Home Forums Movies Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 5)

Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 502 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
schmids
kaziz
  • Profile picture
    Chris Beachum
    Topics:

Continue in Part 5.

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

To continue on from the last thread – I don’t think Cry Macho will get much traction.Too close to News of the World.

Profile picture
    diego
    Topics:

I’m not predicting it for BP or anything right now but I do think Clint has a chance of getting nominated.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I’m not predicting it for BP or anything right now but I do think Clint has a chance of getting nominated.

You’ve sparked my interest. If you don’t mind me asking what are you predicting for Best Picture?

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    mansos
    Topics:

Regarding what Warner Bros. films will be the studio’s main push, I don’t think The Many Saints of Newark will come close to the Oscars (even though I can’t wait for the actual movie). Right now I’m betting on Dune as the pain push, and to some extent Don’t Worry Darling.

Having read the Van Dyke script, I can say it’s not very good. However, Katie Silberman is on board and apparently rewriting big chunks of it. So I have hope. If good, I think it can make it in there as this years Get Out, the psychological thriller with some meat to it. There’s also a feminist theme in the script that was handled quite badly, but maybe Silberman can fix that too.

Profile picture
    kingfan011
    Topics:

Regarding what Warner Bros. films will be the studio’s main push, I don’t think The Many Saints of Newark will come close to the Oscars (even though I can’t wait for the actual movie). Right now I’m betting on Dune as the pain push, and to some extent Don’t Worry Darling. Having read the Van Dyke script, I can say it’s not very good. However, Katie Silberman is on board and apparently rewriting big chunks of it. So I have hope. If good, I think it can make it in there as this years Get Out, the psychological thriller with some meat to it. There’s also a feminist theme in the script that was handled quite badly, but maybe Silberman can fix that too.

I’m actually quite curious about this. I remember hearing that the original draft of Don’t Worry Darling had a  cool concept but was not very good. I was wondering why Olivia  Wilde had signed up so I’m curious how much it got rewritten.

Profile picture
    Jajajajjaja
    Topics:

Well, its interesting that now Focus has 2 movies in hand to campaign for, i wonder which one who will receive more push. The Northman sounds like Viking version of Gladiator (2000)

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The Northman has started to build pre-hype but idk. It feels like the least accessible film on Focus slate.

Although unless it flops critically and Last Night in SoHo doesn’t end up being the contender some of us think it will, then it can only help Anya Taylor-Joy’s narrative for a nomination.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    oscarin7
    Topics:

I just think Clint Eastwood is an extraordinary man. He is 90 years old and he’s still acting and directing. He’s one of the best actors, directors, and producers in the history of film. Legend status. 🙏🏽

Profile picture
    diego
    Topics:

March 2021 updated predictions:

Best Picture: 
    • Amsterdam
    • The French Dispatch
    • The Harder They Fall
    • House of Gucci
    • In the Heights
    • Last Night in Soho
    • Nightmare Alley
    • The Power of the Dog
    • Soggy Bottom
    • The Tragedy of Macbeth

Best Director:
    • Wes Anderson, The French Dispatch
    • Jane Campion, The Power of the Dog
    • Joel Coen, The Tragedy of Macbeth
    • Guillermo Del Toro, Nightmare Alley
    • Ridley Scott, House of Gucci

Best Actress: 
    • Ana de Armas, Blonde
    • Lady Gaga, House of Gucci
    • Jennifer Hudson, Respect
    • Frances McDormand, The Tragedy of Macbeth
    • Margot Robbie, Amsterdam

Best Actor: 
    • Christian Bale, Amsterdam
    • Bradley Cooper, Nightmare Alley
    • Adam Driver, House of Gucci
    • Jonathan Majors, The Harder They Fall
    • Denzel Washington, The Tragedy of Macbeth

Best Supporting Actress: 
    • Cate Blanchett, Nightmare Alley
    • Viola Davis, Unforgiven
    • Rooney Mara, Nightmare Alley
    • Audra McDonald, Respect
    • Regina King, The Harder They Fall

Best Supporting Actor: 
    • Bradley Cooper, Soggy Bottom
    • Idris Elba, The Harder They Fall
    • Jared Leto, House of Gucci
    • Al Pacino, House of Gucci
    • John David Washington, Amsterdam

Profile picture
    Croman
    Topics:

The Northman has started to build pre-hype but idk. It feels like the least accessible film on Focus slate.

I wonder if Kidman can finally get her 5th nom with this. It seems like she’s eternally stuck in Oscar bait projects yet never makes it all the way to Oscar. Though it seems like this will follow the same path as the Lighthouse.

Profile picture
    mansos
    Topics:

I’m curious about The Harder They Fall. It has an interesting concept and an amazing cast, but the director has me worried. Maybe a couple of acting nomination isn’t out of the question but I guess we’ll have to wait and see what kind of movie this is.

By the way, do anyone know anything about the upcoming Netflix film Monster? I can’t find anything about it except that Kelvin Harrison Jr. is starring. He’s a great actor who I believe will be nominated in the near future.

Profile picture
    diego
    Topics:

By the way, do anyone know anything about the upcoming Netflix film Monster? I

The film actually premiered back in 2018 and has a 57% on Rotten Tomatoes.

Profile picture
    mansos
    Topics:

The film actually premiered back in 2018 and has a 57% on Rotten Tomatoes.

Yeah, I saw now that it’s going to be released in March. So it’s a no go.

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Best Picture: 
    • Amsterdam
    • The French Dispatch
    • The Harder They Fall
    • House of Gucci
    • In the Heights
    • Last Night in Soho
    • Nightmare Alley
    • The Power of the Dog
    • Soggy Bottom
    • The Tragedy of Macbeth

Best Director:
    • Wes Anderson, The French Dispatch
    • Jane Campion, The Power of the Dog
    • Joel Coen, The Tragedy of Macbeth
    • Guillermo Del Toro, Nightmare Alley
    • Ridley Scott, House of Gucci

So…….The Power of the Dog makes it in BP and Best Director but it doesn’t get Benedict Cumberbatch, Jesse Plemons, Thomasin Mackenzie or KIRSTEN DUNST a nomination? C’mon now. Dunst will be in this race, I’m feeling better about it after realizing that even when Campion elevates her role to a co-lead (in the book, Cumberbatch’s character is unquestionably the protagonist, Dunst’s is a secondary protagonist, not a co-lead), Dunst will be in either Best Actress or Best Supporting Actress depending on what feels right. My sense is that if the movie does well, there isn’t much standing in her way, because her character is basically the fulcrum around which the other characters move in a way. The movie can’t work without her, and she’s always fantastic so…

Somebody asked in the previous forum what the fuss about The Power of the Dog was. If it wasn’t a Jane Campion movie, I might be a little worried but still not that much, because it’s an amazing, incredibly underrated classic. Quite literally, Thomas Savage (the author) is considered up there with Annie Proulx’s novels (Proulx wrote Brokeback Mountain) in retrospect & TPOTD is a masterpiece of the American West. It’s really great (highly recommend).

Same reason why I think The Lost Daughter and Passing (both masterwork novels) will be big deals. There’s some great adaptations this year, and the advantage such adaptations have is that people don’t know how brilliant the source material is.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 502 total)

The topic ‘Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.