Home Forums Movies Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 3)

Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 516 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
fefface
schmids
  • Profile picture
    Rmcd8
    Topics:

At the moment I’m thinking. Picture: <i>The Power of the Dog </i>vs The French Dispatch Director: Jane Campion vs Wes Anderson Actor: Adam Driver vs Denzel Washington Actress: Kirsten Dunst vs Margot Robbie S. Actor: Willem Dafoe vs ? S. Actress: Jodie Comer vs Diana Rigg Original Screenplay: The French Dispatch vs Last Night in SoHoo Adapted Screenplay: The Power of the Dog vs The Tragedy of Macbeth

Willem Dafoe vs Corey Hawkins? If Denzel and Frances don’t win, someone from MacBeth surely will – the entire film is pretty much solely an acting showcase due to how it is shot. And Hawkins is an amazing actor.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

You… read the script???

Should have put that it was just speculation actually haha because the promos seem to indicate her role being “interesting” and Wright stated in an interview recently that it’s a role Taylor-Joy “hasn’t played before” so I assumed there might be something there.

I guess what I meant more in my post about Taylor-Joy in supporting is also that from all we know she seems to be the co-lead of this film who might fraud herself into supporting (à la Ali, Pitt, Stone, Kaluuya etc). So I meant more that it will be interesting if they do actually push Rigg.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Jajajajjaja
    Topics:

Should have put that it was just speculation actually haha because the promos seem to indicate her role being “interesting” and Wright stated in an interview recently that it’s a role Taylor-Joy “hasn’t played before” so I assumed there might be something there. I guess what I meant more in my post about Taylor-Joy in supporting is also that from all we know she seems to be the co-lead of this film who might fraud herself into supporting (à la Ali, Pitt, Stone, Kaluuya etc). So I meant more that it will be interesting if they do actually push Rigg.

As i mentioned it before it seems like a Fight Club situation. Though i could really see a scenario where Focus would Campaign Anya in lead instead of McKenzie given the Former is a current flavor of the month after her sudden rise for Queens Gambit. This might be controversial, but perhaps Anya is featured more in Promos than McKenzie because Anya is more attractive??

I mean McKenzie was also having a big breakthrough last year with Jojo Rabbit but Queens Gambit is a huge(like really huge) hit. Focus also seem to play their card in case the principal lead’s buzz is ruined by other movie (That new Shyamalan movie)

On the side note, is it possible that someone’s buzz is ruined because of another movie he/she was in was bad (with taking account his/her performance)??

Profile picture
    Butz
    Topics:

As i mentioned it before it seems like a Fight Club situation. Though i could really see a scenario where Focus would Campaign Anya in lead instead of McKenzie given the Former is a current flavor of the month after her sudden rise for Queens Gambit. This might be controversial, but perhaps Anya is featured more in Promos than McKenzie because Anya is more attractive??

I mean McKenzie was also having a big breakthrough last year with Jojo Rabbit but Queens Gambit is a huge(like really huge) hit. Focus also seem to play their card in case the principal lead’s buzz is ruined by other movie (That new Shyamalan movie)

On the side note, is it possible that someone’s buzz is ruined because of another movie he/she was in was bad (with taking account his/her performance)??

Some people say Eddie Murphy would have won for Dreamgirls had Norbit not come out in the same year.

Letterboxd: Ray_In_Bruges

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I guess it is a possibility. One could argue Lily Collins’ buzz for Mank was hurt by Emily in Paris (although I’d argue personally that buzz was almost non existent) but Sandra Bullock won a Razzie and an Oscar in the same year. Melissa McCarthy is a multi Razzie nominated and winning performer (who I believe won both the Worst Actress and Razzie Redeemer award the year she got nominated at the Oscars for Can You Ever <i>Forgive Me</i> !) yet she has had no issues.

However you raise an interesting point in general because the Oscars are still very much a popularity contest (even if they seem to be becoming less so nowadays). Jennifer Lopez and Adam Sandler didn’t do well last year because they weren’t well respected as performers and won multiple Razzies. So with some of the names floated around this year it will be interesting to see how well they do next year.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Jajajajjaja
    Topics:

taking

Well. This is actually why Im beginning to doubt McKenzie chances in Lead for Soho. She will be in that Shyamalan movie and from the first look, im not fairly confident that she will give great performance in there and possibly ruined her buzz for Soho though she doesnt have any lines in the first look. Her co stars like Vicky Krieps, however, already looking like a Razzie Contender and giving me the PTSD of The Happening lmao.

Profile picture
    walkinuniverse
    Topics:

I know this thread is for the Oscars but since there is no thread for the Very Early GG Predictions, I’m going to post mine here.

