Home Forums Movies Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 3)

Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 516 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
fefface
schmids
  • Profile picture
    schmids
    Topics:

I’m actually really excited for Gucci, all the leaked locations look stunning, and well, the cast is excellent. I am expecting a lot so I hope I’m not disappointed.

Yeah the locations look absolutely ridiculous.

Profile picture
    AjayLopez25
    Topics:

How many musical this year?

the only thing I know are

‘In The Heights’

‘Everybody’s Talking About Jamie’

‘Annette’

‘West Side Story’

‘Encanto’

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

I don’t think Gaga is going to be a thing. At least not deservedly. I’m one of those people who think she was totally undeserving for A Star is Born as well so sure, take what I say with a pinch of salt. But regardless of how she was in ASIB, she has……..no range! She’d have to be supernova awesome to match the hype and I just don’t see it, but if there’s enough stans…………they’ll make it happen just because?

I dread the thought of Gaga somehow becoming a thing AGAIN and winning over Kirsten Dunst again, like she did with the Golden Globe for her godawful American Horror Story performance over Dunst in Fargo Season 2 which was 10000% the best TV performance that year.

Profile picture
    schmids
    Topics:

I don’t think Gaga is going to be a thing. At least not deservedly. I’m one of those people who think she was totally undeserving for A Star is Born as well so sure, take what I say with a pinch of salt. But regardless of how she was in ASIB, she has……..no range!

I don’t think Gaga is going to win and am firmly in Camp Dunst for the win but I have to ask – has she really done enough acting work for us to decide she has no range? She’s been in like three things.

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

I don’t think Gaga is going to win and am firmly in Camp Dunst for the win but I have to ask – has she really done enough acting work for us to decide she has no range? She’s been in like three things.

Honestly, in my opinion, yeah I have seen enough. Here’s the thing. Gaga is a fucking ELECTRIC performer, musician, and singer. There’s absolutely no doubt that she’s one of the most talented musical supernovas of the past few decades. But… that also means that she’s most effective when singing. She’s GOOD at emotion while singing. Literally every other moment when she wasn’t singing in ASIB felt false to me. It was like this weird pastiche of JLaw in Silver Linings mixed with Liza Minnelli mixed with this static expression of awe or wonder.

Meanwhile, over in AHS: Hotel, she played a rich, imperious woman, striking only one note the whole time: flat. So really, yeah, I have no idea what people have to go on to think she can even act alongside the greats. Anybody of such caliber would have to work a decade or more steadily to sufficiently mature. Gaga gets acclaim because…she’s Gaga.

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

Looks like we may have been right in thinking there’d be an early promo shoot for Gucci.

I can’t wait to see what Gaga does with this role. I just can’t wait

Andra Day should be winning Best Actress

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

Honestly, in my opinion, yeah I have seen enough. Here’s the thing. Gaga is a fucking ELECTRIC performer, musician, and singer. There’s absolutely no doubt that she’s one of the most talented musical supernovas of the past few decades. But… that also means that she’s most effective when singing. She’s GOOD at emotion while singing. Literally every other moment when she wasn’t singing in ASIB felt false to me. It was like this weird pastiche of JLaw in Silver Linings mixed with Liza Minnelli mixed with this static expression of awe or wonder. Meanwhile, over in AHS: Hotel, she played a rich, imperious woman, striking only one note the whole time: flat. So really, yeah, I have no idea what people have to go on to think she can even act alongside the greats. Anybody of such caliber would have to work a decade or more steadily to sufficiently mature. Gaga gets acclaim because…she’s Gaga.

We’ve heard you. Looking forward to seeing your next post here

Andra Day should be winning Best Actress

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Although A Star is Born wasn’t a showcase of acting kind of film, she totally hold her own, especially on the first hour of the movie.

She was so natural.

About House of Gucci, PLEASE, let’s wait at least for a still or something before we start to judge things.

For Your Emmy Consideration:
    Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" as Leading Actor in a Drama Series
    Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird" as Leading Actor in a Limited Series
    Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" as Leading and Supporting actress in Limited Series
    Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" as Supporting Actor in a Drama Series.
    MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" as Leading Actress in a Drama Series.

