Home Forums Movies Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 2)

Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 513 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
schmids
fefface
  • Profile picture
    Dan Backslide
    Topics:

I’m not particularly interested in this Diana film since her story is already being covered wonderfully on The Crown, but I’ll admit that Stewart looks a lot like her there.

Hopefully the film is good, it’s just that I find it redundant to have a movie about her when she’s getting proper coverage on another highly popular project.

And I know people have talked about Darkest Hour coming out around The Crown’s first season with Churchill, but at least those represented different points in his life. Maybe this will focus on a specific part of Diana’s story that wasn’t represented on The Crown, but I don’t know. I’ll keep an open mind.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I’m not particularly interested in this Diana film since her story is already being covered wonderfully on The Crown, but I’ll admit that Stewart looks a lot like her there. Hopefully the film is good, it’s just that I find it redundant to have a movie about her when she’s getting proper coverage on another highly popular project.

Agreed. It is quite remarkable how much she looks like her.

But it feels like this project has come too soon and dare I say a bit much? It feels like we’re getting a Diana overload projects wise? Netflix have a Diana musical they are streaming this year too.

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

Hopefully the film is good, it’s just that I find it redundant to have a movie about her when she’s getting proper coverage on another highly popular project.

Based on the premise, the film is not aiming to be as expansive as The Crown.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

It does seem more like Jackie in terms of the narrative frame.

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    Viridiana
    Topics:

The Crown and Larraín´s work couldn´t be more different imo. Even with the same theme, their approach would surely have nothing in common.

My only concern is the fact Steven Knight did the script. Bar Locke and Eastern Promises, his film work is pretty average and sometimes even mediocre.

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

Cannes has officially moved to July. Watch for more release date shuffling.

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

I am looking forward to Spencer but these are two very different situations. Kristen has a harder path than Oldman did.

I agree. She still has to prove herself as an actress. BUT it could be a situation where she can WOW since people are not used to her being great.

Profile picture
    RIDLEY SCOTT
    Topics:

Lady Gaga versus Kristen Stewart. I adore both

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Cannes has officially moved to July. Watch for more release date shuffling.

I expect Last Night in SoHo is going there and that’s partly why the release was shuffled.

Annette is definitely going there. Same with The French Dispatch.

Profile picture
    MysticMagix
    Topics:

First look at Kristen Stewart as Diana

why doesnt she have blue contacts on…diana had very blue eyes

A little bit of Magic never hurt anybody.

~ MYSTIC

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

why doesnt she have blue contacts on…diana had very blue eyes

It’s a good image but for me her facial expression is giving me Kristen Stewart and not Diana at all.

Profile picture
    RIDLEY SCOTT
    Topics:

To each their own. Emma Corrin is Very Overrated here. Kristen Stewart and Elizabeth Debicky could be way better than her.

Profile picture
    TrumpBiden
    Topics:

The only film I would bet $200 right now is Dune. I can smell 8+ nominations, and starting now it’ll win Visual Effects.

Profile picture
    CateNicole
    Topics:

First look at Kristen Stewart as Diana

FYC: Michaela Coel and Rosamund Pike

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

To each their own. Emma Corrin is Very Overrated here. Kristen Stewart and Elizabeth Debicky could be way better than her.

Off topic but has Elizabeth Debicki’s Charles been cast yet?

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 513 total)

The topic ‘Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.