Home Forums Movies Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 3)

Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 516 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
fefface
schmids
  • Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

For now potential top 5 BP contenders:

1. The Power of The Dog

2. The French Dispatch

3. Don’t Look Up

4. Amsterdam

5. Last Night in Soho

Profile picture
    Igor Alves
    Topics:

Stefani Germanotta is not winning acting Oscar anytime soon. Why? Two words: Ridley Scott. He isn’t what he used to be anymore. He hasn’t had critically acclaimed movie in 20 years.

The Martian was his last true hit actually, but yes, he’s very hit and miss (and more miss than hit). I looked up the screenwriter and it’s a guy who never even wrote a movie before, the last thing he wrote was a short 12 years ago. So weird how they didn’t even give it to an experienced writer to rewrite it or something.

That has me… a little skeptical.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

For now potential top 5 BP contenders: 1. The Power of The Dog 2. The French Dispatch 3. Don’t Look Up 4. Amsterdam 5. Last Night in Soho

Agree with this but I don’t see Amsterdam being that high for Picture. I think Robbie can win and it will get lots of acting nominations but I can see it miss Picture or end up 9th.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Lucas
    Topics:

Stefani Germanotta is not winning acting Oscar anytime soon. Why? Two words: Ridley Scott. He isn’t what he used to be anymore. He hasn’t had critically acclaimed movie in 20 years.

The Martian wasn’t pretty successful? Also, the screenwriter is a nobody, so we just don’t know. We have to give it the benefit of the doubt.

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

I think I’m the only one who thinks Don’t Look Up smells like a huge misfire.

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

As others have said, The Martian (seven Oscar nominations) exists.

Profile picture
    Igor Alves
    Topics:

My feeling is that it’s gonna be a big commercial hit but so-so critically wise. If anyone gets a nom, it’s probably Meryl.

Profile picture
    LawC
    Topics:

It smells more like a Netflix ratings smash than major Oscar contender to me.

But with the names involved, and Netflix’s (assumed) push, it could still show up in many places even with meh reviews, unless it’s like universally panned

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

I’m not currently predicting DLU to get in anywhere above the line at the Oscars. I think it’ll get a few Globe nominations cause the HFPA will check off the big stars in Comedy, but I don’t think it’ll win anything, and I don’t see it moving much further past that. Streep is their best shot, but the character she’s playing sounds either really fun or completely cringe-worthy. We’ll have to see.

Emmys FYC: Maya Erskine in PEN15, Paapa Essiedu in I May Destroy You, Keeley Hawes in It's a Sin, Carl Lumbly in TFATWS, Cristin Milioti in Made for Love, Elizabeth Olsen in WandaVision, Billie Piper in I Hate Suzie, Hailee Steinfeld in Dickinson, William Zabka in Cobra Kai

Profile picture
    Jajajajjaja
    Topics:

Last Night in SoHo‘s chances at a win (and a nomination overall although I am bullish about its chances) depends on how genrey it is. I guess it theoretically could do well on the ranked ballot but no one knows a thing about this movie and for all we know it could be a love/hate situation but it does strike me as one that could be a crowdpleaser.

Well with the current outcome of Get Out and Black Swan its possible, but Us also exists. Soho has a big shot for technical nominations. Oddly im rooting for all the ladies in acting category and have an Odd confidence that Mczkenzie and Taylor-Joy will give us Natalie Portman and Mila Kunis (the latter i think should have been nominated for supporting actress).

On separate note, is it wrong to root either Dont Look Up or New David O Russell movie to stink? Lmao

Profile picture
    oscarin7
    Topics:

umm you ain’t the only one…

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

I think Margot has the Comedy Globe virtually locked up.

Emmys FYC: Maya Erskine in PEN15, Paapa Essiedu in I May Destroy You, Keeley Hawes in It's a Sin, Carl Lumbly in TFATWS, Cristin Milioti in Made for Love, Elizabeth Olsen in WandaVision, Billie Piper in I Hate Suzie, Hailee Steinfeld in Dickinson, William Zabka in Cobra Kai

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I think Margot has the Comedy Globe virtually locked up.

This is what I am thinking too. I mean who else is there to beat her? Lawrence feels like she’ll just get the 4th slot at best and the other names being floated around don’t seem like Oscar contenders.

I think the Drama Globe will go to Kirsten (the Globes love “moments” and “overdue narratives”) and the Comedy Globe will go to Margot (one of the biggest stars in Hollywood right now and someone who people seem to be dying to award). And that the race will be between the two. Whilst I’m not predicting it I can see it come down to the race being tight between the two with Margot winning the BAFTA and Kirsten winning SAG.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    oscarin7
    Topics:

This is what I am thinking too. I mean who else is there to beat her? Lawrence feels like she’ll just get the 4th slot at best and the other names being floated around don’t seem like Oscar contenders. I think the Drama Globe will go to Kirsten (the Globes love “moments” and “overdue narratives”) and the Comedy Globe will go to Margot (one of the biggest stars in Hollywood right now and someone who people seem to be dying to award). And that the race will be between the two. Whilst I’m not predicting it I can see it come down to the race being tight between the two with Margot winning the BAFTA and Kirsten winning SAG.

Nothing would make me happier than Margot winning an Oscar. She’s an amazing actress and seems like a lovely person. Let’s see if her performance lives up to the hype.

Profile picture
    OneAndOnly
    Topics:

SAG Ensemble will be a bloodbath.

Also will be interesting for the Globe Comedy category. Usually pretty barren, but this year they have:

Annette
    Barb and Star Go To Vista Del Mar (potentially)
    Cinderella
    C’mon C’mon
    Coming 2 America
    Cruella
    Canterbury Glass
    Dear Evan Hansen
    Don’t Look Up
    The French Dispatch
    In the Heights
    Next Goal Wins
    West Side Story 

Plus probably a few more.

My predictions.

Have a great day if you see this!

FYC: Ted Lasso

Straight/BLM

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 516 total)

The topic ‘Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.