Home Forums Movies Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 2)

Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 513 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
schmids
fefface
  • Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>

</p>
    Not every movie needs a song

I know, it was just a joke.

For Your Emmy Consideration:
    Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" as Leading Actor in a Drama Series
    Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird" as Leading Actor in a Limited Series
    Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" as Leading and Supporting actress in Limited Series
    Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" as Supporting Actor in a Drama Series.
    MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" as Leading Actress in a Drama Series.

Profile picture
    Jajajajjaja
    Topics:

I just remembered that “Get Out”, a genre blurry movie, albeit it more leaning towards Horror, could actually get in for Genre that the Academy isn’t usually keen for (after all Black Swan is more a thriller) I wonder if this means Soho has the higher chance to get in Acting categories. I mean, maybe Get Out has social issue narrative that helped it to get in

Lets not forget that Soho is a Psycho-Horror but it also took place in Stylish period set, Something that The Academy love plus it is directed by Edgar Wright and starring two young industry darling in McKenzie and Taylor-Joy along with legend like Diana Rigg

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Based on what is known about Annette I think Cotillard will go Supporting unless Amazon decide they want to push the young actress playing the daughter (doesn’t seem likely but you never know). McDormand could realistically go either – Lady M is missing from big chunks of the play but she’s the only significant female character so Lead not inappropriate. I imagine they’ll just campaign her wherever they think she’s got a better chance. I can also see Comer ending up in Lead – again because she’s the only major female character in her film, and it’s probably better optics given the plot.

McDormand can very well go either as you said of course. I’d say unless Annette is a dud or inaccessible that if Cotillard goes supporting she’s in.

I guess Comer could go lead (especially considering the possibility both Driver and Damon go supporting) but I have a feeling that she’ll only do so if they make a big push for Harriet Walter. The question is can Comer win in either?

Two other people who can go lead are Elisabeth Moss and Claire Foy. I guess the latter could go lead if Cotillard goes supporting (both are being pushed by Amazon) but I personally see the former just staying in supporting unless somehow she’s worried about splitting votes for herself for The French Dispatch. It feels like a Viola Davis situation (obviously not comparing the quality of performances or saying that Moss and Davis got snubbed for the same reasons) where the performer decides to go supporting and not lead to increase their chances after several snubs.

For me the question is also how big is Rigg’s role in <i>Last Night in SoHo </i>and how much of a campaign will Focus do for her? What should be worth baring in mind is that the Globes have recently tended to award the performer who they think won’t have another chance at a win (look at them awarding Phoenix over Driver for example or Close over Gaga). If the Globes award Rigg I’d say she’s sweeping.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    schmids
    Topics:

McDormand can very well go either as you said of course. I’d say unless Annette is a dud or inaccessible that if Cotillard goes supporting she’s in. I guess Comer could go lead (especially considering the possibility both Driver and Damon go supporting) but I have a feeling that she’ll only do so if they make a big push for Harriet Walter. The question is can Comer win in either?

I don’t think Comer will win but I think she’ll get nominated. I see her as a Vanessa Kirby type – tons of TV acclaim, then nominated for a breakthrough film role where the nomination is the reward that springboards her into more interesting film projects.

I think Damon and Comer will go Lead with Driver in Supporting (villainous characters tend to do well in that category). Driver also has Annette which could get him a Lead nom provided it’s not totally inaccessible. I have a feeling it’s going to be the kind of high workrate performance the Academy likes to reward.

Of course if Duel is poorly received (subject matter) it could very easily go nowhere.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The thing that I find very difficult is what to do with Anya Taylor-Joy and Thomasin McKenzie. They both seem like the co-lead of Last Night in SoHo but Taylor-Joy has The Northman as well and she seems to be the principal lead of LNiS. Then things become more complicated because McKenzie is going supporting for The Power of the Dog. Then they become even more complicated because if Taylor-Joy goes supporting for either project she’ll be up against Rigg and Kidman who probably will have a better chance of winning/getting nominated than her.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Magnus
    Topics:

The thing that I find very difficult is what to do with Anya Taylor-Joy and Thomasin McKenzie. They both seem like the co-lead of Last Night in SoHo but Taylor-Joy has The Northman as well and she seems to be the principal lead of LNiS. Then things become more complicated because McKenzie is going supporting for The Power of the Dog. Then they become even more complicated because if Taylor-Joy goes supporting for either project she’ll be up against Rigg and Kidman who probably will have a better chance of winning/getting nominated than her.

I’d say McKenzie is probably lead and Taylor-Joy supporting. The film is about a girl going back in time to meet her idol, right? Judging by set photos I think McKenzie is the girl and Taylor-Joy is her idol.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I’d say McKenzie is probably lead and Taylor-Joy supporting. The film is about a girl going back in time to meet her idol, right? Judging by set photos I think McKenzie is the girl and Taylor-Joy is her idol.

Yeah I had a look at the photos and that seems right.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

It does look like it’s a lock for a costumes nomination though.

Profile picture
    Magnus
    Topics:

It does look like it’s a lock for a costumes nomination though.

It’s an Edgar Wright film, so it’s not a lock for anything at all. That being said, if it gets Best Picture, Director etc., costumes and production design could still go either way for it.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

It’s an Edgar Wright film, so it’s not a lock for anything at all. That being said, if it gets Best Picture, Director etc., costumes and production design could still go either way for it.

Well the thing is when Edgar Wright films perform well and/or are undeniable with their crafts they do get them nominated (look at Baby Driver getting into Sound).

I think this film could perform quite well considering its end of April release date. Some will start to go back to the cinemas because of a vaccine rollout (admittedly not all) and this will be one of the first big films to be released. I see great potential for it.

Profile picture
    Magnus
    Topics:

Well the thing is when Edgar Wright films perform well and/or are undeniable with their crafts they do get them nominated (look at Baby Driver getting into Sound).

I think this film could perform quite well considering its end of April release date. Some will start to go back to the cinemas because of a vaccine rollout (admittedly not all) and this will be one of the first big films to be released. I see great potential for it.

I see great potential for it too, I’m predicting it for Picture, Actress, Sup. Actress and Original Screenplay nominations. Below the line, I have it in Editing, Costume Design and Sound. And I think it could win Editing as that part of an Edgar Wright film never disappoints.

Profile picture
    Jajajajjaja
    Topics:

I see great potential for it too, I’m predicting it for Picture, Actress, Sup. Actress and Original Screenplay nominations. Below the line, I have it in Editing, Costume Design and Sound. And I think it could win Editing as that part of an Edgar Wright film never disappoints.

Exactly same prediction lol. Who you have in the lead? I have McKenzie in lead and Anya will go fraud category in Supporting and Rigg in Supporting

Profile picture
    Magnus
    Topics:

Exactly same prediction lol. Who you have in the lead? I have McKenzie in lead and Anya will go fraud category in Supporting and Rigg in Supporting

McKenzie in lead. Rigg and Anya in Supporting but only Rigg will get nominated.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

McKenzie in lead. Rigg and Anya in Supporting but only Rigg will get nominated.

I’m thinking Rigg will only get nominated too (if her role is big enough). Focus will put in a bigger campaign for her.

Profile picture
    Jajajajjaja
    Topics:

This could be the way or Actually McKenzie and Taylor Joy are actually the same person (McKenzie from the present and Anya is her alter ego from the past. Remember Fight Club???) with Matt Smith as her Idol. Because McKenzie persona at some point has resemblance to Anya’s character and at some moment its just McKenzie with her usual brunette hair

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 513 total)

The topic ‘Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.