Home Forums Movies Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 3)

Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 516 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
fefface
schmids
  • Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

So we usually have a Super Early Golden Globes thread opened up around this time (a day or a few days before the current year’s Globes) but considering we don’t have one this year here are my predictions.

Maybe we’ll get one after this year’s have been handed out?

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Maybe. Who knows haha.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

Maybe. Who knows haha.

The Comedy/Musical sections are going to be a bloodbath.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Absolutely! I am very uncertain about my Amsterdam prediction because there are like 6 musicals in contention haha.

Supporting Actress also looks like a bloodbath too.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

You yourself admit you’ve seen her in two things, and that performers need time to mature. But you don’t seem to be willing to give Gaga this space? Of course she’s getting opportunities that others don’t because of who she is, but it doesn’t automatically follow that she shouldn’t be given the chance to develop that skill by working with people like Al Pacino. If only more people got the chance to do that!

Yeah you’re mostly right, I stand corrected. I did preface my comment with “I’m one of those people who thought she was undeserving for ASIB”. BUT my point is also that: actors who have yet to mature thrown into baity roles like this can definitely get awards, but people don’t often look kindly on their performances in retrospect (like JLaw in American Hustle). It’s a bit like throwing them into shark-infested waters, and yeah many more people should get the chance to do that.

Interestingly, they considered Anne Hathaway, Natalie Portman among others for this role. I don’t know if I see either Hathaway or Portman as perfect fits for a Gucci film, but they have the range. We’ve seen it multiple times.

Profile picture
    kingfan011
    Topics:

I want some PTA film news. Wish a cast member who  worked on Soggy Bottom would be asked about it.

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

BUT my point is also that: actors who have yet to mature thrown into baity roles like this can definitely get awards, but people don’t often look kindly on their performances in retrospect (like JLaw in American Hustle). It’s a bit like throwing them into shark-infested waters, and yeah many more people should get the chance to do that. Interestingly, they considered Anne Hathaway, Natalie Portman among others for this role. I don’t know if I see either Hathaway or Portman as perfect fits for a Gucci film, but they have the range. We’ve seen it multiple times.

I see what you’re saying but I’m not sure JLaw in American Hustle is the best example – she was not good in that movie but it was her third nomination and she was coming off a win, so that’s why she was getting baity roles.

Natalie Portman I can’t see in this role at all – Hathaway maybe more so but she’s not on the best of runs right now (fingers crossed for Armageddon Time).

There’s also the strong physical resemblance between Gaga and Reggiani that I’m sure had something to do with her being cast.

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

I want some PTA film news. Wish a cast member who worked on Soggy Bottom would be asked about it.

If they’re still planning to release it this year I imagine we’ll get a release date soon.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I am not buying that a lot of these films will make it on time. Unless they’re streaming film is don’t see any of the big releases happening until August the earliest and there aren’t enough slots for all of these films.

I mean I’m in the UK and as a result of the lockdown meaning cinemas won’t open until May a lot of the releases that were postponed like The Mauritanian and possibly <i>Promising Young Woman </i>(which appeared as a pre order on Google Play here last week) are getting streaming releases in March/April because cinemas are running out of slots and studios are losing money from holding these films.

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

I am not buying that a lot of these films will make it on time. Unless they’re streaming film is don’t see any of the big releases happening until August the earliest and there aren’t enough slots for all of these films.

Very true. Surely the longer studios hold off on locking down dates for movies they want to release this year, the bigger the chance they simply won’t be able to. So many films still just marked as ‘2021’.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Ben Platt, Dear Evan Hansen

Will this man pass for a teenager again? He will be almost 30 and still playing Evan Hansen.

For Your Emmy Consideration:
    Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" as Leading Actor in a Drama Series
    Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird" as Leading Actor in a Limited Series
    Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" as Leading and Supporting actress in Limited Series
    Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" as Supporting Actor in a Drama Series.
    MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" as Leading Actress in a Drama Series.

Profile picture
    schmids
    Topics:

Will this man pass for a teenager again? He will be almost 30 and still playing Evan Hansen.

No, he absolutely can’t pass for a teenager. I fully expect to be taken out of the movie by the fact he looks far too old.

It’s standard practice for teenagers to be played by actors in their 20s but those actors usually look much younger. Platt looks like a full on adult.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Very true. Surely the longer studios hold off on locking down dates for movies they want to release this year, the bigger the chance they simply won’t be able to. So many films still just marked as ‘2021’.

I was sceptical about Gucci and some of Paramount’s films at first but at least they’ve locked down dates and they’ve launched a streaming service in the worst case scenario? But will those films like Soggy Bottom and Maestro which don’t have release dates and hardly have production start dates even make it on time?

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

At least Maestro will be next year. I don’t think it’s even begun production, and if they play their cards right, double nominations for Bradley this year could translate to a win for Maestro next year.

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

I was sceptical about Gucci and some of Paramount’s films at first but at least they’ve locked down dates and they’ve launched a streaming service in the worst case scenario? But will those films like Soggy Bottom and Maestro which don’t have release dates and hardly have production start dates even make it on time?

This is the thing – Soggy Bottom and Gucci are both with the same studio but while Soggy Bottom wrapped a while back it still doesn’t have a release date.

As far as I’m aware Maestro doesn’t even have a start date.

Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 516 total)

The topic ‘Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.