Home Forums Movies Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 6)

Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 519 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
replies
views
users
LA26
fefface
schmids
  • Profile picture
    Igor Alves
    Topics:

Gaga wasn’t that over the top. She was pretty subdued for a mentally unstable, murderous eccentric who was receiving very bad news. Leto though. Let’s just hope he doesn’t sink the whole ship and everyone on it with his obnoxious theatrics and that ridiculous Mario accent.

I thought she looked very flat, but compared to Leto she looks fine which is saying a lot lol

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

I just can’t with people evaluating if the acting is good or bad based on these clips.

I think the movie is gonna suck, but let’s at least wait for a trailer.

Profile picture
    Igor Alves
    Topics:

I just can’t with people evaluating if the acting is good or bad based on these clips. I think the movie is gonna suck, but let’s at least wait for a trailer.

We judge based on what we have but ofc the final say is only after watching the movie.

Profile picture
    Anirudh Arun
    Topics:

It’s probably for 2023 but:

‘In the Bedroom,’ ‘Little Children’ Director Todd Field Sets First Film in 15 Years, Starring Cate Blanchett.

https://bit.ly/3a5VMBK

Profile picture
    Melvinezq
    Topics:

It’s probably for 2023 but: ‘In the Bedroom,’ ‘Little Children’ Director Todd Field Sets First Film in 15 Years, Starring Cate Blanchett. https://bit.ly/3a5VMBK

Please, this should be a successful project. Field is an incredible filmmaker, and, yes, In The Bedroom should have won him Best Director and Best Screenplay, but several failed projects make me worried about how this turns out later.

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

I’ve been thinking back to the 2016 season, and how Amy Adams got snubbed for Arrival. The category for Best Actress is going to be a bloodbath. Does anyone think someone from the category (Lawrence, Gaga, de Armas) might completely miss out on nominations or make it to the end but get snubbed for an Oscar?

Profile picture
    Jajajajjaja
    Topics:

I’ve been thinking back to the 2016 season, and how Amy Adams got snubbed for Arrival. The category for Best Actress is going to be a bloodbath. Does anyone think someone from the category (Lawrence, Gaga, de Armas) might completely miss out on nominations or make it to the end but get snubbed for an Oscar?

Margot Robbie, Lady Gaga, De Armas and Lawrence are all far from safe for nominations lock. I would say at this point Dunst, Blanchett and McDormand are all safer

Profile picture
    Viridiana
    Topics:

Dead with that Leto accent in that Gucci clip. It sounds like Borat went to Italy lol

Profile picture
    Lady Jane Grey
    Topics:

House of Gucci will be universally panned if Leto actually sounds like that. Holy fuck. How did he get away with this? Did nobody think for one second that his accent is absolutely laughable? Throw the whole film in the bin.

Profile picture
    storminthedark
    Topics:

That ‘Why’ from Leto sounds like a bad Mario and Luigi impression lol. It is too early to judge based on only a few clips from HoG but with the scenes we’ve seen so far it appears that Editing will play a significant part in how this film is received.

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

That ‘Why’ from Leto sounds like a bad Mario and Luigi impression lol. It is too early to judge based on only a few clips from HoG but with the scenes we’ve seen so far it appears that Editing will play a significant part in how this film is received.

Would you include the script along with editing? The screenwriter is a newbie, and HoG is his first big movie.

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

Margot Robbie, Lady Gaga, De Armas and Lawrence are all far from safe for nominations lock. I would say at this point Dunst, Blanchett and McDormand are all safer

Can you list some reasons why you think the first four aren’t as safe as Blanchett, Dunst, and McDormand?

Profile picture
    borisy
    Topics:

those accents aren’t it, terrible choice

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

From what I heard about De Armas’ Blond is that it is very experimental and mostly in silence? Might not bode well with AMPAS. Ridley Scott has been too hit and miss so Gaga is not safe. It’s not clear if AMPAS is ready to welcome back David O’ Russell back after his…controversies. I’d say as of right now only McDormand is a lock since the Coen Brothers is very well liked within the Academy and its Frances. Cate Blanchett just needs Nightmare Alley to not be polarizing and she becomes a lock.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    storminthedark
    Topics:

Would you include the script along with editing? The screenwriter is a newbie, and HoG is his first big movie.

Potentially yes, I’d say editing might be more important since it could be a campy melodrama that is well received, but if it takes itself too seriously with those accents and some of the acting choices they seem to be making then I don’t know if it’ll do well.

From what I heard about De Armas’ Blond is that it is very experimental and mostly in silence? Might not bode well with AMPAS. 

Apparently these are some comments on AwardsWorthy about Blonde (from a user on reddit):

• “she called a lot of men “Daddy” because Daddy Issues and there’s arty close-ups of a uterus”
    • “Just like in the book, including uterus, dead fetus, heavy periods, menstrual blood, miscarriage etc. It’s very freudian.”
    • “The entire thing reads like an abstract fever dream”
    • “If they retain the tone of the book, I’d expect some sort of mix between Mulholland Dr (obviously) and Cronenberg’s most psychological films. It mixes body horror, psychological exploitation, there’s lots of sex, humiliations, nightmarish situations.”
    • “It is batshit crazy. Dominik has described it as ‘an avalanche of images and events’ and it has almost no dialogue.”
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 519 total)

The topic ‘Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.