2022 GOLDEN GLOBE PREDICTIONS

PICTURE (Comedy/Musical)
    1. The French Dispatch
    2. In The Heights
    3. Next Goal Wins
    4. Don’t Look Up
    5. Annette

Alt: West Side Story, Amsterdam, Dear Evan Hansen

PICTURE (Drama)
    1. The Power of the Dog
    2. Gucci
    3. Last Night in Soho
    4. Nightmare Alley
    5. The Tragedy of Macbeth

Alt: The Last Duel, Soggy Bottom, The Card Counter

DIRECTOR
    1. Ridley Scott, Gucci
    2. Jane Campion, The Power of the Dog
    3. Wes Anderson, The French Dispatch
    4. Edgar Wright, Last Night in Soho
    5. Guillermo Del Toro, Nightmare Alley

SCREENPLAY
    1. Jane Campion, The Power of the Dog
    2. Wes Anderson, The French Dispatch
    3. Guillermo Del Toro & Kim Morgan, Nightmare Alley
    4. Adam McKay, Don’t Look Up
    5. Taika Waititi & Iain Morris, Next Goal Wins

LEAD ACTOR (Comedy/Musical)
    1. Adam Driver, Annette
    2. Michael Fassbender, Next Goal Wins
    3. Anthony Ramos, In The Heights
    4. Leonardo Dicaprio, Don’t Look Up
    5. Christian Bale, Amsterdam

LEAD ACTOR (Drama)
    1. Benedict Cumberbatch, The Power of the Dog
    2. Bradley Cooper, Nightmare Alley
    3. Oscar Isaac, The Card Counter
    4. Adam Driver, Gucci
    5. Denzel Washington, The Tragedy of Macbeth

LEAD ACTRESS (Comedy/Musical)
    1. Jennifer Lawrence, Don’t Look Up
    2. Margot Robbie, Amsterdam
    3. Rachel Zegler, West Side Story
    4. Ana De Armas, Blonde
    5. Jessica Chastain, The Eyes of Tammy Faye

LEAD ACTRESS (Drama)
    1. Lady Gaga, Gucci
    2. Kirsten Dunst, The Power of the Dog
    3. Jodie Comer, The Last Duel
    4. Frances McDormand, The Tragedy of Macbeth
    5. Florence Pugh, Don’t Worry Darling

SUPPORTING ACTOR
    1. Adam Driver, The Last Duel
    2. Jesse Plemons, The Power of The Dog
    3. Stellan Skarsgard, Dune
    4. Willem Dafoe, The Card Counter
    5. Jared Leto, Gucci

SUPPORTING ACTRESS
    1. Anya Taylor-Joy, Last Night in Soho
    2. Elizabeth Moss, Next Goal Wins
    3. Toni Collete, Nightmare Alley
    4. Marion Cotillard, Annette
    5. Cate Blanchett, Nightmare Alley

Profile picture
    AjayLopez25
    Topics:

my Oscars 2021 predictions

Picture:

In The Heights

Mass

The Tragedy Of Macbeth

House Of Gucci

Dune

Nightmare Alley

CODA

The French Dispatch

Everybody’s Talking About Jamie

The Many Saints Of Newark

next-in-line:

King Richard

Respect

Blonde

Next Goal Wins

Don’t Look Up

Passing

Don’t Worry Darling

Shiva Baby

The Green Knight

Eternals

other contenders:

The Northman

West Side Story

The Power Of The Dog

Annette

The Last Duel

Bruised

The Woman In The Window

Pinocchio

The Duke

Last Night In Soho

Profile picture
    AjayLopez25
    Topics:

my Oscars 2022 predictions

Director:

Jon M. Chu, ‘In The Heights’

Fran Kranz, ‘Mass’

Guillermo Del Toro, ‘Nightmare Alley’

Joel Coen, ‘The Tragedy Of Macbeth’

Wes Anderson, ‘The French Dispatch’

next-in-line:

Taika Waititi, ‘Next Goal Wins’

Chloé Zhao, ‘Eternals’

Ridley Scott, ‘House Of Gucci’

Baz Poonpiriya, ‘One For The Road’

Olivia Wilde, ‘Don’t Worry Darling’

other contenders:

Jonathan Butterell, ‘Everybody’s Talking About Jamie’

Adam McKay, ‘Don’t Look Up’

Rebecca Hall, ‘Passing’

Reinaldo Marcus Green, ‘King Richard’

Halle Berry, ‘Bruised’

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

Found on AW: we might get a first look at Annette as early as next week:

‘At the EFM online, Kinology will undoubtedly create the event by unveiling trailers for two highly anticipated films: Bergman Island by Mia Hansen-Løve (with its very high-end cast including Luxembourgish Vicky Krieps, Englishman Tim Roth , Australian Mia Wasikowska and Norwegian Anders Danielsen Lie) and Annette of Leos Carax (with world stars Adam Driver and Marion Cotillard headlining)’

https://cineuropa.org/fr/newsdetail/398116/

Profile picture
    Rmcd8
    Topics:

