Home Forums Movies Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 3)

Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 516 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
fefface
schmids
  • Profile picture
    schmids
    Topics:

Fincher said Mindhunter was expensive and its Netflix viewing numbers were too low. I think it’s the truth because his new Thriller starring Fassbender is produced by Netflix too.

Such a shame, I loved that show.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The 2022 Oscars already look more exciting than 2021 and that’s saying something considering how a lot of these movies will be moving to 2022. Because even then the likes of <i>The Power of the Dog </i>and Annette feel more exciting than Mank and <i>The Trial of the Chicago 7</i>.

That’s not to throw a dig at all the film’s in contention this year. I have enjoyed some of them like The FatherPromising Young Woman and Minari but these films that are competing next year seem more exciting. It feels like this upcoming season is too good to be true.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Mickmack
    Topics:

Lets just move to the 2022 Oscar race, so much more exciting and interesting. When a snoozefest like Nomadland is the front runner it tells you everything you need to know about this awards season.

Profile picture
    walkinuniverse
    Topics:

I do wonder if they’ll extend the eligibility timeline same with this season. It’s probably best if they go back to the normal December cut-off considering the amount of films in contention for the rest of 2021. Either way, it is looking really good. I can prolly list more than 20 films that I anticipate to be good-great although a few of them might flop.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

They honestly should not extend the timeline. It was a disaster this time around and no one wants an extended season of campaigning.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    eric
    Topics:

BEST ACTOR

• Denzel Washington – The Tragedy of Macbeth
    • Leonardo DiCaprio – Don’t Look Up
    • Benedict Cumberbatch – The Power of the Dog
    • Ben Platt – Dear Evan Hansen
    • Adam Driver – House of Gucci

BEST ACTRESS

• Lady Gaga – House of Gucci
    • Jennifer Lawrence – Don’t Look Up
    • Frances McDormand – The Tragedy of Macbeth
    • Kirsten Dunst – The Power of the Dog
    • Jennifer Hudson – Respect
    Profile picture
    DestinyFulfilled
    Topics:

Bradley Cooper said in a recent interview that he realized now the awards are meaningless, i don´t know if this is an strategy or he was sincere

LOL…coming from the guy who would likely sell one of his kidneys to finally win one…

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Lets just move to the 2022 Oscar race, so much more exciting and interesting. When a snoozefest like Nomadland is the front runner it tells you everything you need to know about this awards season.

I do agree about the move
    But.. Nomadland would be one of the best BP this century, just saying.

For Your Emmy Consideration:
    Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" as Leading Actor in a Drama Series
    Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird" as Leading Actor in a Limited Series
    Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" as Leading and Supporting actress in Limited Series
    Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" as Supporting Actor in a Drama Series.
    MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" as Leading Actress in a Drama Series.

Profile picture
    mansos
    Topics:

What film do you guys believe to be the most likely best picture winner?

I know it’s early, but for the life of me I can’t think of a frontrunner at this point and I go back and forth on a lot of them.

Right now I have these as my predicted nominees:

• Amsterdam (or Canterbury Glass or whatever it is called atm)
    • Don’t Look Up
    • Dune
    • The French Dispatch
    • Gucci
    • Last Night in Soho
    • Nightmare Alley
    • The Power of the Dog
    • Soggy Bottom
    • The Tragedy of Macbeth

I could see Spencer making it in there, too. But none of these screams winner for me. I would love to see a PTA film win, but Soggy Bottom doesn’t seem like the film he’ll be rewarded for. I could actually see Villeneuve win best director in a split, but Dune as a best picture winner? Nah.

As of right now I’m leaning a little more towards The French Dispatch or Nightmare Alley. Maybe The Power of the Dog too but honestly I have no clue.

So what is your take on it?

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

With regards to my predictions (which I made a few weeks ago for this category so I may update it in a few weeks) I have <i>The Power of the Dog</i> as the frontrunner. As long as it doesn’t disappoint it looks like it can be the Birdman/Moonlight/<i>Shape of Water</i>/Nomadland type of this year where it’s a genuinely well executed film that critics adore and has a level of respect towards the artist behind it (in this case Jane Campion).

However I have The French Dispatch as a potential spoiler. It’s about the free press, it’s been one of the most anticipated films to come out for a while now, it’s Wes Anderson (who is overdue) and it’s a comedy which can help in a year where people are trying to move away from Covid.

Last Night in SoHo‘s chances at a win (and a nomination overall although I am bullish about its chances) depends on how genrey it is. I guess it theoretically could do well on the ranked ballot but no one knows a thing about this movie and for all we know it could be a love/hate situation but it does strike me as one that could be a crowdpleaser.

Don’t Look Up feels like the normal type of top 6 Adam McKay film that is respected but ultimately too populist a choice and too divisive to win. I have no idea about the others. The Tragedy of Macbeth is possible but again we don’t know much about this film at all. I don’t think Dune stands a chance at a win.

Nightmare Alley seems safe-ish for the nomination but it strikes me as the A Star is Born/Mank/The Irishman type of early frontrunner that under-performs.

Profile picture
    Rmcd8
    Topics:

Power of the Dog I have as BP and director front runner

Profile picture
    RIDLEY SCOTT
    Topics:

BEST ACTOR

• Denzel Washington – The Tragedy of Macbeth
    • Leonardo DiCaprio – Don’t Look Up
    • Benedict Cumberbatch – The Power of the Dog
    • Ben Platt – Dear Evan Hansen
    • Adam Driver – House of Gucci

BEST ACTRESS

• Lady Gaga – House of Gucci
    • Jennifer Lawrence – Don’t Look Up
    • Frances McDormand – The Tragedy of Macbeth
    • Kirsten Dunst – The Power of the Dog
    • Jennifer Hudson – Respect

I agree. It feels Denzel is the favourite. AMPAS love him and Denzel is the American DDL. About the women I don’t sure but Lady Gaga could win for HOUSE OF GUCCI.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Lady Gaga has a better chance now she’s not playing a singer this time round but I just can’t buy her winning. She may be excellent but it feels like it would have to be a very undeniable performance for someone of her status to win.

Profile picture
    Melvinezq
    Topics:

I need Cumberbatch to win the actor award. He’s more than Doctor Strange and everyone, most importantly Marvel’s fandom, needs to know that. He’s done masterful works in theatre and TV. People should stop seeing him as secondary actor to Marvel’s biggest asset, which is actually not their best.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

He’s done masterful works in theatre and TV.

He was phenomenal in Patrick Melrose.

Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 516 total)

The topic ‘Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.