Home Forums Movies Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 5)

Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 502 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
schmids
kaziz
  • Profile picture
    walkinuniverse
    Topics:

These early Oscar predictions looking very white hopefully we get another Korean nominated like minari another black story like judas a best picture front runner by a Asian women Chloe lol we need to keep up the diversity in the Oscars. Lol don’t get me wrong im pretty sure these movies will be good but most of the movies yall naming have WHITE MALE DIRECTORS. I love diversity of films.

Pretty sure POC driven films will come out later on and annihilate these early Oscar baits.

Though, I do hope your definition of diversity is not limited Koreans as the sole representation of Asians when we could have many more.

I hope you also noticed how some people here are predicting Guillermo Del Toro, Chloe Zhao, Taika Waititi and Jon M. Chu and their films to get major recognitions.

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Pretty sure POC driven films will come out later on and annihilate these early Oscar baits. Though, I do hope your definition of diversity is not limited Koreans as the sole representation of Asians when we could have many more. I hope you also noticed how some people here are predicting Guillermo Del Toro, Chloe Zhao, Taika Waititi and Jon M. Chu and their films to get major recognitions.

Its troll bait. Dont bother.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    Ash
    Topics:

Crabbie my talk about diversity is not bait sorry if you feel that way you shouldn’t feel that way though lmao.

Profile picture
    Matthew Porter
    Topics:

Do we think Zhao’s Eternals has a chance? The buzz says it’s excellent and a huge step forward for Marvel. Zhao will likely go straight from winning Best Director this year into the release of that movie so the momentum could be quite strong if the movie is as good as many claim it is.

Profile picture
    Sir Pierce
    Topics:

Do we think Zhao’s Eternals has a chance? The buzz says it’s excellent and a huge step forward for Marvel. Zhao will likely go straight from winning Best Director this year into the release of that movie so the momentum could be quite strong if the movie is as good as many claim it is.

I don’t imagine it winning, but who knows?

I could very much imagine a Best Director nomination. The thing is, though, a lot of it depends on how good Eternals is and how good (or how accessible) the competition is.

This year it’s not like we have a Tarantino, who, whenever he uses well-known actors, usually gets Oscar noms.

It’s pretty hard to predict.

In fact, I’m fairly sure that the only two films universally predicted at the beginning of last year that were actually nominated were The Trial Of The Chicago 7 and Mank (can’t remember if people considered The Father or Promising Young Woman outside of acting…) – the latter of which hasn’t been this juggernaut of a Best Picture winner that some had anticipated.

A very annoying young man, who loves cinema. 🙂

Twitter: https://twitter.com/pierce_sir
    Letterboxd: https://letterboxd.com/11higuys/

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Maggie Gyllenhaal & Elena Ferrante, The Lost Daughter

My god, Maggie Gyllenhaal is SO LUCKY AND WOWWWWW what things she must have done to get Ferrante to say yes…….wow

Profile picture
    schmids
    Topics:

A lot of the ‘buzz’ is based on a Twitter meme that’s been doing the rounds. I’m sure it’s going to be incredible but there is a specific Tweet format going around about it.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The Oscar campaign for Ms Claire Foy begins now:

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

The “buzz” is mostly a meme from Marvel diehards, but Eternals—apart from the genre bias—will ride on its actors’ performances imo, and apart from Brian Tyree Henry maybe I don’t see it being an acting player. It could end up like Black Panther and get nominated for BP and techs, but Black Panther is a really hard film to replicate. It took disparate African cultures and seriously integrated them into an epic superhero narrative, and even then Michael B. Jordan & Chadwick Boseman weren’t acting players. So it’s possible…but I’m more skeptical that it can hit more than the techs.

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Very true. If Dunst had been in more best picture nominees/contenders, she certainly would have gotten at least two-three noms till now. That’s where Amy succeeded, even if her performances weren’t as critically acclaimed as Dunst’s.

100%. This is why people often point out that Amy Adams got coattail nominations—she got so lucky by being in BP contender one after another, and I still think her most lauded and deserving performance is probably Junebug which she was the only nominee for.

If Eternal Sunshine, Melancholia, The Cat’s Meow, Midnight Special, The Beguiled, Marie Antoinette, The Virgin Suicides, All Good Things etc. been broader BP contenders, Kirsten Dunst could’ve gotten in. She didn’t lack raves for any of those films (she got a lot of critics awards mentions for The Cat’s Meow, which is strange, because most people haven’t heard of it), she just got unlucky.

Profile picture
    diego
    Topics:

Sometimes it creeps me out when news comes out just after we talk about the films here.

Cry Macho is set for an October 22nd release.

https://deadline.com/2021/03/clint-eastwoods-cry-macho-sets-fall-release-1234719584/

Profile picture
    mitchellfleming21
    Topics:

Best Picture:

Amsterdam
    Dune
    Don’t Look Up
    The French Dispatch
    The Harder They Fall
    The Last Duel (or House of Gucci. I think one will be viewed as a late career masterpiece from Scott and the other a bland mess, and Damon/Affleck/Holofcener aren’t first time screenwriters so we have an idea of which one will likely have a better script)
    Nightmare Alley
    The Northman
    The Power of the Dog
    The Tragedy of Macbeth

Best Director:
    Jane Campion – The Power of the Dog
    Guillermo Del Toro – Nightmare Alley
    Adam McKay – Don’t Look Up
    Ridley Scott – The Last Duel
    Jeymes Samuel – The Harder They Fall

Best Actor:
    Christian Bale – Amsterdam
    Benedict Cumberbatch – The Power of the Dog
    Leonardo DiCaprio – Don’t Look Up
    Jonathan Majors – The Harder They Fall
    Denzel Washington – The Tragedy of Macbeth

Best Actress:
    Ana De Armas – Blonde
    Kirsten Dunst – The Power of the Dog
    Jennifer Hudson – Respect
    Jennifer Lawrence – Don’t Look Up
    Margot Robbie – Amsterdam

Best Supporting Actor:
    Bradley Cooper – Soggy Bottom
    Adam Driver – The Last Duel
    Idris Elba – The Harder They Fall
    Jesse Plemons – The Power of the Dog
    John David Washington – Amsterdam

Best Supporting Actress:
    Jodie Comer – The Last Duel
    Cate Blanchett – Nightmare Alley
    Regina King – The Harder They Fall
    Frances McDormand – The Tragedy of Macbeth
    Ruth Negga – Passing

Best Original Screenplay:
    Don’t Look Up
    The Harder They Fall
    Don’t Worry Darling
    Soggy Bottom
    The Northman

Best Adapted Screenplay:
    The Last Duel
    Next Goal Wins
    Nightmare Alley
    Passing
    The Power of the Dog

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Best Adapted Screenplay will be a bloodbath next year. Here’s what I think:

Rebecca Hall, Passing (novel by Nella Larsen)
    Maggie Gyllenhaal, The Lost Daughter (novel by Elena Ferrante)
    Jane Campion, The Power of the Dog (novel by Thomas Savage)
    Guillermo del Toro & Kim Morgan, Nightmare Alley (novel by William Lindsay Gresham)
    Joel Coen, The Tragedy of Macbeth (play by Shakespeare)

Profile picture
    Villeneuve
    Topics:

Im praying for a Collette and/or Mara nomination😭😭

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Sometimes it creeps me out when news comes out just after we talk about the films here. Cry Macho is set for an October 22nd release. https://deadline.com/2021/03/clint-eastwoods-cry-macho-sets-fall-release-1234719584/

Cry Macho opens on the same weekend as Paramount’s Snake Eyes and Focus Features’ Last Night in Soho. 

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 502 total)

The topic ‘Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.