Home Forums Movies Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 4)

Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 498 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
fefface
schmids
  • Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

As far as we know yes. Footage of it featured quite prominently in Netflix’s showcase of 2021 films trailer. I assume it won’t be a very big priority for Netflix. I think their top 3 (in Picture) will be The Power of the Dog, Don’t Look Up and The Harder They Fall.

Yeah, from the Netflix trailer it’s pretty evident that Don’t Look Up will be their priority n. 1 alongside The Power of The Dog.

Profile picture
    RIDLEY SCOTT
    Topics:

APPLE has 2 huge films for Oscars 2023: Kitbag and KOTFM. And both have huge budgets. I wonder how APPLE will campaign. Because Netflix is very bad campaigning. Every year, Netflix spends 200-300 million USD and lost Best Picture Oscar.

Profile picture
    schmids
    Topics:

Does anyone know how big Camille Cottin’s role in Gucci is ? Enough for BSA ?

Potentially. As with most things about Gucci what material everyone gets will depend on the timeline and how much time they spend on each part of the story. Though I’d say Gaga, Driver and Pacino are guaranteed some good bits regardless.

She’s playing Paola Franchi, the less baity of the two supporting female roles on paper – Franchi was Gucci’s long-term partner at the time of his death. But (again dependent on the timeline) she may have some good stuff.

The other SA role is Pina Auriemma, Reggiani’s personal magician and accomplice who also did time for the murder, but there’s been no casting news on who is playing her.

Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

APPLE has 2 huge films for Oscars 2023: Kitbag and KOTFM. And both have huge budgets. I wonder how APPLE will campaign. Because Netflix is very bad campaigning. Every year, Netflix spends 200-300 million USD and lost Best Picture Oscar.

It’s too premature to talk about it, but i would say that Kitbag, which stars shooting around early 2022, is more like to be a 2023 release, since KOTFM starts shooting earlier, around this April or May, so it will definitely be ready for the end of 2022.

Even if Kitbag is ready for 2022, there’s no way Apple will push both epics against each other in the same year and the same award season, it would hurt both films and their respective awards season chances, it would be extremely counter-productive. So i can see Kitbag getting postponed to 2023, it’s the most logical thing to do.

Profile picture
    Chitanda170
    Topics:

It’s too premature to talk about it, but i would say that Kitbag, which stars shooting around early 2022, is more like to be a 2023 release, since KOTFM starts shooting earlier, around this April or May, so it will definitely be ready for the end of 2022. Even if Kitbag is ready for 2022, there’s no way Apple will push both epics against each other in the same year and the same award season, it would hurt both films and their respective awards season chances, it would be extremely counter-productive. So i can see Kitbag getting postponed to 2023, it’s the most logical thing to do.

I think it depends how fast both directors work, I heard Ridley works really fast and Scorsese a bit slow.

Profile picture
    Viridiana
    Topics:

Apple also has Fuqua’s Emancipation with Will Smith starring in. The whole project sounds baity as hell and if Will succeeds with King Richard this season, he could built up quite a momentum.

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Really??? Is that what’s catching attention??? 1917 shouldn’t even have been nominated for Screenplay. Seriously, it’s shocking that it happened considering that films like The Farewell were instead left out from the category.

Please I still have trauma over 1917 getting a screenplay nomination.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    RIDLEY SCOTT
    Topics:

It’s too premature to talk about it, but i would say that Kitbag, which stars shooting around early 2022, is more like to be a 2023 release, since KOTFM starts shooting earlier, around this April or May, so it will definitely be ready for the end of 2022. Even if Kitbag is ready for 2022, there’s no way Apple will push both epics against each other in the same year and the same award season, it would hurt both films and their respective awards season chances, it would be extremely counter-productive. So i can see Kitbag getting postponed to 2023, it’s the most logical thing to do.

We will see. Ridley Scott really wants Best Director Oscar: TLD, House Of Gucci, Kitbag, Gladiator 2 and he is even considering a World War II Epic.

Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

Four Good Days is getting a July release in Spain from Vertical. Maybe 9th times the charm for Glenn (if this year doesn’t work out)

It’s the Close/Kunis film that premiered at Sundance last year, she’s a recovering drug addict and she’s her mother trying to keep clean.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

If Glenn can’t happen for Razziebilly Elegy she’s not going to happen for a panned indie.

She’ll have to wait for Swan Song/Sunset Boulevard.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

Please I still have trauma over 1917 getting a screenplay nomination.

Me too brother, me too.

Profile picture
    RIDLEY SCOTT
    Topics:

If Glenn can’t happen for Razziebilly Elegy she’s not going to happen for a panned indie. She’ll have to wait for Swan Song/Sunset Boulevard.

Close has the worst luck ever. She is never winning. Her best chance is a Honorary Oscar.

Profile picture
    Igor Alves
    Topics:

I still think Close can win for Hillbilly. Jodie Foster is not winning, so that race is still open

Profile picture
    Chitanda170
    Topics:

I still think Close can win for Hillbilly. Jodie Foster is not winning, so that race is still open

I also think she still can win

Profile picture
    boogiezen
    Topics:

He is lowkey campaigning since last year and it shows when he launched the directors and actors featured in the empire magazine. Also, he has a documentary coming soon about the Sparks Brothers. The Spark Brothers also wrote the entirety of the dialogue/songs in Annette so there is an overlap. Although we don’t know if the film is good, Last Night in Soho stars Anya Taylor-Joy and Thomason Mackenzie. It will probably premiere in Cannes. I imagine it will be seen and talked about by people especially if Taylor-Joy wins an Emmy this year.

But this is Edgar Wright though. He is hit and miss with critics. As for Anya, actually I’m more interested in The Northman.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 498 total)

The topic ‘Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.