Home Forums Movies Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 4)

Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 498 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
fefface
schmids
  • Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

Alejandro Gonzalez Iñárritu is shooting his next film, Limbo, which is said to be massive and will be released this year. What do you think of its chances? https://deadline.com/2021/03/alejandro-gonzalez-inarritu-limbo-first-movie-since-the-revenant-1234707758/

“Massive” for being a foreign film.

Anyway, despite Inarritu clearly trying to do his own Roma, i don’t think it will make much of an impact awards season wise.

He has been over rewarded in these last few years, especially for Birdman and The Revenant, and lots of these wins aged poorly (Birdman over Grand Budapest, Boyhood, Interstellar, or Whiplash for Best Picture, The Revenant in Directing over Mad Max, really??).

I don’t think there will be passion in giving him other Oscar wins (especially since he already won Directing twice, and not deservedly).

Anyway, no interest in seeing this new film or him getting other undeserved Oscars.

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

I don’t there will be passion in giving him other Oscar wins (especially since he already won Directing twice, and not deservedly).

Anyway, no interest in seeing this new film or him getting other undeserved Oscars.

Also by all accounts the experience of making The Revenant was so awful largely because he was so rigid, like nearly a year of shooting in awful conditions just so he could use long tracking shots without having to worry about matching the light?

Profile picture
    Melvinezq
    Topics:

From the Three Amigos, Del Toro is the only one who haven’t gotten his second BD Oscar. May I campaign for him getting his due as soon as possible (not this year, please, since Campion hopefully will be undeniable)!

Pan’s Labyrinth‘s snub was awful!

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Every year there’s one big British Oscar contending film that BAFTA embraces. What will that be next year?

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Melvinezq
    Topics:

Every year there’s one big British Oscar contending film that BAFTA embraces. What will that be next year?

Either one of two films Olivia Colman stars in.

Profile picture
    24fanatic
    Topics:

My Way Too Early Lead Actress Prediction:

Kirsten Dunst – The Power of the Dog
    * long overdue for a nom + powerhouse female auteur director

Margot Robbie – Untitled David O. Russell
    * new Oscar favorite + awards bait Director whose last 4 films have garnered 12 acting nominations.

Ana de Armas – Blonde
    * Hollywood “it” girl + Hollywood biopic + iconic baity role of Marilyn Monroe

Penelope Cruz – Madres paralelas
    * former Oscar winner + potential foreign language nominee + Award-winning auteur director Pedro Almodovar

Tessa Thompson – Passing
    * Respected/loved Hollywood star + breakthrough haunting performance + commentary on race/color in society. (having seen this @ Sundance… I think if the film has a strong backing/campaign, this could happen… otherwise it might just end up as a small indie film. Tessa’s turn is a slow burn that sneaks up on you by the end… much like Jeremy Strong’s performance does in season 2 of Succession).

Others in contention:

Marion Cotillard – Annette
    Anya Taylor-Joy – Last Night in Soho
    Lady Gaga – House of Gucci
    Sandra Bullock – Untitled Nora Fingscheidt
    Jennifer Lawerence – Red, White & Water
    Florence Pugh – Don’t Worry Darling
    Jessica Chastain – The Eyes of Tammy Faye
    Melissa McCarthy – The Starling
    Olivia Colman – The Lost Daughter
    Jennifer Hudson – Respect
    Cate Blanchett – Nightmare Alley
    Frances McDormand – The Tragedy of Macbeth

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

Jennifer Lawerence – Red, White & Water

Pretty sure someone said Red, White and Water is doing reshoots and has been delayed.

Profile picture
    ClairesCrown
    Topics:

I’m sure The Lost Daughter will be it. The actors that will be pushed for their campaign are all British, Paul Mescal & Jessie Buckley being the rising stars whilst Olivia is much beloved by the British Academy.

