Home Forums Movies Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 6)

Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 452 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
3 hours ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
LA26
schmids
fefface
  • Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

https://mobile.twitter.com/THR/status/1379782429012062212

Scott Rudin is being exposed. Looks like Denzel Washington and Frances McDormand will be the only nominations The Tragedy of MacBeth will have.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

Universal’s slate for 2021, via Yahoo’s Tom Butler on Twitter.

Link to the original Tweet

Really intrigued by Belfast having a ‘better’ release date than both One Night in Soho and Dear Evan Hansen. Looks like Respect has moved too – sure it was August.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Honestly this films and its promotions feels like some sort of a parody? I hope I’m wrong because I am a fan of McNamara and Stone’s work and I did like I, Tonya (same director) but it just looks awful.

Emma Thompson still looks great in this film though lol.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    diego
    Topics:

Really intrigued by Belfast having a ‘better’ release date than both One Night in Soho and Dear Evan Hansen. Looks like Respect has moved too – sure it was August.

Feels like Judi Dench is coming.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Viridiana
    Topics:

Universal’s slate for 2021, via Yahoo’s Tom Butler on Twitter. Link to the original Tweet Really intrigued by Belfast having a ‘better’ release date than both One Night in Soho and Dear Evan Hansen. Looks like Respect has moved too – sure it was August.

Those are UK dates. In US, it´s still an August release

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    lanadelol
    Topics:

Early RESPECT Review

Early RESPECT review

This comment of an early review of RESPECT was posted last year in a different forum. If JHud is as good as this person says I can easily see her getting into next years lineup. A lot of people have been underestimating her, which is strange because she was predicted to be a front runner this year before her film was delayed.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

Early RESPECT Review Early RESPECT review This comment of an early review of RESPECT was posted last year in a different forum. If JHud is as good as this person says I can easily see her getting into next years lineup. A lot of people have been underestimating her, which is strange because she was predicted to be a front runner this year before her film was delayed.

I know for me one of the reasons I’m cautious on predicting her is her film’s early release date and the fact she’s reasonably likely to be a sole nominee (unless it’s really excellent I can’t see it breaking through into too many other categories).  In a stacked year she will have to maintain big momentum.

Can’t speak for others of course.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    MysticMagix
    Topics:

https://mobile.twitter.com/THR/status/1379782429012062212 Scott Rudin is being exposed. Looks like Denzel Washington and Frances McDormand will be the only nominations The Tragedy of MacBeth will have.

Oh gosh. They better remove him from the movie while they still can

A little bit of Magic never hurt anybody.

~ MYSTIC

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

Oh gosh. They better remove him from the movie while they still can

They can’t. It’s finished, he produced it.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

They can’t. It’s finished, he produced it.

They removed Bryan Singer from Bohemian Rhapsody didn’t they?

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

They removed Bryan Singer from Bohemian Rhapsody didn’t they?

True!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ShinySeaDiamond
    Topics:

https://mobile.twitter.com/THR/status/1379782429012062212 Scott Rudin is being exposed. Looks like Denzel Washington and Frances McDormand will be the only nominations The Tragedy of MacBeth will have.

Hate to be that guy, but unless victims of sexual assault come forward, this could well be buried in time for the next Oscar season.

On the other extreme, if this doesn’t go away, and Rudin remains credited as a producer, Washington and McDormand themselves could face backlash given that actors of their stature probably had a say over producers (especially McDormand considering her husband is directing the movie).

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

Hate to be that guy, but unless victims of sexual assault come forward, this could well be buried in time for the next Oscar season. On the other extreme, if this doesn’t go away, and Rudin remains credited as a producer, Washington and McDormand themselves could face backlash given that actors of their stature probably had a say over producers (especially McDormand considering her husband is directing the movie).

Rudin has produced several Coen Bros films – I think the only recent one he wasn’t involved with was Buster Scruggs. He’s also an exec producer on The French Dispatch and has worked on every Wes Anderson film in recent memory.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    diego
    Topics:

Early RESPECT Review Early RESPECT review This comment of an early review of RESPECT was posted last year in a different forum. If JHud is as good as this person says I can easily see her getting into next years lineup. A lot of people have been underestimating her, which is strange because she was predicted to be a front runner this year before her film was delayed.

Being honest, if she’s good JHud would have easily swept this season.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Being honest, if she’s good JHud would have easily swept this season.

Even if she’s baad. It wasn’t like Rami Malek gave the best performance in human history.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 452 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.