These are mine in full:

PICTURE 
    1. The Power of the Dog

2. The French Dispatch

3. The Tragedy of Macbeth

4. Nightmare Alley

5. Amsterdam

6. Don’t Look Up

7. Last Night in Soho

8. Annette

9. House of Gucci

Alt: In The Heights, Next Goal Wins, The Card Counter, The Last Duel

DIRECTOR
    1. Jane Campion, The Power of the Dog

2. Wes Anderson, The French Dispatch

3. Guillermo Del Toro, Nightmare Alley

4. Ridley Scott, House of Gucci

5. Edgar Wright, Last Night in Soho

Alt: Joel Cohen/The Tragedy of Macbeth, Leos Carax/Annette

LEAD ACTOR 
    1. Denzel Washington, The Tragedy of Macbeth

2. Adam Driver, Annette

3. Benedict Cumberbatch, The Power of the Dog

4. Leonardo Dicaprio, Don’t Look Up

5. Christian Bale, Amsterdam

Alt: Bradley Cooper/Nightmare Alley, Oscar Isaac/The Card Counter

LEAD ACTRESS
    1. Kirsten Dunst, The Power of the Dog

2. Frances McDormand, The Tragedy of Macbeth

3. Margot Robbie, Amsterdam

4. Lady Gaga, House of Gucci

5. Jennifer Lawrence, Don’t Look Up
    Alt: Jodie Comer/The Last Duel, Jennifer Hudson/Respect

SUPPORTING ACTOR
    1. Adam Driver, The Last Duel (OR Gucci category fraud)

2. Willem Dafoe, The Card Counter

3. Jesse Plemons, The Power of The Dog

4. Corey Hawkins, The Tragedy of Macbeth

5. Al Pacino, The House of Gucci

SUPPORTING ACTRESS

1. Toni Collete, Nightmare Alley

2. Cate Blanchett, Nightmare Alley

3. Anya Taylor-Joy, Last Night in Soho

4. Elizabeth Moss, Next Goal Wins

5.  Moses Ingram, The Tragedy of Macbeth

A lot of mine hinges on whether Annette is an Oscar contender. If it is I would say Adam would be my lead actor frontrunner, and Willem Dafoe my supporting actor front runner. If not then Denzel for lead, and Adam for supporting.

I am extremely bullish about Power of the Dog’s chances in Director and Best Picture, as well as being a major threat in all acting categories, depending on how they placed as lead or supporting. I also think the Macbeth cast could go 4/4 on getting acting nominations for all categories.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

3. Anya Taylor-Joy, Last Night in Soho

5.  Moses Ingram, The Tragedy of Macbeth

The Queen’s Gambit reunion anyone?

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

I also think the Macbeth cast could go 4/4 on getting acting nominations for all categories.

Moses Ingram would be a long shot. Of course people have won Supporting Oscars for one-scene performances before and hers is a particularly meaty scene but every category is going to be so stacked it will be very difficult.

There’s also the possibility (albeit small) that McDormand gets campaigned Supporting. One of those roles that could go either way.

Profile picture
    Rmcd8
    Topics:

Moses Ingram would be a long shot. Of course people have won Supporting Oscars for one-scene performances before and hers is a particularly meaty scene but every category is going to be so stacked it will be very difficult. There’s also the possibility (albeit small) that McDormand gets campaigned Supporting. One of those roles that could go either way.

True but different versions can and have expanded the Lady MacDuff role though – I could seem them doing an adaptation with bigger parts for the supporting cast. Given it’s shot entirely on sound stages and is essentially an acting vehicle, why not showcase the range of the cast? Let’s see. I plan to keep her in a supporting nom slot for now.

Also I said 4/4 on nominations, not wins. If anyone wins it’ll be Denzel.

Profile picture
    schmids
    Topics:

Found on AW: we might get a first look at Annette as early as next week: ‘At the EFM online, Kinology will undoubtedly create the event by unveiling trailers for two highly anticipated films: Bergman Island by Mia Hansen-Løve (with its very high-end cast including Luxembourgish Vicky Krieps, Englishman Tim Roth , Australian Mia Wasikowska and Norwegian Anders Danielsen Lie) and Annette of Leos Carax (with world stars Adam Driver and Marion Cotillard headlining)’ https://cineuropa.org/fr/newsdetail/398116/

Probably only going to be shown to industry types and not publicly released but we may get reactions, Tweets or even a leak if we’re extremely lucky. Can’t wait to have a better idea of just how weird this is going to be.

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 516 total)

The topic ‘Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.