Home Forums Movies Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 4)

Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 498 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
fefface
schmids
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Something I hadn’t thought of but considering we talk about how Robbie could be hurt by working with David O’Russell, is it possible that with Woody Allen’s horrific crimes resurfacing mean that Kristen Stewart could be hurt with awards chances considering she stood up (quite strenuously) in support for Allen?

FYC: All things The Crown, Hacks and I May Destroy You (and Hannah Waddingham and Julianne Nicholson whilst you're at it)!!

Profile picture
    Croman
    Topics:

Something I hadn’t thought of but considering we talk about how Robbie could be hurt by working with David O’Russell, is it possible that with Woody Allen’s horrific crimes resurfacing mean that Kristen Stewart could be hurt with awards chances considering she stood up (quite strenuously) in support for Allen?

I mean didn’t Scarlett Johannson say she still loved Woody Allen after Dylan Farrow spoke out and she still got double noms so I’m sure Stewart’s awards chances will be fine

Profile picture
    Igor Alves
    Topics:

She didn’t really “support” him per say, it was more of an attempt to justify her choice of working with him, a poor attempt sure but I doubt she’s a big WA supporter. There’s also big chance she changed her mind after #MeToo and would say something acceptable if asked about it.

Having worked with WA never hurt anybody’s chances before, I don’t think it’s happening now and by the time the new season starts, that doc will be forgotten.  Margot’s case is much more complicated because she is currently working with DoR (post-MeToo) and would be directly campaigning for a DoR film.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I mean didn’t Scarlett Johannson say she still loved Woody Allen after Dylan Farrow spoke out and she still got double noms so I’m sure Stewart’s awards chances will be fine

Yes but Woody Allen’s behaviour didn’t resurface when Scarlett Johansson was preparing an Oscar campaign for Jojo Rabbit or Marriage Story.

I am not saying Stewart will flop because of the documentary resurfacing things, but I wonder if it could hurt her.

There’s also big chance she changed her mind after #MeToo

Weren’t her comments post MeToo?

FYC: All things The Crown, Hacks and I May Destroy You (and Hannah Waddingham and Julianne Nicholson whilst you're at it)!!

Profile picture
    Igor Alves
    Topics:

Weren’t her comments post MeToo?

No, that was a few years before actually.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

No, that was a few years before actually.

My bad.

I do wonder how much Woody Allen’s actions (which he should be in prison for btw) will hurt people who have stood by him. Especially Kate Winslet (who is starting an Emmy campaign whilst these allegations are resurfacing like right now) I used to like Cate Blanchett but I’ve kind of been put off of her after she’s not really outright spoken against him.

Profile picture
    Igor Alves
    Topics:

My bad. I do wonder how much Woody Allen’s actions (which he should be in prison for btw) will hurt people who have stood by him. Especially Kate Winslet (who is starting an Emmy campaign whilst these allegations are resurfacing like right now) I used to like Cate Blanchett but I’ve kind of been put off of her after she’s not really outright spoken against him.

I think we are past the peak “witch hunt” (for lack of a better term) for people who worked with WA, which was during MeToo. Also the doc is not that big of a hit compared to like R.Kelly’s and Michael Jackson’s, so even though it might bring some of that discourse back, it’s not going to be that big of a discourse and will likely go away quickly.

I think it’s hard to be outspoken when his case is still confusing, there are still valid arguments to be used in his favor (not that I believe he’s innocent, but I recognize it’s still very much a discussion) and he was never convicted. So I can’t blame Blanchett, but I do blame people who stood up for Polanski bc his case is VERY clear.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

So I can’t blame Blanchett, but I do blame people who stood up for Polanski bc his case is VERY clear.

Perhaps I’d give it Blanchett for not doing anything with him and saying she needs to see more but I do blame Diane Keaton and Alec Baldwin for more or less accusing Dylan Farrow of lying.

Profile picture
    Melvinezq
    Topics:

Blanchett was literally asked, and she knows that this guy was a capital L Legend, so she didn’t have the guts to pass the project. I mean if you have an opportunity to get an Oscar, why will you pass? Plus, yeah, his case was far more unclear than Polanski or Wank*stein.

Profile picture
    Oscirus Jones
    Topics:

Scarjo also had the problems with the lgbtq community and her response to them. Which was a big ole bowl of nothing, but still. Honestly i think most of these controversies are just there to sell articles unless  you’re doing something illegal.

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Kirsten Dunst & Michelle Williams, to me, have a LOT of similarities as actors and choices with roles—in a way I find super interesting after seeing their careers after they made Dick. But to the “overdue” actress point, Williams has a “she’s been nominated multiple times and never won” overdue narrative which is very different to Dunst’s “shit she’s never been even nominated” overdue narrative which, I feel, tends to be stronger? People who’ve been overlooked entirely for so long tend to win on their first nominations, it feels like. Like, people will be rooting for Dunst because they’ll feel bad that they skipped over Interview with the Vampire, Melancholia, Beguiled, Marie Antoinette, Eternal Sunshine, The Cat’s Meow, Bachelorette etc etc entirely. It’s hard for people not to feel that—with actors like Michelle Williams and Saoirse Ronan etc, at least they’ve been in the club. Dunst hasn’t.

Profile picture
    MultipleOscarWinner
    Topics:

Didn’t we just go less than two months ago into the discussion about Vanessa Kirby’s Oscar chances being affected by working with Shia Labeouf and all that shit? Once again, if voters are not affected directly (only case in the last 40 years: Russell Crowe), actors don’t experience their awards’ chances diminished. This is like beating every dead type of animal. Next topic, please!

FYC:

Best Actor:
    Delroy Lindo - Da 5 Bloods

Best Actress:
    Sidney Flanigan - Never Rarely Sometimes Always

Profile picture
    Jajajajjaja
    Topics:

MeToo movement is probably dead because a c*nt use it to justify her abuse against her husband

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Didn’t we just go less than two months ago into the discussion about Vanessa Kirby’s Oscar chances being affected by working with Shia Labeouf and all that shit? Once again, if voters are not affected directly (only case in the last 40 years: Russell Crowe), actors don’t experience their awards’ chances diminished. This is like beating every dead type of animal. Next topic, please!

Well Vanessa Kirby didn’t side with Shia Labeouf and actually spoke in support of  fka twigs so it’s a bit different but I understand your overall point.

Profile picture
    Vicki Leekx
    Topics:

I just can’t stand another Adam McKay movie being an Oscar contender. Especially after this season’s inspired nominees.

Even with mixed reviews I’d say Leo and Jen are early favourites for the Comedy Globes at least. The latter won for Joy of all things lmao…we can’t underestimate their star power. They’re going to give Jen the comeback  narrative Sophia Loren deserved.

FYC:

Virginie Efira, Charlotte Rampling, Lambert Wilson, Benedetta (Actress, Supporting Actress, Supporting Actor)

Jim Broadbent, Helen Mirren, The Duke (Actor, Supporting Actress)

Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 498 total)

The topic ‘Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.