    gorman
    Topics:

Excellent first look image. Could be a major breakout moment for Stewart, and I have faith in her and Larrain that it will be. Between this and Ana de Armas in Blonde, I can already sense I’ll be having trouble picking a favourite role in the Actress race next year.

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 513 total)

The topic ‘Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.