Home Forums Movies Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 4)

Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 498 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
fefface
schmids
  • Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

I hope Luca’s good. It’s funny how a lot of people are reading into it by saying there’s queer undertones

Someone said it’s looked like a mashup of Call Me By Your Name & The Shape of Water and I’ve not been been able to unseen it since.

Emmys FYC | Alan Tudyk in “Resident Alien” | Billie Piper in “I Hate Suzie” | Ego Nwodim in “Saturday Night Live” | Kaley Cuoco in “Harley Quinn” | “Dickinson” | “P-Valley” | “Pose” | “Superstore”

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

I just realised if No Time to Die wins song, then Billie will accept an award in March 2022 for a song released in December 2019.

Emmys FYC | Alan Tudyk in “Resident Alien” | Billie Piper in “I Hate Suzie” | Ego Nwodim in “Saturday Night Live” | Kaley Cuoco in “Harley Quinn” | “Dickinson” | “P-Valley” | “Pose” | “Superstore”

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

I don’t see Jeremy Irons in any of the set pictures for House of Gucci and btw im laughing at how chaotic the recent ones are with Adam Driver using Lady Gaga as a shield from Al Pacino 😂 also Pacino attempting to push Jared Leto.

They were an argumentative family lol. I can’t tell though if Driver is using her as a shield or moving her to protect her from the rage of Pacino.

Irons was there today, there’s a photo of him in a beige suit knocking about.

Profile picture
    TVFan365
    Topics:

The costume design in Coming 2 America is fantastic. I wonder how much the film’s mixed reviews and early release date will hurt its chances of getting a nod though.

Profile picture
    diego
    Topics:

Cate Blanchett will be playing Donal Trump’s sister, Maryanne Trump, in James Gray’s Armageddon Time. Apparently it’s a small supporting role but she has to deliver a long speech and the role is being described as a scene-stealer.

https://thefilmstage.com/cate-blanchett-will-play-donald-trumps-sister-in-james-grays-armageddon-time/

Profile picture
    Melvinezq
    Topics:

Cate Blanchett will be playing Donal Trump’s sister, Maryanne Trump, in James Gray’s Armageddon Time. Apparently it’s a small supporting role but she has to deliver a long speech and the role is being described as a scene-stealer. https://thefilmstage.com/cate-blanchett-will-play-donald-trumps-sister-in-james-grays-armageddon-time/

Give her all the republicans! Hail her Texan lineage!

Profile picture
    Ash
    Topics:

Don’t look up is not even Oscar materiel lol i don’t get why its been in everybody’s Oscar prediction Leonardo DiCaprio and Jennifer Lawrence aren’t its a political satire Adam McKay comedy movie about 2 astronauts trying o save the world sound like a golden globes thing.

Profile picture
    Melvinezq
    Topics:

Cate Blanchett will be playing Donal Trump’s sister, Maryanne Trump, in James Gray’s Armageddon Time. Apparently it’s a small supporting role but she has to deliver a long speech and the role is being described as a scene-stealer. https://thefilmstage.com/cate-blanchett-will-play-donald-trumps-sister-in-james-grays-armageddon-time/

So, 2022 release? Okay, Blanchett will have just one to campaign forcefully this year.

Profile picture
    Mickmack
    Topics:

Don’t look up is not even Oscar materiel lol i don’t get why its been in everybody’s Oscar prediction Leonardo DiCaprio and Jennifer Lawrence aren’t its a political satire Adam McKay comedy movie about 2 astronauts trying o save the world sound like a golden globes thing.

If Palm Springs starred DiCaprio and JLaw and delivered even worse performances than Milioti and Samberg it would probably be the front runner for Best Picture. The academy is full of lazy name-checks.

Profile picture
    Kafka_Gyllenhaal
    Topics:

I just realised if No Time to Die wins song, then Billie will accept an award in March 2022 for a song released in December 2019.

That kind of remind me of Limelight‘s Score win 20 years after it came out. Not quite the same amount time, but still.

FYC: Minari for Everything

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Whilst I don’t think Don’t Look Up is safe at the Oscars, this idea of so and so “not standing a chance” because “it isn’t Oscar material” is so tired and overused. Just this year the Oscar bait Hillbilly Elegy flopped whilst an edgy revenge thriller is in the top 5 for Best Picture and a performance in a Sacha Baron Cohen satire is a frontrunner to win Best Supporting Actress.

The Academy does need to make progress still but it’s very clear that genre limitations and bias is slowly eroding in some of their choices.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    boogiezen
    Topics:

Don’t Look Up script is just bad. Lol.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

I just can’t stand another Adam McKay movie being an Oscar contender.

Especially after this season’s inspired nominees.

Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

We literally had a fantasy movie about a deaf woman fucking a Fish God, or whatever the fuck it was, winning Best Picture, and you still are talking about what is Oscar material or not, loool.

This movie will be seen by lots of voters regardless whether you like it or not.

Profile picture
    borisy
    Topics:

We literally had a fantasy movie about a deaf woman fucking a Fish God, or whatever the fuck it was, winning Best Picture, and you still are talking about what is Oscar material or not, loool. This movie will be seen by lots of voters regardless whether you like it or not.

good point

Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 498 total)

The topic ‘Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.