Home Forums Movies Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 6)

Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 519 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
LA26
fefface
schmids
  • Profile picture
    Viridiana
    Topics:

Love that trailer. Was Cotillard’s role the one that was offered to Rihanna years ago? With that short red wig, she looks like her lol

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

Full disclosure: I haven’t seen any films made by Carax but the trailer for Annette was great. Do his movies usually get embraced outside France or are they considered inaccessible? From what I’ve read about Annette (especially from The New Yorker interview with Driver in 2019) it sounds weird (in a good way).

Profile picture
    schmids
    Topics:

Love that trailer. Was Cotillard’s role the one that was offered to Rihanna years ago? With that short red wig, she looks like her lol

No Rhianna was apparently a very small role. Cotillard is the female lead – Rooney Mara was originally playing it, then Michelle Williams, then Cotillard. Marion was first pick but turned it down because she was pregnant, then when the shoot got moved Williams dropped out and Marion came back.

Profile picture
    M: The Original
    Topics:

Full disclosure: I haven’t seen any films made by Carax but the trailer for Annette was great. Do his movies usually get embraced outside France or are they considered inaccessible? From what I’ve read about Annette (especially from The New Yorker interview with Driver in 2019) it sounds weird (in a good way).

Watch Holy Motors (2012) as a prep for this movie.

Profile picture
    schmids
    Topics:

I know those categories are STACKED next year but… might have to think about this as a surprise nominee in some crafts categories. Some of the shots in this trailer are phenomenal.

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

Torn now on which of the big Cannes prizes I think this is getting.

In the credit shot at the end Driver is a named producer along with Charles Gillbert and Paul Dominique Vacharasinthu. Is this his first producing credit?

Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

Trailer looks wonderful!

Profile picture
    Louis Cypher
    Topics:

Color me cynical but I thought the trailer, with the exception of some stunning cinematography, gave us very little in terms of story or actual scenes.

You could slap that music on 99% of independent/foreign films, string a few beautiful shots together, and voila – you’d have a Cannes palm d’or winner.

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

Color me cynical but I thought the trailer, with the exception of some stunning cinematography, gave us very little in terms of story or actual scenes.

I imagine that was the idea 🙂

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I also thought the Cannes opener would be French Dispatch, hyped for Annette though it looks amazing. Heres the trailer: https://twitter.com/cineverseoff/status/1384048067880513547?s=21

This looks so weird yet so exciting at the same time… I can’t wait!

Cotillard looks supporting from the trailer.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    schmids
    Topics:

Torn now on which of the big Cannes prizes I think this is getting. In the credit shot at the end Driver is a named producer along with Charles Gillbert and Paul Dominique Vacharasinthu. Is this his first producing credit?

It is – Deadline reported a while back that he was producing but he wasn’t listed in the IMDB credits so I assumed it was incorrect. But if he’s there then he’s there.

If he’s that high on the list as well that means if it gets any producing nominations he’d qualify.

Profile picture
    Viridiana
    Topics:

Torn now on which of the big Cannes prizes I think this is getting. 

Opening films tend to perform badly so I´d say a Driver win, with Lee as the president of the jury, seems to be its biggest chance if he delivers.

Wonder if Amazon is going to treat it as a summer release like the french distributor or if they will be doing a fall release.

Profile picture
    UrdrKitt
    Topics:

I really hope that Anthony Ramos gets nominated for In The Heights. From the trailer, he looks like he does a great job. At the very least, I think he gets in at the Globes for Comedy/Musical.

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

That Annette trailer looks so good

A Lady Gaga DEVOTEE

Profile picture
    Magnus
    Topics:

After seeing In The Heights, I’m predicting it for a few nominations, simply because it’s the only contender I’ve seen. But I also think that it could actually get them if it is a big summer hit.

Predicting it to get:
    Best Picture
    Best Supporting Actress – Olga Merediz
    Best Cinematography
    Best Film Editing
    Best Production Design
    Best Sound
    Best Original Song

Could also get:
    Best Director
    Best Actor – Anthony Ramos
    Best Costume Design

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 519 total)

The topic ‘Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.