Home Forums Movies Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 4)

Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 498 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
fefface
schmids
  • Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

It depends how closely it cleaves to the book I guess. He and Gaga are such an intriguing screen pairing (and not just because of their ridiculous size difference, lol). And regardless, Driver and Pacino will get some juicy stuff together – very much looking forward to seeing them share the screen too.

Agree that Driver and Gaga is intriguing. I hadn’t realised just how teeny she actually is until they got announced for this movie but I guess she always has super-high heels on so it’s not noticeable.

Anyway someone already saw the trailer of Last Night in Soho, we will see.

They did? Where?

Profile picture
    boogiezen
    Topics:
    wolfali
    Topics:

https://twitter.com/TheJuliaYuki/status/1367862488247595010?s=19

Considering Edgar’s response to the comment in question I think that person was just joking.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

Considering Edgar’s response to the comment in question I think that person was just joking.

‘That person’ is Jonathan Ross so it’s entirely possible that he has seen it, but it also isn’t really a signifier that it’ll be released anytime soon.

Profile picture
    walkinuniverse
    Topics:

Is it confirmed that Warner Bros. will move Dune to June 18th? If so, it will probably take the slated release date for In The Heights.

I do hope both get released on the same week/month though.

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

Is it confirmed that Warner Bros. will move Dune to June 18th? If so, it will probably take the slated release date for In The Heights. I do hope both get released on the same week/month though.

Where did you hear that?

I imagine WB will want to space them out given they’re both launching theatrical and on-demand at the same time.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Where did you hear that?

There are murmurs that the co-producers of Dune are trying to sue WB for putting it on the same day on HBO Max but I haven’t heard anything about a June release.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Magnus
    Topics:

Not sure if there’s a thread for this or not but I just finished Raya and the Last Dragon and really liked it. Maybe a frontrunner for Animated Feature along with Pixar’s Luca, I’m assuming.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

So yeah I think I can scratch out Eddie Murphy as a possibility for Comedy/Musical Actor for Coming 2 America (then again the HFPA love their stars lmao).

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

So yeah I think I can scratch out Eddie Murphy as a possibility for Comedy/Musical Actor for Coming 2 America (then again the HFPA love their stars lmao).

That bad?

Profile picture
    walkinuniverse
    Topics:

https://twitter.com/filmoptix/status/1341475271145361409?s=21

Dune rumours about advancing to June 18, 2021 US release date and a mid-September international release date.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

That bad?

It wasn’t atrocious and there have been weaker sequels to classic comedies but it felt like there was no purpose to it and as if it wasted time that could have been better suited to a more original idea. If that makes sense lol? When watching it felt like the writers wanted to do a sequel, had a good idea that lasted for ten pages and then went and rehashed a weaker version of the original. Murphy was fine. That script? Eh.

Perhaps if the field is weak like it was this year (although I doubt it will be because a lot of tentpoles seem to be having their release dates brought forward) then Murphy could have stood a chance at a nomination but that Comedy/Musical Actor field is ultra competitive and if Keanu Reeves couldn’t get in for Bill and Ted 3, I don’t see how Murphy can get in.

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Jonny Greenwood is scoring The Power of the Dog, and holy shit I am so fucking excited for this film. He’s a Paul Thomas Anderson staple not to mention brilliant because……….well, it’s obvious. Radiohead.

Regardless, he’s never done light fare, it’s always tense and knotty and complicated, which means The Power of the Dog is going to hew pretty close to the book, and may very well perform as well, if not better, as The Piano did.

Really freaking excited for Kirsten Dunst, and yes of course Cumberbatch, Plemons, McPhee, Mackenzie, and Conroy as well but mostly Dunst. Even if the film doesn’t hit with Best Picture (I think it will), the characters Cumberbatch and Dunst have are absolute gold.

Profile picture
    Melvinezq
    Topics:

Jonny Greenwood is scoring The Power of the Dog, and holy shit I am so fucking excited for this film. He’s a Paul Thomas Anderson staple not to mention brilliant because……….well, it’s obvious. Radiohead. Regardless, he’s never done light fare, it’s always tense and knotty and complicated, which means The Power of the Dog is going to hew pretty close to the book, and may very well perform as well, if not better, as The Piano did. Really freaking excited for Kirsten Dunst, and yes of course Cumberbatch, Plemons, McPhee, Mackenzie, and Conroy as well but mostly Dunst. Even if the film doesn’t hit with Best Picture (I think it will), the characters Cumberbatch and Dunst have are absolute gold.

Let’s go campaigning for two women winning BP+BD in a row! This year it must be Zhao and next year, hail the queen Campion!

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

This person is apparently seeing a preview/test screening of The Last Duel next week – details of the film’s approach to its plot in the invite.

It sounds better than I thought it might be? The whole ‘perspectives’ thing could defo go wrong if it’s balanced incorrectly but the wording around the perspective of Jodie’s character gives me a bit more confidence.

If it’s awful it’s awful, I just don’t want to see a film where a woman’s experience is just a plot device for a story about men because yawn.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 498 total)

The topic ‘Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.