Profile picture
    schmids
    Topics:

So really, yeah, I have no idea what people have to go on to think she can even act alongside the greats. Anybody of such caliber would have to work a decade or more steadily to sufficiently mature. Gaga gets acclaim because…she’s Gaga.

This is giving me strong ‘I don’t get it so I don’t think she should be getting these opportunities’ vibes.

You yourself admit you’ve seen her in two things, and that performers need time to mature. But you don’t seem to be willing to give Gaga this space? Of course she’s getting opportunities that others don’t because of who she is, but it doesn’t automatically follow that she shouldn’t be given the chance to develop that skill by working with people like Al Pacino. If only more people got the chance to do that!

I thought she was fine in ASIB for what the role required, she did a good job. Can she do something like this? No idea – it’s definitely a very different role and she has to hold her own against actors who are IMO much better than Bradley Cooper. But I’m not gonna be out here blasting her before we’ve even seen a still.

Profile picture
    Jajajajjaja
    Topics:

This is giving me strong ‘I don’t get it so I don’t think she should be getting these opportunities’ vibes. You yourself admit you’ve seen her in two things, and that performers need decades to mature. But you don’t seem to be willing to give Gaga this space? Of course she’s getting opportunities that others don’t because of who she is, but it doesn’t automatically follow that she shouldn’t be given the chance to develop that skill by working with people like Al Pacino. If only more people got the chance to do that! I thought she was fine in ASIB for what the role required, she did a good job. Can she do something like this? No idea – it’s definitely a very different role and she has to hold her own against actors who are IMO much better than Bradley Cooper. But I’m not gonna be out here blasting her before we’ve even seen a still.

Just adding, He/she hates Margot Robbie.

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

I wasn’t here when ASIB came out but I’ve seen several posts about how much discussion Gaga and her chances inspired here. Crazy to see that her new project hasn’t even started filming yet, never mind been released, and the same thing is already happening.

Profile picture
    ESS
    Topics:

Honestly, in my opinion, yeah I have seen enough. Here’s the thing. Gaga is a fucking ELECTRIC performer, musician, and singer. There’s absolutely no doubt that she’s one of the most talented musical supernovas of the past few decades. But… that also means that she’s most effective when singing. She’s GOOD at emotion while singing. Literally every other moment when she wasn’t singing in ASIB felt false to me. It was like this weird pastiche of JLaw in Silver Linings mixed with Liza Minnelli mixed with this static expression of awe or wonder. Meanwhile, over in AHS: Hotel, she played a rich, imperious woman, striking only one note the whole time: flat. So really, yeah, I have no idea what people have to go on to think she can even act alongside the greats. Anybody of such caliber would have to work a decade or more steadily to sufficiently mature. Gaga gets acclaim because…she’s Gaga.

I couldn’t agree more. Her Oscar nomination or Yalitza’s could definitely have gone to Collete in 2019. That snub still hurts…

Profile picture
    walkinuniverse
    Topics:

I wasn’t here when ASIB came out but I’ve seen several posts about how much discussion Gaga and her chances inspired here. Crazy to see that her new project hasn’t even started filming yet, never mind been released, and the same thing is already happening.

Her power ✨

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

So we usually have a Super Early Golden Globes thread opened up around this time (a day or a few days before the current year’s Globes) but considering we don’t have one this year here are my predictions.

Motion Picture – Drama

House of Gucci
    Last Night in SoHo
    Nightmare Alley
    The Power of the Dog
    The Tragedy of Macbeth

Motion Picture – Musical or Comedy

Amsterdam
    Annette
    Dear Evan Hansen
    Don’t Look Up
    The French Dispatch

Director

– Jane Campion, The Power of the Dog
    – Guillermo del Toro, Nightmare Alley
    – Adam McKay, Don’t Look Up
    – Ridley Scott, House of Gucci
    – Edgar Wright, Last Night in SoHo

Actor C/M

– Christian Bale, Amsterdam
    – Leonardo DiCaprio, Don’t Look Up
    – Adam Driver, Annette
    – Max Harwood, Everybody’s Talking About Jamie
    – Ben Platt, Dear Evan Hansen

Actress C/M

– Marion Cotillard, Annette
    – Jennifer Lawrence, Don’t Look Up
    – Margot Robbie, Amsterdam
    – Tilda Swinton, The French Dispatch
    – Rachel Zegler, West Side Story

