Home Forums Movies Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 3)

Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 516 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
fefface
schmids
  • Profile picture
    Jajajajjaja
    Topics:

I don’t want to spoil the book but they kinda…can’t, because of their gender. McPhee is Kirsten Dunst’s character’s son—he’s the basis of the final act of the novel because of a very important reason to do with his gender. It’s very possible Mckenzie has a killer role, but it won’t be anywhere near as big as McPhee’s.

Fine though, im just pointing out possibilities since McPhee hasn’t done anything memorable in the last couple years apart from X-Men flops (to be fair, he was great with shitty material he had to work with) while McKenzie has been in great run since her breaktrough in Leave No Trace and Buzzier than McPhee as for now.

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Fine though, im just pointing out possibilities since McPhee hasn’t done anything memorable in the last couple years apart from X-Men flops (to be fair, he was great with shitty material he had to work with) while McKenzie has been in great run since her breaktrough in Leave No Trace and Buzzier than McPhee as for now.

I agree with you but that’s beside the point. He has a fantastic role. It is far more likely to be a big deal for him than for McKenzie, regardless of the fact that we like McKenzie a lot more.

Profile picture
    Jajajajjaja
    Topics:

I agree with you but that’s beside the point. He has a fantastic role. It is far more likely to be a big deal for him than for McKenzie, regardless of the fact that we like McKenzie a lot more.

Fair enough. Lets see and hope it doesnt stinks like Hillbily Elegy

Profile picture
    schmids
    Topics:

Will be interesting to see what chance Elisabeth Moss has for Next Goal Wins. She may be helped by also being in The French Dispatch this year. She fits the mould of career wins in supporting.

And she apparently dropped out of Dunst’s role in The Power of the Dog because she was committed to Next Goal Wins so there must be something in it. Either that or she just couldn’t get out of it.

Profile picture
    Vince Angelo
    Topics:

Will Places, please compete this season? If so, I wouldn’t count out Streep. This is a baity role. Kinda like Margo Channing with slightly less balls.

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

Will Places, please compete this season? If so, I wouldn’t count out Streep. This is a baity role. Kinda like Margo Channing with slightly less balls.

It’s not shooting until summer so I doubt it.

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

(By likeliness of nomination, not win.) 8. Andrew Garfield in The Eyes of Tammy Faye 9. Jonathan Majors in The Harder They Fall 10. Al Pacino in House of Gucci

Al Pacino is not Lead in Gucci.

Profile picture
    walkinuniverse
    Topics:

I am starting to consider Eternals for nominations in Best Picture and Best Director along with a few technicals/crafts (Visual Effects, Costume Design, Cinematography, Score and Film Editing) as of now judging from the fact that it is getting early praise.

Profile picture
    Melvinezq
    Topics:

I am starting to consider Eternals for nominations in Best Picture and Best Director along with a few technicals/crafts (Visual Effects, Costume Design, Cinematography, Score and Film Editing) as of now judging from the fact that it is getting early praise.

Even Marvel got put under the spell of Chloe Zhao. That tells how incredible she is as a storyteller. If she wins the director prize this year, it will be the first (?) Marvel film directed by Academy-Award-winning director. All the actors’ interview up to today have always been raves and praises. What I hope is that more cinephiles will watch this film than the regular fan just to make sure that the cinema will not be full of the snores of the unappreciative people.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

And she apparently dropped out of Dunst’s role in The Power of the Dog because she was committed to Next Goal Wins so there must be something in it. Either that or she just couldn’t get out of it.

Yeah.

I was surprised she was offered Dunst’s role (because she’s so scarcely given roles on film) but then I remembered she worked with Campion on Top of the Lake.

I think what helps Moss in particular is she has a similar narrative to Dunst (an overdue under appreciated performer who has been delivering strong performances since they were a child). The only difference is that Dunst is now obviously more overdue than Moss considering Moss now has 2 Emmys.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

Supporting Actor:

1. Willem Dafoe (The Card Counter)

2. Al Pacino (House of Gucci)

3. Jesse Plemons (The Power of The Dog)

4. John David Washington (Amsterdam)

5. Richard Jenkins (Nightmare Alley)

Profile picture
    musiccisum
    Topics:

do you guys think florence pugh will be a serious conteder for a best actress nom for don’t worry darling?

Profile picture
    walkinuniverse
    Topics:

Even Marvel got put under the spell of Chloe Zhao. That tells how incredible she is as a storyteller. If she wins the director prize this year, it will be the first (?) Marvel film directed by Academy-Award-winning director. All the actors’ interview up to today have always been raves and praises. What I hope is that more cinephiles will watch this film than the regular fan just to make sure that the cinema will not be full of the snores of the unappreciative people.

Apparently, Joshua James Richard (the cinematographer of Nomadland) said that Eternals is similarly shot with natural lighting with wide landscapes to integrate some visual effects although they relied mostly on practical effects.
    Chloe Zhao is given creative freedom and most of the time, Marvel delivers with this as evidenced by Taika Waititi doing Thor: Ragnarok and Ryan Coogler for Black Panther.
    The casting of Eternals alone is quite a feat already having the first deaf and gay superhero which will make some rounds.

I have a feeling Kevin Feige and Disney/Marvel will campaign the hell out of this while capitalizing on Chloe Zhao’s success with Nomadland.

Profile picture
    Jajajajjaja
    Topics:

do you guys think florence pugh will be a serious conteder for a best actress nom for don’t worry darling?

The chance is always there, but it depends on many factor. the release date and how genrey it is are just few of them.

From the similar premise and Genre, She (and the film itself) already got tough competition from Last Night In Soho and its ladies (McKenzie and Taylor-Joy), the film that everyone hyped about, let alone someone like Margot Robbie, Kirsten Dunst etc

Profile picture
    walkinuniverse
    Topics:

The chance is always there, but it depends on many factor. the release date and how genrey it is are just few of them.

From the similar premise and Genre, She (and the film itself) already got tough competition from Last Night In Soho and its ladies (McKenzie and Taylor-Joy), the film that everyone hyped about, let alone someone like Margot Robbie, Kirsten Dunst etc

Is Olivia Wilde planning to hit some film festivals soon for Don’t Worry Darling?

Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 516 total)

The topic ‘Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.