FYC EMMYS: THE CROWN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. OLIVIA COLMAN - D. ACTRESS & HBC - D. SUPP. ACTRESS) & IT’S A SIN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. LYDIA WEST - LIM. ACTRESS & KEELEY HAWES - LIM. SUPP. ACTRESS) & I MAY DESTROY YOU IN ALL CATEGORIES

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I just realised Last Night in SoHo is a British production so that’s probably a contender for that “big British Oscar contending film” that gets embraced by BAFTA. The Last Duel too although as I mentioned I am not high on the film’s chances outside Comer.

Could The Lost Daughter be The Father of this year?

Anya Taylor-Joy – Last Night in Soho

It appears that <i>Last Night in SoHo </i>might have two leads a bit like <i>Once Upon a Time in Hollywood </i>and that Taylor-Joy is the secondary lead like Pitt. I won’t be surprised if she goes supporting.

Sandra Bullock – Untitled Nora Fingscheidt

Now depending on how this is executed, Bullock could be a strong contender. Davis too for the same film. It’s a baity role although I guess it could end up like the other British miniseries remake that Viola Davis starred in a few years ago.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    ClairesCrown
    Topics:

I definitely think The Lost Daughter is The Father of next year, though if it’s as good in quality people will be eager to reward Maggie since she is already established & respected in the industry, where-as Florian was very much starting out with The Father. If she gets it right, I see it being far more successful than the father. They could get it wrong though, and it would disappoint a very promising cast.

FYC EMMYS: THE CROWN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. OLIVIA COLMAN - D. ACTRESS & HBC - D. SUPP. ACTRESS) & IT’S A SIN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. LYDIA WEST - LIM. ACTRESS & KEELEY HAWES - LIM. SUPP. ACTRESS) & I MAY DESTROY YOU IN ALL CATEGORIES

Profile picture
    LifeIsAmazing
    Topics:

The Last Duel will have its first test screening on Wednesday https://twitter.com/gummibear86/status/1367979525481492483?s=21

Profile picture
    MysticMagix
    Topics:

I just realised Last Night in SoHo is a British production so that’s probably a contender for that “big British Oscar contending film” that gets embraced by BAFTA. The Last Duel too although as I mentioned I am not high on the film’s chances outside Comer. Could The Lost Daughter be The Father of this year? Now depending on how this is executed, Bullock could be a strong contender. Davis too for the same film. It’s a baity role although I guess it could end up like the other British miniseries remake that Viola Davis starred in a few years ago.

is viola supporting for that film tho. and what miniseries are u talking about

A little bit of Magic never hurt anybody.

~ MYSTIC

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Kirsten Dunst – The Power of the Dog
    * long overdue for a nom + powerhouse female auteur director

It’s okay, I’m sure it was just a slip of the keyboard for you to have omitted a + between powerhouse & female.

Anyway, one other thing that is sure to get revived with Dunst in the mix is that she’s probably worked with the most number of female directors? I mean…it’s nuts, but she really has. Anderson, Coppola, Mulleavys, Headland, numerous directors for Fargo and On Becoming a God, now Campion. I can’t think of too many other actors who continually do that: Nicole Kidman? There’s certainly people who become muses like Dunst did with Coppola (Michelle Williams & Kelly Reichardt, Saoirse Ronan & Greta Gerwig) but few who’ve worked with SO MANY different ones.

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

I definitely think The Lost Daughter is The Father of next year

It will perform better, if anything. Again, like with The Power of the Dog and Passing, I’m going off source material. Elena Ferrante is INDELIBLE, probably the closest thing we have to a living Toni Morrison, and this may well be her best-regarded novel (not most famous: obviously her most famous is the My Brilliant Friend quartet, but The Lost Daughter garnered her the most critical praise prior to that). The GOOD thing is that Elena Ferrante’s been adapted SO well for HBO—if that series were in English, it would sweep at Emmys and Golden Globes; and Ferrante doesn’t give permission for adaptations easily. Honestly, Olivia Colman is as in as Kirsten Dunst for me as of now. The role is just too good.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Kirsten Dunst getting nominated would be ICONIC. Just like Amy Adams finally winning one day.

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 498 total)

The topic ‘Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.