Home Forums Movies Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 3)

Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 519 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
6 days ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
fefface
schmids
  • Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

Lady Gaga should ask Gillian Anderson if she can borrow her box from The X Files.

The Gillyboard! Apparently that’s now common parlance in Canadian TV production.

Is Maggie Gyllenhaal also the writer of The Lost Daughter?

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Yep. She’s adapted a story by Elena Ferrante.

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

Actor:

1. Adam Driver (Annette)

2. Christian Bale (Amsterdam)

3. Leonardo DiCaprio (Don’t Look Up)

4. Denzel Washington (The Tragedy of Macbeth)

5. Benedict Cumberbatch (The Power of The Dog)

Actress:

1. Kirsten Dunst (The Power of The Dog)

2. Margot Robbie (Amsterdam)

3. Kristen Stewart (Spencer)

4. Jennifer Lawrence (Don’t Look Up)

5. Frances McDormand (The Tragedy of Macbeth)

Profile picture
    Croman
    Topics:

Martha Plimpton in Mass is Hopkins-The Father level type acting. She should easily be in the top 5 best actress contenders

Profile picture
    Miles
    Topics:

I think Margot Robbie is going to win Best Actress. She’s at the perfect point in her career to win and DOR has directed 3 Oscar winning performances.

Profile picture
    Croman
    Topics:

I think Margot Robbie is going to win Best Actress. She’s at the perfect point in her career to win and DOR has directed 3 Oscar winning performances.

Nah, no one’s stopping Plimpton, she has that “working actress whose gone under the radar for so long who finally deserves recognition” narrative going for her

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Lol, I think David O Russell is actually the biggest ding against her winning. He’s not an it-director anymore, he’s just not. The mediocrity of films like American Hustle and Joy have caught up to most people I’ve spoken to.

Profile picture
    Mickmack
    Topics:

People really trying with Robbie. She’s already gotten away with a nomination for a subpar performance. That’s enough!

Profile picture
    schmids
    Topics:

Nah, no one’s stopping Plimpton, she has that “working actress whose gone under the radar for so long who finally deserves recognition” narrative going for her

Yeah but recent years haven’t been kind to Sundance contenders – this year is an outlier of course.

Profile picture
    Rmcd8
    Topics:

Robbie is way more likely to win for lead the following year in Babylon (the Damien Chazelle old Hollywood epic) than a large DOR ensemble cast.

I agree with the list but 100% don’t see Kristen Stewart getting nominated. More likely to be Gaga, JHud or Halle. For Gaga it will depend on how strong her film is. Jennifer Lawrence could also be pushed out the top 5 by the right performance I think.

I totally agree/see this though:

1. Adam Driver (Annette)

2. Christian Bale (Amsterdam)

3. Leonardo DiCaprio (Don’t Look Up)

4. Denzel Washington (The Tragedy of Macbeth)

5. Benedict Cumberbatch (The Power of The Dog)

Profile picture
    Cordelia
    Topics:

I don’t buy overdue narratives for Cooper or Driver yet. They’re both relatively young and weren’t egregiously snubbed for anything. They’ll win when the role comes, not based on a “it’s time” as of this race.

When Amy Adams and Anette Benning get their Oscars then we can put these in a conversation. Cooper, come up with a second performance, the same one got old. Driver, give it half a decade.

For Your Consideration:

Best Picture: Wolfwalkers

Best Animated Feature: Wolfwalkers

Profile picture
    Rmcd8
    Topics:

I don’t buy overdue narratives for Cooper or Driver yet. They’re both relatively young and weren’t egregiously snubbed for anything. They’ll win when the role comes, not based on a “it’s time” as of this race. When Amy Adams and Anette Benning get their Oscars then we can put these in a conversation. Cooper, come up with a second performance, the same one got old. Driver, give it half a decade.

I don’t think either Driver or Cooper really fit the overdue narrative. But timing feels right for Driver (esp given what happened last year) – he’s in his prime and has already delivered an oscar-worthy performance. Cooper needs the right performance still I agree, he hasn’t even deserved all his noms, nevermind a win. I don’t think Margot is overdue either – but the similar “it’s her time” narrative could win it for her in the next few years.

Profile picture
    Chitanda170
    Topics:

I want Bradley Cooper to win because his thirst for an Oscar is getting irritating and coming across as patronising at this point.

Bradley Cooper said in a recent interview that he realized now the awards are meaningless, i don´t know if this is an strategy or he was sincere

Profile picture
    Rmcd8
    Topics:

I haven’t seen anyone suggest Corey Hawkins for best supporting which surprises me. If Frances and Denzel don’t get anything for MacBeth I am quietly confident his or Gleeson’s is the oscar-winning performance.

Profile picture
    schmids
    Topics:

Bradley Cooper said in a recent interview that he realized now the awards are meaningless, i don´t know if this is an strategy or he was sincere

He did say that but his standpoint seems to be based on the fact he expected to get a Directing nomination for ASIB and didn’t, so I’m not sure how sincere it is.

I haven’t seen anyone suggest Corey Hawkins for best supporting which surprises me. If Frances and Denzel don’t get anything for MacBeth I am quietly confident his or Gleeson’s is the oscar-winning performance.

Not likely to be Gleeson as Duncan is only in Act 1. Hawkins could get there however.

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 519 total)

The topic ‘Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.