Home Forums Movies Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 2)

Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 513 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
schmids
fefface
  • Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

We will see. He has 0 personal wins. He gets so many nominations but only nominations. In that sense, he is the new Martin Scorsese

I know he doesn’t have any wins, I’m speculating whether the high number of acting nominations for his films has an impact on why people want to work with him despite his documented awfulness.

Profile picture
    Lucas
    Topics:

I wonder if Swan Song, starring Mahershala Ali, Naomie Harris, Awkwafina and Glenn Close could be a big contender.  The plot is Black Mirror-esque and it’s the first feature film from this Director, but it’s backed up by Apple+ so…

I would love to see Harris in the conversation for a leading role

FYC

Best Actor: Mads Mikkelsen (Another Round)

Best Actress: Carey Mulligan (Promising Young Woman)

Profile picture
    RIDLEY SCOTT
    Topics:

I know he doesn’t have any wins, I’m speculating whether the high number of acting nominations for his films has an impact on why people want to work with him despite his documented awfulness.

OK. Probably yes. Especially actresses. George Clooney totally hates him so DOR has a weird reputation

Profile picture
    RIDLEY SCOTT
    Topics:

I wonder if Swan Song, starring Mahershala Ali, Naomie Harris, Awkwafina and Glenn Close could be a big contender. The plot is Black Mirror-esque and it’s the first feature film from this Director, but it’s backed up by Apple+ so… I would to see Harris in the conversation for a leading role

Apple is Producing several contenders: the Will Smith slavery drama, the Scorsese Epic, the Ridley Scott Epic. Apple has more money than Netflix so, at least in theory, Apple could mount huge Oscar campaigns

Profile picture
    MysticMagix
    Topics:

Has lupita dropped out of viola davis the woman king??

A little bit of Magic never hurt anybody.

~ MYSTIC

Profile picture
    DestinyFulfilled
    Topics:

Fixed it for you!!. I wonder if the likes of Hailee Steinfeld, Zendaya, Florence Pugh, Elle Fanning and Eliza Scanlen are belong to different generation than Stone, Larson, Robbie, Ronan etc???

Yep, I forgot Debecki who does belong to that group.

Zendaya, Steinfeld, Florence etc. are part of the next generation (generations with actresses mean your five-ten years apart, not 25)

Profile picture
    AjayLopez25
    Topics:

The Niorthman might be release on the year 2022 so Oscar 2023 is thier chances to shine right there?

Profile picture
    AjayLopez25
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Predictions (Oscars 2022)</p>
    Best Picture:

In The Heights

CODA

Nightmare Alley

Dune

The Tragedy Of Macbeth

The French Dispatch

The Last Duel

King Richard

Don’t Look Up

One For The Road

next-in-line:

Blonde

Next Goal Wins

Cruella

Don’t Worry Darling

The Eyes Of Tammy Faye

Respect

Eternals

West Side Story

Deep Water

Antlers

Joe Bell

Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

I wonder if Swan Song, starring Mahershala Ali, Naomie Harris, Awkwafina and Glenn Close could be a big contender. The plot is Black Mirror-esque and it’s the first feature film from this Director, but it’s backed up by Apple+ so…

I would to see Harris in the conversation for a leading role

No, i don’t think it will make any impact especially since next year will be so packed in terms of contenders that i’m sure a sci-fi directed by a first time director starring some Mahershala Ali won’t be anyone’s priority.

Profile picture
    AjayLopez25
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Predictions (Oscars 2022)</p>
    Best Director:

Jon M. Chu (In The Heights)

Nattawut Poonpiriya (One For The Road)

Wes Anderson (The French Dispatch

Denis Villenueve (Dune)

Sian Heder (CODA)

next-in-line:

Guillermo Del Toro (Nightmare Alley)

Adam McKay (Don’t Look Up)

Joel Coen (The Tragedy Of Macbeth)

Edgar Wright (Last Night In Soho)

Joe Wright (The Woman In The Window)

Profile picture
    schmids
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Predictions (Oscars 2022)</p> Best Director: Jon M. Chu (In The Heights) Nattawut Poonpiriya (One For The Road) Wes Anderson (The French Dispatch Denis Villenueve (Dune) Sian Heder (CODA) next-in-line: Guillermo Del Toro (Nightmare Alley) Adam McKay (Don’t Look Up) Joel Coen (The Tragedy Of Macbeth) Edgar Wright (Last Night In Soho) Joe Wright (The Woman In The Window)

Intriguing picks! Interested to see what you think the acting categories will look like.

Profile picture
    AjayLopez25
    Topics:

Predictions (Oscars 2022)

Best Actor:

Will Smith (King Richard)

Denzel Washington (The Tragedy Of Macbeth)

Michael Fassbender (Next Goal Wins)

Jeremy T. Thomas (Antlers)

Bradley Cooper (Nightmare Alley)

next-in-line:

Mark Wahlberg (Joe Bell)

Timothée Chalamet (Dune)

Leonardo DiCaprio (Don’t Look Up)

Harry Styles (Don’t Worry Darling)

Ansel Elgort (West Side Story)

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The Niorthman might be release on the year 2022 so Oscar 2023 is thier chances to shine right there?

I believe it’s been confirmed for 2021. It finished shooting last month.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

I think In the Heights will be a big contender. I don’t think it’ll win anything above the line, but it seems like it’ll be the type of Black Panther-esque cultural phenomenon that combines critical praise and popular hype. Especially because this year is lacking in really any feel-good contenders, voters will be itching for something fun and bright and inspiring as the world begins its shift back to normal, and this’ll fit the bill. The Academy doesn’t love musical performances in Actor as much, but I think Ramos will squeeze in. They’ll also almost definitely be giving Lin-Manuel the Oscar for the original song (and it’ll be a great moment for them when this year’s winner Leslie Odom Jr. is able to present and hand it off to his former co-star).

Profile picture
    M: The Original
    Topics:

I wonder if Swan Song, starring Mahershala Ali, Naomie Harris, Awkwafina and Glenn Close could be a big contender. The plot is Black Mirror-esque and it’s the first feature film from this Director, but it’s backed up by Apple+ so…

I would to see Harris in the conversation for a leading role

Ali is getting the early hype which is strange considering the position he’s in as a two-time supporting actor winner. Hopefully this is an additional nod for Close.

Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 513 total)

The topic ‘Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.