Home Forums Movies Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 4)

Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 498 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
fefface
schmids
  • Profile picture
    schmids
    Topics:

Gaga’s in character (most probably lol) https://www.instagram.com/p/CL47_TdJFYo/?igshid=5ypgapqcbzfy

There were Tweets claiming they were doing a promo shoot so that would make sense.

Profile picture
    diego
    Topics:

Olivia Colman has 2 projects coming out this season, Mothering Sunday and The Lost Daughter.

We shouldn’t underestimate her, not saying she’s getting double noms but Best Supporting Actress or Best Actress for one of them could happen.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Olivia Colman has 2 projects coming out this season, Mothering Sunday and The Lost Daughter. We shouldn’t underestimate her, not saying she’s getting double noms but Best Supporting Actress or Best Actress for one of them could happen.

I think the likelier for her is the Actress nod. Her role sounds incredibly baity in The Lost Daughter whilst it sounds quite thankless in Mothering Sunday (that feels like an Odessa Young/Josh O’Connor vehicle).

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Jajajajjaja
    Topics:

Anya would have more of a shot staying in supporting, lead actress is gonna be a bloodbath She actually has a shot at supporting since I don’t see any big name needing one right now.

Oh nvm i just pointing out possibilities since she is the co-lead and although McKenzie has her momentum last year and arguably has some individual Buzz after two succesful Major Project (Leave No Trace, Jojo Rabbit), Anya is the current flavor of the month especially after Her golden globe win

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Is it just me or have awards bodies & critics finally raised the bar for Meryl? Feels like in the halcyon days of “anything she does will get nominated” are kind of over. Let Them All Talk could easily have been a vehicle in years past. So could The Prom, or The Laundromat, but most of all for LTAT because it’s actually better than MANY of her nominated performances.

Profile picture
    KAZ-2.5
    Topics:

I am so happy to not see Streep name checked for any and everything anymore. She’s a great actress but that’s just silly.

Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

Is it just me or have awards bodies & critics finally raised the bar for Meryl? Feels like in the halcyon days of “anything she does will get nominated” are kind of over. Let Them All Talk could easily have been a vehicle in years past. So could The Prom, or The Laundromat, but most of all for LTAT because it’s actually better than MANY of her nominated performances.

As i said, the Meryl Streep fatigue is finally real.

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

Deadline reporting that Ridley Scott was so impressed with Jodie Comer in The Last Duel he wants to cast her as Josephine in Kitbag (not official news).

She’s coming!

Also I guess even if Duel isn’t great Scott casting both Driver and Comer in back to back movies is a good sign for performances?

Profile picture
    Chitanda170
    Topics:

Deadline reporting that Ridley Scott was so impressed with Jodie Comer in The Last Duel he wants to cast her as Josephine in Kitbag (not official news). She’s coming!

Probably, it looks like the story will revolve around her, It said trough the eyes of his wife Josephine, I like Jodi Comer, I think she’s a good actress, I only watched her in the White princess and she impressed me, my problem is the age, she’s to young to play Josephine, the real Josephine was older than Napoleon, I hope the makeup department can fix that.

Profile picture
    Miles
    Topics:

I’m loving this quote from Deadline:

Sources tell Deadline that even though Comer’s star had been on the rise following her Emmy-winning work on Killing Eve, Scott had no idea who she was when he set her as the female lead opposite Matt Damon, Adam Driver and Ben Affleck in The Last Duel. Insiders say Scott was blown away by her work during production of the film, which wrapped and the end of last year.

Profile picture
    schmids
    Topics:

Jodie Comer is great but she is far, far too young to play Josephine. She is 18 years younger than Phoenix and Josephine was 6 years older than Napoleon. I’ll be disappointed if they cast her over someone more age appropriate.

She’s younger than all her Last Duel costars as well but accurately so as I’m pretty sure that’s how it was in the real story. And you’re right, presumably this means she’s really good in it.

Profile picture
    Chitanda170
    Topics:

Jodie Comer is great but she is far, far too young to play Josephine. She is 18 years younger than Phoenix and Josephine was 6 years older than Napoleon. I’ll be disappointed if they cast her over someone more age appropriate. She’s younger than all her Last Duel costars as well but accurately so as I’m pretty sure that’s how it was in the real story.

Ridley doesn´t care about historical accuracy, Gladiator is an example of that.

Profile picture
    schmids
    Topics:

Ridley doesn´t care about historical accuracy, Gladiator is an example of that.

Gladiator was 20 years ago and personally I don’t think it’d fly with audiences now to purposefully cast a much younger actress in a role that should go to someone in her 40s – given that there are much fewer opportunities already for actresses in that age group.

Gladiator was also very intentionally fictionalised, whereas this seems more of a straight up biopic that requires at least some attention to accuracy.

Profile picture
    Chitanda170
    Topics:

Gladiator was 20 years ago and personally I don’t think it’d fly with audiences now to purposefully cast a much younger actress in a role that should go to someone in her 40s – given that there are much fewer opportunities already for actresses in that age group. Gladiator was also very intentionally fictionalised, whereas this seems more of a straight up biopic that requires at least some attention to accuracy.

I don´t know, my spectations are low now, The Last Duel looks terrible, i hope i´m wrong with both movies

Profile picture
    schmids
    Topics:

I don´t know, my spectations are low now, The Last Duel looks terrible, i hope i´m wrong with both movies

Duel is destined by the nature of its plot to be divisive. A single misstep in how that plot is handled and it will get roasted, and there will probably be people who think it should never have been made regardless.

It has a couple of things going for it but I also remain skeptical:

– Nicole Holofcener was involved in writing it so I imagine Marguerite’s experience and agency will be a big part of the story – the risk is that a woman’s assault becomes a plot point for a story about men, which given the specifics of the plot will go down like a lead balloon

– Jodie Comer has described her character as someone who ‘risks her life and reclaims her life’ so hopefully the story focuses on her and not just how she’s impacted by the shitty men around her

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 498 total)

The topic ‘Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.