Actor Drama

– Bradley Cooper, Nightmare Alley
    – Benedict Cumberbatch, The Power of the Dog
    – Adam Driver, House of Gucci
    – Will Smith, King Richard
    – Denzel Washington, The Tragedy of Macbeth

Actress Drama

– Halle Berry, Bruised
    – Kirsten Dunst, The Power of the Dog
    – Lady Gaga, House of Gucci
    – Frances McDormand, The Tragedy of Macbeth
    – Kristen Stewart, Spencer

Supporting Actor

– Willem Dafoe, Nightmare Alley
    – Idris Elba, The Harder They Fall
    – Al Pacino, House of Gucci
    – Jesse Plemons, The Power of the Dog
    – John David Washington, Amsterdam

Supporting Actress

– Jodie Comer, The Last Duel
    – Camille Cottin, House of Gucci
    – Regina King, The Harder They Fall
    – Diana Rigg, Last Night in SoHo
    – Anya Taylor-Joy, Last Night in SoHo

Screenplay

– Wes Anderson for The French Dispatch
    – Jane Campion for The Power of the Dog
    – Joel Cohen for The Tragedy of Macbeth
    – Adam McKay for Don’t Look Up
    – Krysty Wilson-Cairns and Edgar Wright for Last Night in SoHo

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    OccultCherry
    Topics:

So we usually have a Super Early Golden Globes thread opened up around this time (a day or a few days before the current year’s Globes) but considering we don’t have one this year here are my predictions.

Motion Picture – Drama

House of Gucci
    Last Night in SoHo
    Nightmare Alley
    The Power of the Dog
    The Tragedy of Macbeth

Motion Picture – Musical or Comedy

Amsterdam
    Annette
    Dear Evan Hansen
    Don’t Look Up
    The French Dispatch

Director

– Jane Campion, The Power of the Dog
    – Guillermo del Toro, Nightmare Alley
    – Adam McKay, Don’t Look Up
    – Ridley Scott, House of Gucci
    – Edgar Wright, Last Night in SoHo

Actor C/M

– Christian Bale, Amsterdam
    – Leonardo DiCaprio, Don’t Look Up
    – Adam Driver, Annette
    – Max Harwood, Everybody’s Talking About Jamie
    – Ben Platt, Dear Evan Hansen

Actress C/M

– Marion Cotillard, Annette
    – Jennifer Lawrence, Don’t Look Up
    – Margot Robbie, Amsterdam
    – Tilda Swinton, The French Dispatch
    – Rachel Zegler, West Side Story

Actor Drama

– Bradley Cooper, Nightmare Alley
    – Benedict Cumberbatch, The Power of the Dog
    – Adam Driver, House of Gucci
    – Will Smith, King Richard
    – Denzel Washington, The Tragedy of Macbeth

Actress Drama

– Halle Berry, Bruised
    – Kirsten Dunst, The Power of the Dog
    – Lady Gaga, House of Gucci
    – Frances McDormand, The Tragedy of Macbeth
    – Kristen Stewart, Spencer

Supporting Actor

– Willem Dafoe, Nightmare Alley
    – Idris Elba, The Harder They Fall
    – Al Pacino, House of Gucci
    – Jesse Plemons, The Power of the Dog
    – John David Washington, Amsterdam

Supporting Actress

– Jodie Comer, The Last Duel
    – Camille Cottin, House of Gucci
    – Regina King, The Harder They Fall
    – Diana Rigg, Last Night in SoHo
    – Anya Taylor-Joy, Last Night in SoHo

Screenplay

– Wes Anderson for The French Dispatch
    – Jane Campion for The Power of the Dog
    – Joel Cohen for The Tragedy of Macbeth
    – Adam McKay for Don’t Look Up
    – Krysty Wilson-Cairns and Edgar Wright for Last Night in SoHo

plsss the house of gucci over-performance

FYC:

Picture: Nomadland
    Director: Chloe Zhao
    Leading Actress: Frances McDormand
    Leading Actor: Anthony Hopkins
    Supporting Actress: Youn Yuh-jung
    Supporting Actor: Daniel Kaluuya
    Adapted Screenplay: The Father
    Original Screenplay: Promising Young Woman

Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 516 total)

The topic ‘Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.