Home Forums Movies Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 4)

Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 498 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
fefface
schmids
  • Profile picture
    schmids
    Topics:

Yeah Glenn Close isn’t winning for a movie that took over a year after its premiere to even find a distributor and that’s coming out early in a packed year.

Profile picture
    Monsoon 🌊
    Topics:

Ruth E. Carter deserves a Best Costume Design nod for Coming 2 America. It’s THE highlight of the film.

Nice gowns, beautiful gowns.

👑Cicely Tyson (1924-2021)
    👑Mary Wilson (1944-2021)

Profile picture
    Jajajajjaja
    Topics:

But this is Edgar Wright though. He is hit and miss with critics. As for Anya, actually I’m more interested in The Northman.

He is always a hit. Scott Pilgrim and Cornetto trilogy are cult classics ( he always had 75%+ RT rating or above). Baby Driver was a masterpiece and the only thing that stopped him from Directing and Picture nomination for it was Kevin Spacey

Profile picture
    schmids
    Topics:

He is always a hit. Scott Pilgrim and Cornetto trilogy are cult classics ( he always had 75%+ RT rating or above). Baby Driver was a masterpiece and the only thing that stopped him from Directing and Picture nomination for it was Kevin Spacey

That may be the case but it remains true that no film he’s directed has ever been nominated for an above-the-line Oscar. If he can build on Baby Driver with Soho then sure he has a shot. That said, while the film definitely has big things in its favour – the cast, likely great screenplay – it will have to overcome things like genre bias and an absolutely packed season to get in anywhere other than crafts.

Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

If Glenn can’t happen for Razziebilly Elegy she’s not going to happen for a panned indie.

She’ll have to wait for Swan Song/Sunset Boulevard.

Yeah Glenn Close isn’t winning for a movie that took over a year after its premiere to even find a distributor and that’s coming out early in a packed year.

Don’t think she’ll win for what I’m assuming will be another Beautiful Boy at best (Gorgeous Girl?) but if she doesn’t this year I do see a scenario where this becomes her Dick Tracey / The Client.

Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

A Quiet Place Part II moved up from September 4 to May 28 (for what assume will be a play to get subscribers to Paramount+)

Profile picture
    Rmcd8
    Topics:

Wasn’t the Annette trailer suppose to premiere at the Berlin film festival this week? I haven’t seen or heard anything about it.

Profile picture
    schmids
    Topics:

Wasn’t the Annette trailer suppose to premiere at the Berlin film festival this week? I haven’t seen or heard anything about it.

There was an article that said it was going to be shown to industry types at the European Film Market yeah – today is the last day so it could still happen, or it may have happened and the people who saw it are extremely tight-lipped.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I think with the rate of vaccination that a lot of these films opening in May are going to do very well at the box office now people are starting to go back to movie theatres.

Promising Young Woman and Judas and the Black Messiah should stick to May releases in the UK because with the combination of the fact their stars are known fairly more in the UK than in the US and their Oscar buzz I think they may actually have a stronger box office than they did in the US lol.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    borisy
    Topics:

For what I’ve seem in the book, Adam will have the most screen time in Gucci

Profile picture
    schmids
    Topics:

For what I’ve seem in the book, Adam will have the most screen time in Gucci

It depends how closely it cleaves to the book I guess. He and Gaga are such an intriguing screen pairing (and not just because of their ridiculous size difference, lol).

And regardless, Driver and Pacino will get some juicy stuff together – very much looking forward to seeing them share the screen too.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I just posted my Globes predictions on the super early Globes thread and that Actress category is competitive af. I realised I hadn’t slotted Jennifer Hudson in but she obviously isn’t missing there unless <i>Respect </i>flops.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    boogiezen
    Topics:

Don’t get me wrong, I want Last Night in Soho to succeed. Even though there was a controversy with Spacey, I really doubt Baby Driver would have hit the award circuits.

Anyway someone already saw the trailer of Last Night in Soho, we will see.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I think what partly makes some of us confident about Last Night in SoHo is the Focus Features of it all and the fact that it looks like they might be gearing up for a big campaign for it.

Profile picture
    Jajajajjaja
    Topics:

Don’t get me wrong, I want Last Night in Soho to succeed. Even though there was a controversy with Spacey, I really doubt Baby Driver would have hit the award circuits. Anyway someone already saw the trailer of Last Night in Soho, we will see.

Wait what

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 498 total)

The topic ‘Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.