Home Forums Movies Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 4)

Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 498 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
fefface
schmids
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Not sure if this is posted here already but Elle Fanning is the new addition to the upcoming “Francis and The Godfather” The cast of Barry Levinson’s ‘Francis and the Godfather’ Oscar Isaac (Francis Ford Coppola), Elisabeth Moss (Eleanor Coppola), Jake Gyllenhaal (Robert Evans), and Elle Fanning (Ali MacGraw) https://twitter.com/thefilmupdates/status/1369416686898659335?s=21

Lmao I literally stan all of the people in this cast.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

My bet for the Actress so far

Lady Gaga, House Of Gucci

Jennifer Hudson, Respect

Halle Berry, Bruised

Amy Adams, The Woman In The Window

Florence Pugh, Don’t Worry Darling

Rachel Sennot, Shiva Baby

Emma Stone, Cruella

How casually you bypassed Kirsten Dunst (Power of the Dog), Olivia Colman (The Lost Daughter), and Tessa Thompson (Passing). We know the books the films are adapted from are masterpieces, they’re incredible roles, and on paper seem like the strongest bets. Yet you’re putting in Amy Adams for a film that got shelved for years, Emma Stone for a Disney film, and Lady Gaga because…she’s Lady Gaga so obviously she must get in no matter what.

Profile picture
    Jajajajjaja
    Topics:

Not sure if this is posted here already but Elle Fanning is the new addition to the upcoming “Francis and The Godfather” The cast of Barry Levinson’s ‘Francis and the Godfather’ Oscar Isaac (Francis Ford Coppola), Elisabeth Moss (Eleanor Coppola), Jake Gyllenhaal (Robert Evans), and Elle Fanning (Ali MacGraw) https://twitter.com/thefilmupdates/status/1369416686898659335?s=21

Levinson latest works has been stinkers so im not sure what to feel about this as much as I stan Fanning. The movie itself has yet to get any distributor.

Her best shot for Oscars season will be for 2023 Oscars for The Nightingale, which has been pushed back

Profile picture
    schmids
    Topics:

While I still think it’s likely reactions from women that will be more important – here’s the first review I’ve seen from the test screening of The Last Duel.

There’s another one that’s mostly less interesting if not for the fact that it says (in emoji code) that Adam Driver has a full frontal nude scene, which I imagine will break the internet.

Profile picture
    Anirudh Arun
    Topics:

This cast is just everything!

Profile picture
    Naiad Lyne
    Topics:

The cast rocks. The director  not so much. It could end up as disjointed mess or could turn out great. Anyway next year is a big year of  anniversaries of Coppola’s several movies and I’m here for it!

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

There’s another one that’s mostly less interesting if not for the fact that it says (in emoji code) that Adam Driver has a full frontal nude scene, which I imagine will break the internet.

Yup. Regardless of context, that’s a Twitter meltdown in waiting.

Profile picture
    Rmcd8
    Topics:

While I still think it’s likely reactions from women that will be more important – here’s the first review I’ve seen from the test screening of The Last Duel. There’s another one that’s mostly less interesting if not for the fact that it says (in emoji code) that Adam Driver has a full frontal nude scene, which I imagine will break the internet.

Ah I was just logging on to share this! Interesting that the reviews so far have been positive. I’m more optimistic about it now.

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

Ah I was just logging on to share this! Interesting that the reviews so far have been positive. I’m more optimistic about it now.

Yeah but they’ve all been from men. We need female perspectives on this one.

Profile picture
    gorman
    Topics:

Are all 5 of McDormand (Macbeth), De Armas (Blonde), Stewart (Spencer), Hudson (Respect) and Gaga (House of Gucci) releasing next season? That seems like a strong Actress line-up to me.

Profile picture
    LifeIsAmazing
    Topics:

Really excited about Driver and Comer’s performance

Profile picture
    Rmcd8
    Topics:

Yeah but they’ve all been from men. We need female perspectives on this one.

I didn’t realise they were men but fair enough. Tbh I’d settle for TLD just not being wildly offensive/distateful given the plot and the potential to go wrong. I’m not expecting Ben Affleck and Matt Damon to write a feminst masterpiece.

Edit: I’m saying this as a woman myself!

Profile picture
    Jajajajjaja
    Topics:

Are all 5 of McDormand (Macbeth), De Armas (Blonde), Stewart (Spencer), Hudson (Respect) and Gaga (House of Gucci) releasing next season? That seems like a strong Actress line-up to me.

The race for 2022 is gonna be bloodbath and unpredictable

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

I didn’t realise they were men but fair enough. Tbh I’d settle for TLD just not being wildly offensive/distateful given the plot and the potential to go wrong. I’m not expecting Ben Affleck and Matt Damon to write a feminst masterpiece.

Nicole Holofcener, who does actually write feminist masterpieces, was also involved in the writing.

Profile picture
    Rmcd8
    Topics:

Nicole Holofcener, who does actually write feminist masterpieces, was also involved in the writing.

Ah ok, that’s interesting. at least they had the foresight to bring in a female writer. Although my expectations are still not that high so it would still be easy to meet them with a non-disgustingly gratituous use of sex/violence, and an empowered performance from Jodie. It feels like this mirrors a lot of the early internet expecations.

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 498 total)

The topic ‘Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.